Ordered on October 1st, just got my "Order Confirmed" email from Ford today (Oct 20th)

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I placed my order on September 30th at the dealer but they didn’t put it into the system until October 7th. I called Ford’s marketing department that they have the order but no confirmation email yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I placed my order on September 30th at the dealer but they didn’t put it into the system until October 7th. I called Ford’s marketing department that they have the order but no confirmation email yet.
I think that dealers couldn’t put in any orders until the 7th. Hope things move along soon!

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I think that dealers couldn’t put in any orders until the 7th. Hope things move along soon!
Interesting. The only reason I went in person to the dealer was because Ford.com wasn’t working for days and I got impatient. Seems like that might have cost me a week. :(

Bblattz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GT Rapid Red
Country flag
I also placed GT order at beginning of month at dealer and just received automated email from Ford today about the order. Dealer said they entered it on 10/11. They must have finally started processing the 22 orders.

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Interesting. The only reason I went in person to the dealer was because Ford.com wasn’t working for days and I got impatient. Seems like that might have cost me a week. :(
nah I bet you’re good. Even so, a week isnt much in this game. Hope to have the car by the end of March. But I think that’s optimistic.

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag

EpicMachE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME, FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
The email I've got yesterday was about confirming the order by FORD...... not by dealer.......
So I expect to see "Place order" checked....

Capture.PNG
Has the dealer reached out to you ? I placed mine online and had to call dealer and they insist I have to come in to place the order. I am sure to jack up the price since I have the Xplan and he isn't happy. I may cancel ... Did everyone have to make a trip to the dealer after their online order???

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Has the dealer reached out to you ? I placed mine online and had to call dealer and they insist I have to come in to place the order. I am sure to jack up the price since I have the Xplan and he isn't happy. I may cancel ... Did everyone have to make a trip to the dealer after their online order???

I did, they wanted me to sign the sheet with the price listed. I made sure there were no markups on it - it looked the same as the online order. Before I ordered I emailed my salesperson to ask if they accepted xplan (they don't) and if there would be any ADM (the only one is a $129 processing fee), amongst other questions.
This is new territory for a lot of dealers. The GM at mine actually told me that mine was the first online order they've ever done. Strange times.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Before placing an order I called the dealer to make sure he doesn't do any markups on the online orders and $500 deposit is refundable..... He also invited me to check the car. After he gave me all the assurances I needed I have placed an order and then he messaged me that he received and accepted that order right away.
I visited him the same day, he showed me the car, however we couldn't testdrive it because it was purchased already.
Today I visited him again - he reassured me that they never do such a bad business practice as surprise markups. He also told me that shipping to him takes about 2 weeks. So we'll see.....

dbonsett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
I'm hoping that the email was just delayed and that it really was confirmed/entered into the system earlier this month.

Anyone else that ordered a 2022 on October 1st get the email today?
I ordered my GT Grabber blue performance 10/8. Got a ordered recieved email today.

dbonsett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
I also placed GT order at beginning of month at dealer and just received automated email from Ford today about the order. Dealer said they entered it on 10/11. They must have finally started processing the 22 orders.
Same here. They must pile up and then enter them. Dealer said 16 weeks. But they probably dont know.

Old Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E EX, RW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In response to my question about the blue in number two, the dealer emailed me: “It means the vehicle is in process, currently it is an unscheduled clean order (buildable) I will keep you informed as best I can updates if there are any are usually available on Fridays."

Last edited:

Old Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E EX, RW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In response to my question about the blue in number two, the dealer emailed me: “It means the vehicle is in process, currently it is an unscheduled clean order (buildable) I will keep you informed as best I can updates if there are any are usually available on Fridays."

The dealer was dead on as to Fridays, at least in my case. Received this from Ford just now:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ordered on October 1st, just got my "Order Confirmed" email from Ford today (Oct 20th) 1634921830843

"Dear Stephen Appell,

Congratulations on ordering your all‑new Mustang Mach-E Premium! Your order has been placed with Ford Motor Company on your behalf by J.C. Lewis Ford."

Last edited:

DeathStar

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Telecommunications
Country flag
Ordered online 10/17, Dealer Accepted 10/18, Conformation letter from Ford 10/19.
Sponsored