Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I am having the same issue with BC and the expired date for my 9/22 production. I have been dealing with OTA support for 2
Months and today they try and tell me that the hands free blue cruise is part of the park assist prep kit and will never work until that's module is available.
Talk about a bull &hit excuse!
What phone number are you calling? The number I was given to call is 833-389-0848. If it's different than the number you have, maybe give it a shot?

It could be just got lucky, but the first person I spoke to seemed to know exactly what was going on, and though it took longer than it should, I did get the BlueCruise update within the timeline that she gave me.
Sponsored

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Unfortunately it is not policy for dealers to apply any updates on delivery, except when noted by Ford. The expired BlueCruise maps is inexcusable by Ford, but the dealers don’t know enough to check on that yet.
Agreed, though shouldn't it be part of the process with the Mach-E / Lightning and future "software-focused" cars to ensure they are up-to-date? I think so.

Per that Wiki there are 5 in general release, one in early access testing. The others are updates that some might get, others might not. None of those 6 updates will be skipped as most address different modules.
Hmmm. Are you excluding the unnumbered updates? I was including those as well. The remaining updates I see:
  1. 3.5.4.2
  2. Customer Satisfaction Program 21B36
  3. 3.6.1
  4. 3.6.2
  5. 4.1.1
  6. 22-PU1212-SWS-ECGMP [Just noticed this is just for EU cars, so scratch it from the list]
  7. 4.1.2
  8. 4.1.3
I must have miscounted previously. That's still 7 updates, or six if 4.1.3 is not yet in general release.

In any case, like several others reported ITT, I received 3.6.1 today. Any idea why they skipped 3.5.4.2 and the unnumbered 21B36? Those two updates are for the TCU / RFA respectively, and I don't see any of the subsequent updates covering those modules.

Linzi_Loo_Who

First Name
Linzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
What phone number are you calling? The number I was given to call is 833-389-0848. If it's different than the number you have, maybe give it a shot?

It could be just got lucky, but the first person I spoke to seemed to know exactly what was going on, and though it took longer than it should, I did get the BlueCruise update within the timeline that she gave me.
I have talked to so many people over there. And then I got a case worker and was only dealing with her and the dealership.
Before Christmas they had put in a request to force the upgrade. Then after Christmas I was told I needed to take it to the dealership for them to do it. The dealership wouldn’t do it so the case worker called me back and said my car is no equipped for it because the 22 don’t have park assist.
I am also missing alexa, which I can’t imagine has anything to do with park assist
If you plan a trip on FordPass and send it to the vehicle, can you access it? Mine doesn’t send the the vehicle, which also is an issue.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Agreed, though shouldn't it be part of the process with the Mach-E / Lightning and future "software-focused" cars to ensure they are up-to-date? I think so.
Oh I 100% agree. Ford just has to pay dealers for their time. Right now the dealers would have to eat the cost and some of these updates can take hours.

Are you excluding the unnumbered updates?
ya I was just talking about the numbered updates that are in general release. The un-numbered updates don’t necessarily go to everyone.

I got 3.6.1 too last night and also skipped over 3.5.4.2. I wonder if that will come later, or maybe our cars already have that software.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Ugh. I really really hope Ford is rolling updates together (and not mentioning the lower updates in the 'heres what changed log') and not sending out individual updates all over. That's just asking for problems as the 'must have x and x and x in order to get x update' causes so much config drift a Dealer will stop wanting to touch it at all. I could see blocking updates in order to resolve missing modules or module updates but yikes!
I'm still stuck on 3.5.3.3 but have some old door module code. That might actually be hanging mine up, along with what looked like someone clicked cancel when prompted to install it 2 months ago.

Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
I’m EA. Stuck at 3.5.4.2 since October. Spoke with Ford OTA customer service. Checking the vin she states there was a failed OTA sent to my car in Nov (for which I never received a notification). She also said I would need to take the car to the dealership service department. I explained to her last week the car was in and they performed all of the module updates listed for my car.

My second time being stuck, last year was stuck on OTA 1.7 for about 7 months.