joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
So this thing is a little wonky. My MME is a dealer stock order, I didn't order it myself. The order number from my window sticker is three digits and then a letter. First, it gave me "invalid order number" because I put the letter at the end in lowercase. Making it a capital, I no longer get invalid order number but now it tells me the VIN cannot be found

Earlier today the macheforum.com tracker stopped retrieving my VIN, then it started working, now it's broken again, too.
Sponsored

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
The Shop.Ford site is working for me. The Link/App on this forum says cannot find VIN so is now broke. My MME is in production this week and they are showing a estimated delivery on 4/8/21. That is only a 4 week delivery time. Unless the process has really sped up I don't see that happening. Wouldn't you know...we are going on our first vacation in two years for 10 days starting 4/11. Watch the car come in then and the dealer will be harassing me to come get delivery.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I looked into it a little more. It appears that this is what changed:
  1. Old API required only the VIN , and was accessible to anyone
  2. New one requires the VIN, the orderNumber (4-digit), and a request token
That last part appears to have been put in place to prevent unauthorized use of the tracker by third party tools, such as the www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker.

That's not to say it can't still be used. All the information is still there, at shop.ford.com, you just have to paste it into a JSON parser to be able to see it all like you did before.

The forum tracker will require an update, and now it's slightly more complicated...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order Tracking is Broken? 1614876843336

theblueone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi e-tron
Country flag
I managed to get in, but there are still some kinks to work out for sure. The first sign that it's odd is that it's referring to my First Edition as a Premium, and then it says that it is due to arrive in 6 days, on 2/27/2021. (That's -5 days from now.)

As excited as I am about the MME, at this point I've started shopping for an e-tron as well, and will likely go with whoever can get me a vehicle first. I would *like* a MME, but what I *need* is a 4WD crossover/suv in the garage before the end of the month. The consistently opaque info around this process has been really disappointing.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
BOO, was fun tracking others... While still possible, way too much time now for casual looking. Funny how after all these years they change it now, was it the MME folks or the Bronco folks. ?

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
On a positive note, I love the Ford tracker and, as long as it’s reliable, I appreciate the added info

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Works for me currently. I used my VIN + the 4-digit order number from the VVR / window sticker.
It's strange that they don't have some test environment to put changes onto before they push live...
They do - www.macheforum.com ?

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I managed to get in, but there are still some kinks to work out for sure. The first sign that it's odd is that it's referring to my First Edition as a Premium, and then it says that it is due to arrive in 6 days, on 2/27/2021. (That's -5 days from now.)

As excited as I am about the MME, at this point I've started shopping for an e-tron as well, and will likely go with whoever can get me a vehicle first. I would *like* a MME, but what I *need* is a 4WD crossover/suv in the garage before the end of the month. The consistently opaque info around this process has been really disappointing.
A First Edition IS a Premium. First Edition is essentially an appearance package that’s available for Premium from a system perspective.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
can get info on Ford web page and new way on order tracking. Unable to get anything anymore on Mache forum or JSON.
"success": false,
"error-codes": [
"missing-input-response"
]
Fortunately we were all sharp enough to print out our window stickers. That old school paper nonsense comes in handy.

Last edited:

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Yup-the last 4 in item number and your vin work! Thanks whoever was the original to figure that out!

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
And looks like they broke getting the window sticker at https://www.ford.com/buy/mach-e/manage.html, even when logged in. "Can't load sticker at this time." And neither part of the eight digit order number at that site works at the shop site.
Have you already received your car? I know a while back Ford decided to not keep window stickers live after a sale. Makes it harder to look up window stickers on used vehicles. If it is listed for sale at a Ford dealer, it will re-enable the window sticker though.

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Have you already received your car? I know a while back Ford decided to not keep window stickers live after a sale. Makes it harder to look up window stickers on used vehicles. If it is listed for sale at a Ford dealer, it will re-enable the window sticker though.
No - last seen at the Muncie ramp according to palsapp. Scheduled for Mar 6 - 12. I am not sure if the two Ford sites have the same info, so maybe I am not losing too much. I get the feeling they added order number to the sticker lookup, then forgot to add it to their own requests.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
No - last seen at the Muncie ramp according to palsapp. Scheduled for Mar 6 - 12. I am not sure if the two Ford sites have the same info, so maybe I am not losing too much. I get the feeling they added order number to the sticker lookup, then forgot to add it to their own requests.
Yeah it looks like they are right in the middle of making this change. So it'll likely be intermittent it working or not until its fully implemented.

From what I've seen watching on here and a few random cars I've tracked, Once it gets off the train in KC, we lose quite a bit of visibility until it shows up at a dealer. Palsapp worked great for tracking cars for me. I'm only a few hours from KC, so they get off the train in KC and onto a truck to be delivered to the dealer. So you see it loaded in KC and get a delivery date directly to the dealer.

Others only get that palsapp tracking between trains and then lose it again.

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Yeah it looks like they are right in the middle of making this change. So it'll likely be intermittent it working or not until its fully implemented.

From what I've seen watching on here and a few random cars I've tracked, Once it gets off the train in KC, we lose quite a bit of visibility until it shows up at a dealer. Palsapp worked great for tracking cars for me. I'm only a few hours from KC, so they get off the train in KC and onto a truck to be delivered to the dealer. So you see it loaded in KC and get a delivery date directly to the dealer.

Others only get that palsapp tracking between trains and then lose it again.
Yeah, I am not expecting much in the way of further tracking, so not that big a deal, but it is a little funny that they broke their own link to the window sticker.
Sponsored