Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Ha, I got 3 in 3 days :p although I haven't accepted 2.7.2 yet (I have auto update turned off).

Now watch as I get stuck on 2.7.2 for the next 3 months.

Oh seems I'm not that special as redrambha is also 3 for 3.
With auto update turned off is the update already downloaded and just waiting to install or does it still need to download after you hit accept?
Sponsored

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
With auto update turned off is the update already downloaded and just waiting to install or does it still need to download after you hit accept?
My understanding is, if it works as Ford intended (BIG if), it'll download and then prompt you to accept the install. Until you do it just sits and waits.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am not exactly sure what it does, but someone was complaining that it may have caused him to have a minor accident!
That was definitely user error. Like that guy who blamed 1PD on him slamming on the accelerator cause he forgot which pedal was which lol

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
Looks to me it doesn't download until after I press accept. It will then say that the update is pending. I did that with 2.6.0 and then 2.7.1 and both behaved the same way. I held off on 2.7.2 since it affects the brake pedal feel and my SO is driving the car today.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks to me it doesn't download until after I press accept. It will then say that the update is pending. I did that with 2.6.0 and then 2.7.1 and both behaved the same way. I held off on 2.7.2 since it affects the brake pedal feel and my SO is driving the car today.
Did 2.6.0 install after you hit accept or did you have to turn car off and on again?

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did 2.6.0 install after you hit accept or did you have to turn car off and on again?
Didn't have to cycle power on the car. I pressed accept on the screen, turned off the car, and a little while later FP says update completed.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Didn't have to cycle power on the car. I pressed accept on the screen, turned off the car, and a little while later FP says update completed.
Ah ok just wondering if it installs while the car is on, but sounds like No

SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
@Logal727
On my car, when I shut off the car, it drops the connection to my home WiFi. So I guess OTA data transfer only happens in the wild. ??

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Logal727
On my car, when I shut off the car, it drops the connection to my home WiFi. So I guess OTA data transfer only happens in the wild. ??
Yeah Iā€™m gonna make sure Iā€™m in a good cell area, Iā€™ve never had to do much for previous OTA but I really want this one to get started

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Logal727
I'm not sure that's true, but really can't say for certain. I just accepted 2.7.2 and shutoff the car in my garage, and it downloaded about 16MB of stuff over wifi. 2.7.1 only downloaded about 1.5MB.

1.7.1 was huge, IIRC it downloaded almost 5GB of stuff. My car was in the stuck state with 1.7.1 for 2-3 months and it somehow fixed itself OTA.

MME traffic.jpg

SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
I'm not sure that's true, but really can't say for certain. I just accepted 2.7.2 and shutoff the car in my garage, and it downloaded about 16MB of stuff over wifi. 2.7.1 only downloaded about 1.5MB.

1.7.1 was huge, IIRC it downloaded almost 5GB of stuff. My car was in the stuck state with 1.7.1 for 2-3 months and it somehow fixed itself OTA.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OTA Powerup Software 2.6.0. First update in a while. MME traffic
I don't doubt you. I only know how my MME is working. Everytime I check my network it shows the MME off line. I was a "stuckee" and my upgrade to 2.1.0 after my dealer visit occurred away from my network. I have fiddled with update schedule, automatic update, etc. and so far no joy.