OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I bought my car June 21. Had it for almost a whole year and ZERO OTA for me. The dealership has replaced my APIM. That was a couple of months ago. I seem to have a newer version since then. I believe maybe 1.7, but not sure really how to check.

I am now able to schedule reoccurring updates, but they always fail.

I have the fordpass widget on my phone. Shows its been trying to do the Ford Power-Up 2.1, but every time it tries, it fails.

I will be picking her up today from the dealer. I had the window recalls done, the 3 days it was in they were not able to force any updates either.

Dealership has the gateway module on order. Maybe that will fix it?!

Anyone have any ideas to try or have my dealership try?
Well your "About Sync" page in the car should list your Sync version that you're currently on...unless it's 'stuck' and showing no version and your "updates" button is grayed out.

You can check the list here for where you think you might be. I'm thinking you're at 1.9.0 from what you've said.

I've seen posts from other folks both here and on the F-150 forum where the techs ended up replacing the GWM (gateway) module as part of their repair process.

If you post your VIN I can look up and see what software updates you have pending, most of which the dealer should be doing for free under a couple of programs (CSP 21P22, etc).

Mike
Sponsored

kimbroe1981

First Name
Kimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Well your "About Sync" page in the car should list your Sync version that you're currently on...unless it's 'stuck' and showing no version and your "updates" button is grayed out.

You can check the list here for where you think you might be. I'm thinking you're at 1.9.0 from what you've said.

I've seen posts from other folks both here and on the F-150 forum where the techs ended up replacing the GWM (gateway) module as part of their repair process.

If you post your VIN I can look up and see what software updates you have pending, most of which the dealer should be doing for free under a couple of programs (CSP 21P22, etc).

Mike

3FMTK3R78MMA03378

Thank you

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
3FMTK3R78MMA03378

Thank you
You have zero updates pending. Your tech has been a very busy bee. Seriously.

After all the updates (CSP 21P22, etc.) there are no outstanding updates showing as due. They did try to do a PMI on your GWM as the last thing yesterday at around 2 PM. And when that came back as failed they must have ordered the GWM as a result.

Frankly, it looks like you're in good hands. Actually I'm a bit impressed by this shop.

Mike

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
Should I have a Frunk Button in my FordPass app now on my Premium AWD ER (Job 1) since all of my updates are current?

I'm on Sync 22095_PRODUCT Revision: 421/Power up 2.8.3

Thanks

kimbroe1981

First Name
Kimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
You have zero updates pending. Your tech has been a very busy bee. Seriously.

After all the updates (CSP 21P22, etc.) there are no outstanding updates showing as due. They did try to do a PMI on your GWM as the last thing yesterday at around 2 PM. And when that came back as failed they must have ordered the GWM as a result.

Frankly, it looks like you're in good hands. Actually I'm a bit impressed by this shop.

Mike
I just picked my car up. That's what they told me. Said my gateway module is bad because it's not pulling any updates, because it doesn't seem to think there are any at this time.

So, She will be going back in next week with the gateway module comes in.

Also, Now I have front camera fault and precollision assist not working. But I don't want them to keep her over the long weekend. Hopefully they can get that fixed next week.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Should I have a Frunk Button in my FordPass app now on my Premium AWD ER (Job 1) since all of my updates are current?

I'm on Sync 22095_PRODUCT Revision: 421/Power up 2.8.3

Thanks
I’m at the same version level you are. I have no frunk button in FP and the non-working one that used to be in the “Access” menu of my car was removed.
I don’t think they’ve pushed out that update to put that back yet.
Mike

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Third day, received 2.1 OTA this morning.
Now I have Blue Cruise message.
Many others seem to have faded away from here.
I'm saying goodbye and heading to the Blue Cruise forums at last!

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
I’m at the same version level you are. I have no frunk button in FP and the non-working one that used to be in the “Access” menu of my car was removed.
I don’t think they’ve pushed out that update to put that back yet.
Mike
I don’t think I ever had the frunk button in access, but I was stuck at 1.7.1 since last November.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
Thanks for posting this. Gives me hope. Stuck since November.
Update: I've been stuck getting to 1.7.1 since November. MME was at the Beach Ford dealership 8 days before they determined they could not get me unstuck since the TSB required taking down the firewall. I contacted FOMOCO on this site who said they would escalate this to the EV team, gave me a case number, and said I should hear back in a couple days. After 2 weeks with no contact, I reached out to FOMOCO who advised that my best bet was to continue trying to work with the same dealership that already told me "no". Unbelievable. So, I've been shopping dealerships trying to find one to help me. I now have an appointment to take my MME in June 2. They said it will take 2.5 days to get it to BC. Hoping for the best. Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Update: I've been stuck getting to 1.7.1 since November.
Welcome to the club. I've send a message yesterday to FOMOCO here for a request for help. Only a generic reply asking me for more info (my name; owners name, etc) so far, but it was at least a same-day reply.

The dealer's attempts to update me have me now getting a "electrical system drain" warning on the dash/fordpass, and I've lost intelligent cruise and possibly lane keeping (seems to have been "turned off" on me? Tried re-enabling, haven't been for a drive yet). "Ford corporate is blocking your bluecruise update, you have to wait until they give the go ahead" is what I'm being told.

My words of wisdom is familiarize yourself with your state's lemon laws, as well as the price offers you get from carvana/vroom/etc. I'm at day 24/30, since my state only counts "business days" (which is cow 💩 since the dealer has service open full-day Saturday).

I plan to test-drive the ioniq 5 and ev6. Full heated seats? Ventilated front seats? Heat pump? Faster charging? Don't seem to have plans for OTA updates, other than nav maps? Similar performance to my Permium AWS? Sounds fantastic...

Reactions: RSH

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: I've been stuck getting to 1.7.1 since November. MME was at the Beach Ford dealership 8 days before they determined they could not get me unstuck since the TSB required taking down the firewall. I contacted FOMOCO on this site who said they would escalate this to the EV team, gave me a case number, and said I should hear back in a couple days. After 2 weeks with no contact, I reached out to FOMOCO who advised that my best bet was to continue trying to work with the same dealership that already told me "no". Unbelievable. So, I've been shopping dealerships trying to find one to help me. I now have an appointment to take my MME in June 2. They said it will take 2.5 days to get it to BC. Hoping for the best. Any words of wisdom are appreciated.
...taking down the firewall? What?!

There is nothing in any TSB that says they have to "take down the firewall". Unless they are referring to their dealership's network firewall that may be keeping their tech's FDRS computer from downloading files he/she requires to do their daily frickin' job! In which case they're muppets.

If your APIM is stuck and you can't get OTAs the TSB 22-2150 says to remove some of the trim on the left side of the lower console and plug the USB adapter/network adapter in there.

But if their tech is having problems doing this, then they're having problems doing any sort of software updates for any vehicles, cause if they can't get a good connection to the Ford server then there's no use in trying to work on anybody's vehicle. Full stop.

Wow.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welcome to the club. I've send a message yesterday to FOMOCO here for a request for help. Only a generic reply asking me for more info (my name; owners name, etc) so far, but it was at least a same-day reply.

The dealer's attempts to update me have me now getting a "electrical system drain" warning on the dash/fordpass, and I've lost intelligent cruise and possibly lane keeping (seems to have been "turned off" on me? Tried re-enabling, haven't been for a drive yet). "Ford corporate is blocking your bluecruise update, you have to wait until they give the go ahead" is what I'm being told.

My words of wisdom is familiarize yourself with your state's lemon laws, as well as the price offers you get from carvana/vroom/etc. I'm at day 24/30, since my state only counts "business days" (which is cow 💩 since the dealer has service open full-day Saturday).

I plan to test-drive the ioniq 5 and ev6. Full heated seats? Ventilated front seats? Heat pump? Faster charging? Don't seem to have plans for OTA updates, other than nav maps? Similar performance to my Permium AWS? Sounds fantastic...
Sounds like they may have tried to do software updates without using the required powersupply to keep the LVB at 13.6 volts during the programming process.

Oh, and Ford Corporate isn't blocking anybody's update to BlueCruise. That statement right there is a complete and utter fabrication.

They're hoping you just don't know any better.

Mike

Last edited:

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Well you got at least one OTA.....the one that you got stuck on!

I know it's not much of a consolation though.... :rolleyes:
So, no, I haven't received any OTA updates... unless you mean the failed attempted update.

So my car has been at the dealership since Wednesday. They are doing a better job of calling each day with an update, but they are saying they got locked out of the VIN and need to reach out to a Ford corporate technician. Has anyone had this happen to them, and do we know what the fix is for this?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
...taking down the firewall? What?!

There is nothing in any TSB that says they have to "take down the firewall". Unless they are referring to their dealership's network firewall that may be keeping their tech's FDRS computer from downloading files he/she requires to do their daily frickin' job! In which case they're muppets.

If you're APIM is stuck and you can't get OTAs the TSB 22-2150 says to remove some of the trim on the left side of the lower console and plug the USB adapter/network adapter in there.

But if their tech is having problems doing this, then they're having problems doing any sort of software updates for any vehicles, cause if they can't get a good connection to the Ford server then there's no use in trying to work on anybody's vehicle. Full stop.

Wow.
I wonder if they mean the Windows firewall since they need to install drivers for the adapter. Which is also a load of crap if they won’t even do that. What a joke.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, no, I haven't received any OTA updates... unless you mean the failed attempted update.

So my car has been at the dealership since Wednesday. They are doing a better job of calling each day with an update, but they are saying they got locked out of the VIN and need to reach out to a Ford corporate technician. Has anyone had this happen to them, and do we know what the fix is for this?
I can't say conclusively (maybe @Gimme_my_MME can chime in here) but I believe I read somewhere that if an update is forced too many times and fails, the module has to get unlocked by higher engineering people, or just replaced outright.

Mike
Sponsored