Ordered on October 1st, just got my "Order Confirmed" email from Ford today (Oct 20th)

DrJay32

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.luminescentphoto.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
I placed my order on September 30th at the dealer but they didn’t put it into the system until October 7th. I called Ford’s marketing department that they have the order but no confirmation email yet.
My dealer said that Ford wasn't accepting dealer orders until 10/15... I am currently trying to track down the order # from my dealer as it wasn't indicated on my email confirmation from Ford.
Sponsored

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
My dealer said that Ford wasn't accepting dealer orders until 10/15... I am currently trying to track down the order # from my dealer as it wasn't indicated on my email confirmation from Ford.
One of the things that’s been frustrating about this is the lack of consistency. Ask 3 different people the same question (when can dealers submit orders) and get 3 different answers. I ended up getting my confirmation email shortly after posting that I hadn’t received it yet.

DrJay32

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.luminescentphoto.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
One of the things that’s been frustrating about this is the lack of consistency. Ask 3 different people the same question (when can dealers submit orders) and get 3 different answers. I ended up getting my confirmation email shortly after posting that I hadn’t received it yet.
Agreed. And I was out of the country for most of October, so I wasn't able to follow up until I got back home.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
I placed my order at the dealer on October 18th. And right after that I got this email from Ford. Am I missing piece of the puzzle or something? Just asking. I never heard anything since.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ordered on October 1st, just got my "Order Confirmed" email from Ford today (Oct 20th) 20211026_013204

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I placed my order at the dealer on October 18th. And right after that I got this email from Ford. Am I missing piece of the puzzle or something? Just asking. I never heard anything since.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ordered on October 1st, just got my "Order Confirmed" email from Ford today (Oct 20th) 20211026_013204
No, you should be in good shape. Just keep in mind that orders placed through the dealership won't be able to be tracked on ford.com for some stupid reason, and you won't be able to complete the purchase online either. Now for the long wait...

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I ordered at dealer on October 18th. Got this email maybe 20 minutes later while still at the dealership. I posted this before. But since, nothing else. Crickets.

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I ordered at dealer on October 18th. Got this email maybe 20 minutes later while still at the dealership. I posted this before. But since, nothing else. Crickets.
Be prepared for many more months of crickets. I don't know if Ford sends an email when your car is scheduled for production or not, but if they do, that will be your next communication. It's been 10 days...
Anyone else care to chime in on at which part in the order process emails are sent?

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Well, another Thursday has nearly passed and although it says I ordered Oct. 1 I still haven't "made the team"--I'm still stuck at stage 2 so no production date. Might have to see what the dealer says tomorrow.

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Well, another Thursday has nearly passed and although it says I ordered Oct. 1 I still haven't "made the team"--I'm still stuck at stage 2 so no production date. Might have to see what the dealer says tomorrow.
I'm still hoping to make the team soon too. I doubt the dealer can do much at this point... I did verify with them that my order priority is 10 so there's that.

Djynn81

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
placed order on Aug 23rd. Prem. ER AWD. Email telling me it was changed to a 2022 then No word till 10/21 saying order confirmed as a 2022. Did order through dealer so hard to track with out bugging Dealer.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
placed order on Aug 23rd. Prem. ER AWD. Email telling me it was changed to a 2022 then No word till 10/21 saying order confirmed as a 2022. Did order through dealer so hard to track with out bugging Dealer.
I ordered through a dealer to. Same spec as you. So I hang out with all you guys while we all wait in the Ford circle jerk room.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I'm still hoping to make the team soon too. I doubt the dealer can do much at this point... I did verify with them that my order priority is 10 so there's that.
Glad you at least got a nice score (at least I think that's good), that must be reassuring.

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Glad you at least got a nice score (at least I think that's good), that must be reassuring.
Yeah it's weird, the priority code is 2 digits and the lower you go the better so 10 is the best and 99 is the worst. At least that's what I've gathered.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yeah it's weird, the priority code is 2 digits and the lower you go the better so 10 is the best and 99 is the worst. At least that's what I've gathered.
Your Lordship. Where did you find that number stuff out? I never knew of it.
Sponsored