OTA after reset

Manfredo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach e Premium 4Xe
I recently did a “factory reset” to address something. Not much changed and all was good. Only thing is it won’t tell me what software version I have when I go to the software update screen just that there are no updates available. The last update I got was late March- the Tesla supercharger update. When I go to diagnostics it says I have software version 6.1.23.4. Was that the late March update and should I not worry and assume when there is a new update I will get it?
Sponsored

DugthePug Dad

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That’s the last update I got too…

23 Premium

woody0486

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I was also curious whether preforming a factory reset would potentially clear any errors preventing OTA updates from being applied…

Last update I received was 24-PU0121-FTDI-FX

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I was also curious whether preforming a factory reset would potentially clear any errors preventing OTA updates from being applied…

No , it won't.

Aahhcc11

First Name
Y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Nite Pony
I recently did a “factory reset” to address something. Not much changed and all was good. Only thing is it won’t tell me what software version I have when I go to the software update screen just that there are no updates available. The last update I got was late March- the Tesla supercharger update. When I go to diagnostics it says I have software version 6.1.23.4. Was that the late March update and should I not worry and assume when there is a new update I will get it?
Where are the diagnostics?

OP
OP

Manfredo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Now I remember I had that OTA. At least the first 6 numbers were the same but it def had a 24- at the start. So isn’t 6.1.23.4 a downgrade from before I reset?

OP
OP

Manfredo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Where are the diagnostics?
If you hold the volume down and track left on the right side of your steering while it will come up. Car has to on but not completely on. Start with no brake. I found that randomly on a YouTube thing while researching an unrelated issue.

woody0486

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
From what I understand (note I’m not an expert with OTAs) but the PowerUp updates are not linear. So there is usually no concept of upgrade/downgrades. It’s just software packages that get installed whenever they are ready…

obviously certain major version updates like 6.13 -> 7.0 would be considered upgrades.

OP
OP

Manfredo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
From what I understand (note I’m not an expert with OTAs) but the PowerUp updates are not linear. So there is usually no concept of upgrade/downgrades. It’s just software packages that get installed whenever they are ready…

obviously certain major version updates like 6.13 -> 7.0 would be considered upgrades.
Cool. It’s just that it used to be one of those 24-PU OTAs. I haven’t had the car long so I had never seen a 6.x before. It wouldn’t matter but I liked that supercharger update and wonder if I don’t have it any more. It never listed superchargers on the map but I think I would have been able to pull up to an approved station from my phone and used it since it was on my ford network.

Aahhcc11

First Name
Y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Nite Pony
If you hold the volume down and track left on the right side of your steering while it will come up. Car has to on but not completely on. Start with no brake. I found that randomly on a YouTube thing while researching an unrelated issue.
amazing, thanks. I’m always looking for these types of things. Any other tidbits to share like this?

thanks!

OP
OP

Manfredo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
amazing, thanks. I’m always looking for these types of things. Any other tidbits to share like this?

thanks!
My pleasure. That’s the only trick I’ve learned so far but I’ll share any others when I find them.

Aahhcc11

First Name
Y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Nite Pony
And I have VMCU version 6.1.19.3
That seems to be behind 6.1.23.4

OP
OP

Manfredo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And I have VMCU version 6.1.19.3
That seems to be behind 6.1.23.4
Yeah I know ford distributes the updates weirdly to each car at different times. I was just wondering if I now have an older OS (I know that’s not the proper name) than I had before I reset.
Sponsored