Order Tracking is Broken?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yeah, I am not expecting much in the way of further tracking, so not that big a deal, but it is a little funny that they broke their own link to the window sticker.
It'll be a while before they finish fixing all of that.

In your case, if you're actually in the San Diego County area, your car will go to KC then on palsapp you should eventually see it move to a BNSF yard for shipment to SoCal. But pretty much nothing we can see after that.
Sponsored

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
I never ever released untested code into our production systems.....

It stays on a test system - test - test - test - let my wife try it (she can break any software on Earth), and if it survives then move it over to the production systems!!!!

Who is running software development and testing at Ford?????

The ford site to display the window sticker has not functioned for about a week. Glad I printed mine out when it did work!!!

Thanks to whomever found out where the 4 digit order number input field came from!

What will they try next to keep us out - Require Farley's month and day of his date of birth???

I am trying to figure all this out. They screw up in the manufacture of our vehicles and wildly miss their published delivery dates. So in a good spirit to keep things "open and transparent", they attempt to shut down any access we had to tracking where our vehicles are that were on sites they provided for us to use. And then offer us a silly token gift of some extra charging time. Is that about it?

This vehicle launch is not going so well......

Jim

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
They donā€™t want us checking dealer inventory status. Thatā€™s what I was doing ?
It just occurred to me that this is a bit silly since many dealers have links to the window stickers and weā€™ve just cracked the code, so I can go back to figuring out that there are a total of 3 Mustang Mach Es actually at dealers in the entire tri-state area, and the rest are in some ā€œvirtualā€ state of existence.
And I think this change was done to address the dealer purchases. I was tracking a dealer order that I'm buying, and even with the new required order number, it will not show. Instead it will say: If you placed your order through Ford Express Buy, please login to your account to track the vehicle status.

My anxiety demands constant status update :rolleyes:.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
And I think this change was done to address the dealer purchases. I was tracking a dealer order that I'm buying, and even with the new required order number, it will not show. Instead it will say: If you placed your order through Ford Express Buy, please login to your account to track the vehicle status.

My anxiety demands constant status update :rolleyes:.
I can't wait for Amazon to buy Ford. :p - Kidding... Really

With my Prime membership it will come with next day delivery!!

Being able to track demo vs for sale was a big help for some, now you have to figure out if it's FCTP or Retail. Ford really should help the dealers make it much clearer for the customer if what they see online is actually for sale.

Last edited:

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Quick question- What is the date on the bottom of the window sticker?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The order number field has been removed

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
FWIW, a few days after you take delivery of your vehicle your VIN is no longer available from the VIN tracking site...
Sponsored