Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
Yes, the potential hike caught people off guard.

However, I see only 2 ways to look at it.

1. non-issue, won’t affect you

or

2. Nothing you can do about it

So either way, why worry?
It sounds like things might be ok, but the answer has not been universally addressed by Ford. Some people sound like they are going to get protection one way or another from their dealers, but anyone who just trusts the dealer to work it our for them may have a bad experience.

There are plenty of instances here on the Forum where dealers arent aware of or aren't willing to deal with getting up to speed on the Ford Options program. There is little financial incentive for the dealers do not offer it yet it still happens.

The price increase is an entirely different manner. Without a doubt some buyers will go to their dealer to pick up a 22 in Feb and they will get stuck with the price increase regardless of what works out here and if there is a universal answer from Ford. Some people won't know, and the dealers are in a position with an uninformed customer or with an ambiguous situation to take advantage.

I mean, who has ever heard of a dealer trying to take advantage of a customer in the world of car sales - right?

Every time a finance guy tells the customer that they have to pay the extra $2-$3K they win:

1. The customer says no, walks away and the dealer gets to sell the car to someone at whatever price they want plus ADM.

2. The customer pays the extra fees which gives the dealer more profit.

3. The customer fights and eventually wins and the dealer just says " we were never told - thank you for bringing all of this information to me - yes we can do this for you." And it didn't cost them a thing.

You can do something, and we need to. We need to Force Ford to put out a clear statement and make sure anyone who is sitting in the chair at the dealership can find a statement by Ford that their dealer cannot argue with by doing a quick google search.

Make noise with Ford so that the dealers can't prey as easily on customers. Trusting them to treat customers right is never going to work.

Disclaimer - I think I have found a great dealership and a solid and reliable sales associate, but not everyone will have that experience.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
It sounds like things might be ok, but the answer has not been universally addressed by Ford. Some people sound like they are going to get protection one way or another from their dealers, but anyone who just trusts the dealer to work it our for them may have a bad experience.

There are plenty of instances here on the Forum where dealers arent aware of or aren't willing to deal with getting up to speed on the Ford Options program. There is little financial incentive for the dealers do not offer it yet it still happens.

The price increase is an entirely different manner. Without a doubt some buyers will go to their dealer to pick up a 22 in Feb and they will get stuck with the price increase regardless of what works out here and if there is a universal answer from Ford. Some people won't know, and the dealers are in a position with an uninformed customer or with an ambiguous situation to take advantage.

I mean, who has ever heard of a dealer trying to take advantage of a customer in the world of car sales - right?

Every time a finance guy tells the customer that they have to pay the extra $2-$3K they win:

1. The customer says no, walks away and the dealer gets to sell the car to someone at whatever price they want plus ADM.

3. The customer fights and eventually wins and the dealer just says " we were never told - thank you for bringing all of this information to me - yes we can do this for you." And it didn't cost them a thing.

You can do something, and we need to. We need to Force Ford to put out a clear statement and make sure anyone who is sitting in the chair at the dealership can find a statement by Ford that their dealer cannot argue with by doing a quick google search.

Make noise with Ford so that the dealers can't prey as easily on customers. Trusting them to treat customers right is never going to work.

Disclaimer - I think I have found a great dealership and a solid and reliable sales associate, but not everyone will have that experience.
Ford will never universally address it. Just read the “terms and agreements” that everyone here “read and agreed to” when they made a reservation.

The price you pay is determined by the dealership.

https://www.ford.com/help/terms-conditions/

“You must contact a Dealer to discuss final transaction pricing, arrange any necessary financing, and complete your purchase of the Vehicle. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle. The Dealer sets the Vehicle price, which may differ from the MSRP. Unless otherwise indicated, MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price and does not include destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge. Optional equipment not included.”

And the best part?

“If you object to any of these Terms, your sole recourse is to stop using the Program.”

911roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Ford will never universally address it. Just read the “terms and agreements” that everyone here “read and agreed to” when they made a reservation.

The price you pay is determined by the dealership.

https://www.ford.com/help/terms-conditions/

“You must contact a Dealer to discuss final transaction pricing, arrange any necessary financing, and complete your purchase of the Vehicle. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle. The Dealer sets the Vehicle price, which may differ from the MSRP. Unless otherwise indicated, MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price and does not include destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge. Optional equipment not included.”

And the best part?

“If you object to any of these Terms, your sole recourse is to stop using the Program.”

911roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I just posted the answer to the MSRP issue from Ford customer service so get going and pin your dealer down and if they won’t comply with you have your Mach e shipped to a dealer that will be happy. To make the sale!!!

wombats3

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Mach E Premium EX AWD (Dark Matter Gray)
Country flag

I selected my dealer based on other reviews (on this forum) of them being solid and reliable, and I just got this response from them related to the higher price:

The price of the current window sticker is what you will pay. Unfortunately Ford does not offer price protection from model year changes. That goes for you as well as us. If I sold you the car at the previous window sticker price, Ford would charge me the difference and that wouldn't be a good business decision on our part.

I'm not loving that response.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
FWIW, I have contacted my dealer, and they have been clear on the communication on what price I will be paying; that price is the original MSRP. We also had a good conversation on vehicle sales in general, in that dealers that are working in the best interest for themselves (ADMs, lack of effort on price protection, TruCoat) may be living the life now, but are not looking at the sales model in the long-term (repeat business, referrals, reputation, etc).

Ultimately all this is conjecture and whatnot until the check is in their hands and my butt is in the driver's seat, and you are free to take from it what you will. At least for now I have some confidence in the dealership and Ford are working together to make this right.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I selected my dealer based on other reviews (on this forum) of them being solid and reliable, and I just got this response from them related to the higher price:

The price of the current window sticker is what you will pay. Unfortunately Ford does not offer price protection from model year changes. That goes for you as well as us. If I sold you the car at the previous window sticker price, Ford would charge me the difference and that wouldn't be a good business decision on our part.

I'm not loving that response.
They are wrong, but it wouldn’t be the first time.

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Based upon what my dealer told me and this thread, I am going to guess the price protection program is available for those with orders prior to increase, but whether you get the dealer and FORD to apply it will be more or less based upon each individuals negotiating skills and the market at the time. Buying a car sucks the life out of buying a car.

khadotcom

First Name
Kha Nguyen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select RWD
Country flag
My dealer said they won't know about the price protection/Ford credit until the time of purchase. Who knows!

nhammerschmidt

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4
Country flag
There's no proper source for that information. It didn't necessarily come from Ford, but supposedly a "trustworthy source" without any credentials to back that up.
The source on Blue Oval Forums is a Ford Contact. He cannot release his name or position, because most of the information he posts is proprietary and could lead to big time issues if his identity is known.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
The source on Blue Oval Forums is a Ford Contact. He cannot release his name or position, because most of the information he posts is proprietary and could lead to big time issues if his identity is known.
My understanding is that someone working for a major corporation who is providing proprietary information cannot always hide behind an anonymous identity on a forum. Of course there is a hierarchy of leaked info and if it were material (=affect on the stock price) the SEC could get someone's identity. Not sure this rises to that level but I would think Ford could put sufficient pressure on if needed and identify the person.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
They've been doing it for 20 years...

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
They've been doing it for 20 years...
Well, that means that Ford just isn't concerned enough with what he/she is disclosing for them to go to the trouble of taking more action. If it really mattered, they could (and would).

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, that means that Ford just isn't concerned enough with what he/she is disclosing for them to go to the trouble of taking more action. If it really mattered, they could (and would).
I don’t get it. You act like you don’t want someone being helpful giving us inside info?

It’s not like it’s insider trading (material) info.

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
Nobody that ordered with a lower price is going to pay more, except those who had their 2021s rolled into 2022s, and already knew of a small price increase, with a $750 rebate that more than offset the increase, so they'll pay net less.

Those wasting their time calling uninformed dealers prior to a car even being made are worrying for no reason. You should be joyous, you're getting a $2,000 discount on a car so it's worth more before you even own it.

Find other things to worry about, like your range in cold weather... ? ?
I like your attitude, I'm worried as to when our furnace will be fixed. Waiting on parts. It's chilly in here.
Sponsored