Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD X
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hey everyone. This is long but I really hope you take the time to read for awareness. I’ve been having issues for the past month and today is a bit of a nightmare so I figured I’d vent here.

I have two mach-e’s. A red first edition (Apollo) and a white premium 4x (Boo). We got Apollo in February and Boo in March.

Todays nightmare: we live in the greater Seattle area and my husband took Apollo to Stevens Pass which is like the middle of nowhere in the mountains where it’s currently snowing for photos with his car group. When he tried starting the car to come home, we got the “Please pullover safely” message. Car would not shift gears. Neither a jump start, disconnecting the 12v battery, or letting the car sit fixed the issue. This all happened around noon. After trying everything he used Ford 24/7 roadside assist to get help. We would need a flatbed to get the car to a dealer. Ford quoted 3 hours for a tow to arrive. They were also demanding $500 which turned into $700 because it’s so remote even though it would be brought to the closest dealer which would be where we bought it anyways. The car eventually loses all auxiliary power but a Tow truck finally arrives. However, ford apparently cancelled the tow because it took too long and the tow truck refuses to tow the car and leaves because we can’t get it figured out with ford within five minutes (tow guy was a jerk). Now ford is trying to find another tow but it could take hours. It’s now night, freezing, frozen, no power, no heat, and hours from civilization. Luckily his friends car is there. At the time of typing, this is all happening real time. This is incredibly frustrating and at this point, it’s becoming a safety concern given the conditions. It’s proven to me that even after 15k miles on the car, these Mach-es can’t be trusted and it’s incredibly frustrating. We put our faith into these cars as both Mach es are our only cars now.

The other nightmare that has been going on since November 9th. My mache (Boo) was having ratteling issues in the front wheel wells. I scheduled to have it repaired to my local dealer. I simultaneously scheduled additional repairs for two windows replacements because the rear quarter panel window and rear driver window were damaged during delivery in March and the replacement JUST ARRIVED IN NOVEMBER. So I figured I’d have those repaired all at the same time. Dealer also suggest having the recalls taken care of. Sure that makes sense. Well it took a week but the barrings and windows were replaced. My dealer contracts out windshield replacement out to a local body show so the windshield and call roof recall will be done there. I have secure alerts turned on so I can see when the cars being worked on. The car sits at the body shop for two weeks without being touched. Finally, I see they start working on it. My dealer calls me a few hours later and lets me know they shattered the windshield and need to order a new one. Jesus okay so that’s an extra week. Windshield arrives and the body shop won’t get to install it for another week. I ask if the roof was successfully reinstalled and they have no idea. This upcoming week will be 30 days and I’m seriously considering lemon lawing this car. Only problem is there aren’t many other electric suvs that interest me with this size.

So here we are. Purchased two maches and neither are functioning and one is currently on its way to a dealer if we can find a tow truck.

Side story: both our cars weren’t part of the original recall. Apollo had its windshield cracked so we went through our insurance and got it replaced at safelite. However when they took off the old windshield they realized it wasn’t originally installed correctly and refused to install a new one for a few days. The dealer refused to help because we didn’t go to them for a windshield replacement but we just wanted assistance getting it installed or something but they refused. I reached out to corporate and told them that the recall should be extended. They said they would get back to me the next day but never did. Two weeks later the recall was extended to more cars. Satellite found someone capable of installed and resealing the windshield.

Anyways I am getting really tired of the issues with these cars. We spend nearly 140k on these and it’s been problem after problem met with barely any help. I was so excited when I ordered these cars in 2019 and that excitement fades with every issues. I have been coming to this forum nearly every day since the cars announcement and have been such a big fan. It’s so crushing to be facing such disappointments.

Thanks for reading and I truly hope you have better experiences with your cars.

Sorry for any typos and weird sentences. Typed this in my phone :)

-Nick
Sponsored

Last edited:

OrangeWhipX3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AWD ER
Country flag
As to the tow… that’s why I never use a third party. Always choose your own service. A lot easier to deal with someone when you’re both familiar with the area then someone sitting in a call center somewhere.

I wouldn’t hesitate for a minute to lemon law Boo. If it’s eligible in your state, by all means, do it.

DrSteveBrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
I wouldn’t hesitate for a minute to lemon law Boo. If it’s eligible in your state, by all means, do it.
I agree.

My experience with EVs (have owned 3) has convinced me that I wouldn't switch to an all-EV household. I really don't want this to sound like a "blame the victim" response. I think you should expect better service than you've gotten, even in the first model year. What stinks is that EVs should be simpler and more reliable than ICE vehicles, but current manufacturers (and their dealer/service networks) are not able to deliver on that promise.

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
What a nightmare. Hiccups are bound to happen with first year releases. I was thinking of going all EV as well. I still might in a few years. We'll probably keep one ice for now. but just hoping Ford has it sorted out for model yr 2022 for our first.

elbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e awd x
Country flag
Just had the exact same issue happen to me(the flood of error codes)...towed off to the dealership...did you by any chance just recieve the 1.4.0 update a day prior?

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Wow, sounds like a horrible day. Hopefully everyone is back home safe and sound. Lemon law sounds possible for Boo. If you look at alternatives. Kia and Hyundai should be out really soon; but can't compete with the look of the Mach E. Good Luck!!!

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
You were a brave soul to be such an early adopter of a first run vehicle. Do what is best for you. Lemon Laws are there for a reason like yours. You may want to look into AAA premium for towing, the limit is 200 miles I think, but Ford should have come through. The newer builds seem to have resolved a majority of the issues.

Last edited:

22MACHE

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Hey everyone. This is long but I really hope you take the time to read for awareness. I’ve been having issues for the past month and today is a bit of a nightmare so I figured I’d vent here.

I have two mach-e’s. A red first edition (Apollo) and a white premium 4x (Boo). We got Apollo in February and Boo in March.

Todays nightmare: we live in the greater Seattle area and my husband took Apollo to Stevens Pass which is like the middle of nowhere in the mountains where it’s currently snowing for photos with his car group. When he tried starting the car to come home, we got the “Please pullover safely” message. Car would not shift gears. Neither a jump start, disconnecting the 12v battery, or letting the car sit fixed the issue. This all happened around noon. After trying everything he used Ford 24/7 roadside assist to get help. We would need a flatbed to get the car to a dealer. Ford quoted 3 hours for a tow to arrive. They were also demanding $500 which turned into $700 because it’s so remote even though it would be brought to the closest dealer which would be where we bought it anyways. The car eventually loses all auxiliary power but a Tow truck finally arrives. However, ford apparently cancelled the tow because it took too long and the tow truck refuses to tow the car and leaves because we can’t get it figured out with ford within five minutes (tow guy was a jerk). Now ford is trying to find another tow but it could take hours. It’s now night, freezing, frozen, no power, no heat, and hours from civilization. Luckily his friends car is there. At the time of typing, this is all happening real time. This is incredibly frustrating and at this point, it’s becoming a safety concern given the conditions. It’s proven to me that even after 15k miles on the car, these Mach-es can’t be trusted and it’s incredibly frustrating. We put our faith into these cars as both Mach es are our only cars now.

The other nightmare that has been going on since November 9th. My mache (Boo) was having ratteling issues in the front wheel wells. I scheduled to have it repaired to my local dealer. I simultaneously scheduled additional repairs for two windows replacements because the rear quarter panel window and rear driver window were damaged during delivery in March and the replacement JUST ARRIVED IN NOVEMBER. So I figured I’d have those repaired all at the same time. Dealer also suggest having the recalls taken care of. Sure that makes sense. Well it took a week but the barrings and windows were replaced. My dealer contracts out windshield replacement out to a local body show so the windshield and call roof recall will be done there. I have secure alerts turned on so I can see when the cars being worked on. The car sits at the body shop for two weeks without being touched. Finally, I see they start working on it. My dealer calls me a few hours later and lets me know they shattered the windshield and need to order a new one. Jesus okay so that’s an extra week. Windshield arrives and the body shop won’t get to install it for another week. I ask if the roof was successfully reinstalled and they have no idea. This upcoming week will be 30 days and I’m seriously considering lemon lawing this car. Only problem is there aren’t many other electric suvs that interest me with this size.

So here we are. Purchased two maches and neither are functioning and one is currently on its way to a dealer if we can find a tow truck.

Side story: both our cars weren’t part of the original recall. Apollo had its windshield cracked so we went through our insurance and got it replaced at safelite. However when they took off the old windshield they realized it wasn’t originally installed correctly and refused to install a new one for a few days. The dealer refused to help because we didn’t go to them for a windshield replacement but we just wanted assistance getting it installed or something but they refused. I reached out to corporate and told them that the recall should be extended. They said they would get back to me the next day but never did. Two weeks later the recall was extended to more cars. Satellite found someone capable of installed and resealing the windshield.

Anyways I am getting really tired of the issues with these cars. We spend nearly 140k on these and it’s been problem after problem met with barely any help. I was so excited when I ordered these cars in 2019 and that excitement fades with every issues. I have been coming to this forum nearly every day since the cars announcement and have been such a big fan. It’s so crushing to be facing such disappointments.

Thanks for reading and I truly hope you have better experiences with your cars.

Sorry for any typos and weird sentences. Typed this in my phone :)

-Nick
So terribly sorry for your troubles with your NEW vehicles. That must be totally frustrating. I hope it all gets worked out for you and Apollo and Boo end up being ok. Absolutely love the names!

Thunderbirdsoundsbetter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME P ER
Country flag
Ouch. You got burned twice.

Dealers are no help either most of the time. It’s always the same answers “we’ll find out by calling the 1800 number”, “it’s a new vehicle so it comes with a learning curve” , “we’re too busy we’ll take a look at it a month from now” then back to the first answer.

If I were you, I would place an order with Tesla, when they arrive i would dump both asap. I say Tesla because all the other options currently, well suck. There’s only one comparable model to the mme and it’s the model y.

Good luck.

fmtexmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I'm sorry you're having these problems. It sucks and I would hate for this to happen to me.

I'm no lemon law expert, but would you be able to lemon law Boo? I realize they've had it 30 days, but as you mentioned, they didn't even do anything with the car for two weeks. I'm not sure the shop being too busy to start working on it would count toward lemon law repair time limits. Also, the problems with Boo seem to be shop related, not car related. Boo seems to be the more reliable of the two. Apollo stranded you in the middle of nowhere. If I were going to get rid of one of them, I would want to get rid of Apollo and keep Boo (once the current situation is resolved)

OP
OP
Theamurican

Theamurican

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD X
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just had the exact same issue happen to me(the flood of error codes)...towed off to the dealership...did you by any chance just recieve the 1.4.0 update a day prior?
Both cars are currently on the 1.7.1
Sponsored