Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
So, having had our MME since Valentine's Day (FEB 2021)... we have been one of the few who have had little to no issues with PAAK. That all changed over the last week. Not sure if FORD, like Apple, pushes firmware or software without owner's consent.. but...

Our PAAK is now BRICK (No Key detected)for: Push Button open , or Start Button

Neither phone is recognized by the car. And while the car says No Key Detected.. we are forced to use our APP or Door Code to unlock the car and our backup password to Start.

Seriously, we have been very conservative and happy with the car.. but to suddenly not be able to use the '1' Item they preach... I shake my head.

I know "Stuff Happens".. and it always happens to us... but this is the one time I did NOT intentionally anger the Power-that-BE or 'Murphy'...

UGGH
Sponsored

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Did you just update your app on you phone? Do you used iPhones or Androids? You still have your key fob right? And the passcode backup?

the term brick really means to me that you can’t drive your car (it’s now just a brick). So, the title is a bit confusing.

OP
OP
Blanked

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you just update your app on you phone? Do you used iPhones or Androids? You still have your key fob right? And the passcode backup?

the term brick really means to me that you can’t drive your car (it’s now just a brick). So, the title is a bit confusing.
PAAK is now BRICK... the car has not become the BRICK... we use Iphones

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
While I'm sure you have already tried this, but if not, try restarting the phone (s). Not sure why, but it seems after long periods of connection between the phone and car that there connection stops working as well until after a phone reset.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
My Wife’s PAAK became a brick after a Fordpass upgrade. We decided that we could live without it and obtained another Fob from Ford at their expense!

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Pull your negative battery cable for a few minutes. Resetting the RFA that way seems to resolve issues sometimes.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My Paak is out too, no longer have any options either on FordPass or MME to set up Paak. Paak has just totally disappeared.

I reset everything, tried a master reset, did the 12V cold boot, all OTA worked okay, latest version Ford Pass, all modules updated by Ford service FDRS software by new dealer including 12V TSB, and Paak 21B36. 12V cold boot (battery cable after all updates).

FordPass help says the problem is my MME Paak entry on their side (all other FordPass features work fine, including my blue oval charging balance), I am told that Paak is a different feature/entry on the Ford servers.

Ford is working my problem, not worried at all. fob is fine for now. MME works perfectly otherwise, I continue to be a happy camper!

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Same happened to me, FOB comes in handy. Check if the car's Bluetooth connectivity is still enabled - it may say it is on but it may not be broadcasting. OTA PowerUp 1.6.0 disabled connectivity in my car even though it said it was still on. You have to turn Connectivity off then back on from the vehicle control screen, then remove the PaaK from inside the car, then from your phone, and then re-pair the phone and re-enable PaaK. I have detailed this in other threads.

OP
OP
Blanked

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You try opening a passenger door first?

try setting the phone down in the center console prior to start up?
all the above and everything we could think of.. again, we were one of the lucky ones since our purchase.. this was almost an overnight change

OP
OP
Blanked

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
While I'm sure you have already tried this, but if not, try restarting the phone (s). Not sure why, but it seems after long periods of connection between the phone and car that there connection stops working as well until after a phone reset.
yeah, the only thing I have not done is pull the 12v...

OP
OP
Blanked

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Pull your negative battery cable for a few minutes. Resetting the RFA that way seems to resolve issues sometimes.
This will be my next attempt... have to wait until the tropical rains pull away. Sucks