Order status

bdesatnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 BMW i3, 2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E AWD ER
Country flag
Placed my Premium order on Monday and contacted my dealer that day. My order status on Ford.com still shows "Order Sent to Dealer", assuming it should show "Order Accepted" by this point. I'm getting conflicting messages from the dealer and Ford as to what the dealer needs to do move the order along. Has anyone else run into this issue? Once the dealer does whatever they need to do, anyone know how long it takes for the order status to change to "Order Accepted"?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status 1593731961293
Sponsored

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
It is 20 minutes or less for the system to update.
I have been calling and emailing my dealer every day to get them to click the dang button to accept my order. Thankfully, they just did a moment ago. No more continuous refresh!

PS20221

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Fe, ordered MME premium, x rwd, in carbonized grey
Country flag
I’m in the same boat. I keep calling and emailing the dealer... and refreshing my order page. Tomorrow is day 7, so hopefully all gets resolved, otherwise it will revert back to reservation status.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Contact your dealer and let them know you have placed the order. Ask them to go into their system to accept the order.

OP
OP
bdesatnik

bdesatnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Problem is that the dealer doesn’t know what to do to accept the order. Is there a 7 day window in which the dealer needs to accept the order before it goes back to reservation status? I was told that by Ford but the dealer said the order stays until 12/31. Getting mixed and inconsistent messages which doesn’t give me a good level of comfort in this process.

PS20221

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Fe, ordered MME premium, x rwd, in carbonized grey
Country flag
Problem is that the dealer doesn’t know what to do to accept the order. Is there a 7 day window in which the dealer needs to accept the order before it goes back to reservation status? I was told that by Ford but the dealer said the order stays until 12/31. Getting mixed and inconsistent messages which doesn’t give me a good level of comfort in this process.
This morning Ford marketing told me if the order was not accepted after 7 days, it would kick back into reservation status and I would be refunded my dealer deposit. Then I could try again or change dealers, etc. I think it’s just our reservations are good until 12/31.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I really do hope that routine in the UK is going to be different than that in the US. Reading the posts in various threads on this forum and on Facebook many of you are experiencing needless and unnecessary problems. Seems to me a classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. I have heard that there is a legal problem with Ford going completely online for their sales in the US, but then Tesla seem to get away with it. Here in the UK I believe that the process will be all online except for the final handover/paperwork signing to be done at the nominated dealer, although as usual with Ford, there is a distinct lack of information about all of this so we will not know until our order system goes 'live' which hopefully will not be much longer. ???

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I really do hope that routine in the UK is going to be different than that in the US. Reading the posts in various threads on this forum and on Facebook many of you are experiencing needless and unnecessary problems. Seems to me a classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. I have heard that there is a legal problem with Ford going completely online for their sales in the US, but then Tesla seem to get away with it. Here in the UK I believe that the process will be all online except for the final handover/paperwork signing to be done at the nominated dealer, although as usual with Ford, there is a distinct lack of information about all of this so we will not know until our order system goes 'live' which hopefully will not be much longer. ???
This has been highly dependent upon the willingness, and knowledge of the selected dealer in question.

If the dealer is motivated and paying attention there have been very few issues.

I converted early last Saturday morning and then didn't log in or check until Monday. When I did on Monday the dealer had already accepted the order and minutes after I checked, my salesperson gave me a call to let me know. All very painless.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, we have the full range. We have dealers that know everything we do on the Forum and more (mostly because they are on here!). We have dealers like mine who aren't as well informed as us but are coming up to speed and getting the jobs done. We have the interested but behind the curve dealers. Finally, we have the clueless. No surprise with 2,000 EV-certified dealers.

My guess is your dealers in the UK will be better informed. They and Ford-UK will also have been informed by our growing pains. While I know you would rather take the pains and get your Mach Es earlier, at least by being delayed, European customers should have an easier time of it.

However, I recommend you act proactively and talk with your dealers to let them know you expect them to learn from what has happened on this side of the pond.

opennetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I officially have one of the clueless ones. Called again today to try and see what the problem is with accepting my order and if I can help walk them through the process. It seems not a single person working at the dealership even knows what the Mustang Mach-E is; they are seemingly not even aware that it is a car Ford offers and don't know a single thing about it. They also claim to have no awareness that customers can submit orders from Ford's website. They don't want to do anything until they hear more information about the car and process direct from Ford. How in the world are these dealerships EV-certified and allowed to be listed in the online ordering system? Ford really needs to work on communication and dealership standards and training.

At this point, I have given up hope that they will ever manage to hit the stupid button to accept the order before the order submission expires and gets reverted back into a reservation. After that, I will need to call the help line, wait another 5 days (if I am lucky... some are reporting being past that and still waiting) to get it transferred to a different dealership and hope for better luck. This is not a small dealership either; they are the largest in the area and have a lot of employees.

Last edited:

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
My dealer Galpin Ford the largest in LA was only this morning able to order my car.

049F694B-A8B0-4B7A-AE17-423D6FE87E8C.png

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
At this point, I have given up hope that they will ever manage to hit the stupid button to accept the order before the order submission expires and gets reverted back into a reservation. After that, I will need to call the help line, wait another 5 days (if I am lucky... some are reporting being past that and still waiting) to get it transferred to a different dealership and hope for better luck. This is not a small dealership either; they are the largest in the area and have a lot of employees.
I have an order where the dealer has not hit the accept button - its 8 days now - and it has not reverted back to the reservation stage/status yet - not sure if it does -

Last edited:
OP
OP
bdesatnik

bdesatnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good to know but does anyone know the ramification to our orders if these dealers don't accept our orders soon?

In my situation, the dealer told me on Friday that they accepted the order but the order still shows on Ford.com as "Order sent to Dealer". He sent me a screenshot showing "ROVP Status" of "Order Submitted" and "SAP Status" of "Order Confirmed" - anyone know what those status' mean?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, we have the full range. We have dealers that know everything we do on the Forum and more (mostly because they are on here!). We have dealers like mine who aren't as well informed as us but are coming up to speed and getting the jobs done. We have the interested but behind the curve dealers. Finally, we have the clueless. No surprise with 2,000 EV-certified dealers.
To be fair, I think we've had a lot of buyers on these forums jumping the gun too early to get answers from dealerships before they even had a chance to absorb the info from Ford, especially for a vehicle that won't even start production until late-2020.

I get people being anxious, and I get people wanting answers. But from a dealership's standpoint, this is one minor model that most dealers won't even sell 5 of this year. Meanwhile they have many hundreds of other vehicles to keep selling normally.

Ford put dealers in a tough spot by announcing the Mach-e way too early, by taking reservations, and by creating a totally bastardized process relative to the norm (at least in the US).
Sponsored