RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Sometime in the last few weeks I have noticed that my PAAK has been working like it is advertised to work. It has been almost flawless, and I have even been able to leave my phone in my pocket and drive away a few times if I forget to put it on the console. This maybe should not be newsworthy, but I would get hopeful after every Android app update and PowerUp over the last year that maybe this would be the update that fixed it. Recently I think they did it, and I am not sure what part got it over the hump but I absolutely love it. Now I am not as nervous that I am going to be showing off my car to friends or family and be met with the "No Key Detected" warning instead of starting.

I'm sure as a punishment for posting this bluetooth is going to turn my phone into a space heater tomorrow, and I will type my passcode once a day for the next month, but I thought it would be nice to send the software folks at Ford (or their outsource contractors???) a gold star for their effort.
Sponsored

iNeedANameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD
Country flag
Mine has been flawless for me. Iā€™ve taken several hundred mile road trips as well as daily it with no fob. The fob hasnā€™t left my key rack in months other than for a update at a dealership that they required the fob for. Other than that PaaK has been my only means of driving the car. Itā€™s been wonderful.

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Iā€™ve only had my car for a week, so small sample size. I havenā€™t had any real problems except once or twice Iā€˜ve had to hit the unlock or lock key twice. Iā€™m happy with it so far!

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
It's almost like I posted that the RFA update back in October was going to fix PaaK for most people. Now that they are getting 21P22 it's just a miracle isn't it? ?

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I have a Job 1 car where it was 50/50. Had the dealer do 21P22, and it's almost flawless now.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
PaaK has been nearly flawless for me. The only times I was not able to jimmy-rig my phone by restarting it or toggling BT were when the FP agent told me to delete my PaaK (after I repeatedly told him I did not have the physical key) and once in my driveway. ?ā€ā™‚?

That said, I still walk around with a key in my bag. Itā€™s wrapped in metal to prevent RF connection. ??

OP
OP
RVAtom

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It's almost like I posted that the RFA update back in October was going to fix PaaK for most people. Now that they are getting 21P22 it's just a miracle isn't it? ?
It is weird, I got 21P22 and was really hoping that would do the trick for me, but it didn't seem meaningfully better until I got the 2.3.1 update I think.

Also, even when it was 50/50 for me, I feel like it would work great for a couple weeks sometimes and then fall apart again. Glad it seems to be for real now!

OnceYouGo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD, Job 1
Country flag
It is weird, I got 21P22 and was really hoping that would do the trick for me, but it didn't seem meaningfully better until I got the 2.3.1 update I think.

Also, even when it was 50/50 for me, I feel like it would work great for a couple weeks sometimes and then fall apart again. Glad it seems to be for real now!
I got the 21P22 update and my phone still wasn't any good but I've noticed the same thing that about 2 weeks ago it just started working as well.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Job 1 here will all updates applied. Ford Corp has arranged for a second fob to be given to me as PaaK is not reliable. I'm very happy with their response and focus to make the situation right. PaaK is better now nine months later but still not anywhere near flawless.

A fob is in a faraday bag hidden so I don't get stranded. Backup start code still has issues appearing. Key not detected appears every couple days and kick to open not very reliable with PaaK. PaaK has gotten better and hopefully by 2023 its near perfect.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

I'm not trying to downplay the work that the FP team has done. They have made improvements. But there's a lot of factors to consider when we talk about PaaK including the OS, bluetooth firmware and more.

I think another HUGE component of PaaK is patience. There's people here who either just want something to complain about or think that if tech doesn't work perfectly it's garbage. Most of the PaaK problems that I've seen people having are actually resolved by a phone restart and it's more on the OS than FP.

I've poured a lot of time and effort into PaaK and I'm glad to see it's no longer the most prolific and hated subject here.

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Mine works great except the kick to open feature. I turned it back on a few days ago but it doesn't work when I walk up to the car unless I am carrying my Fob. Which I am not carrying any more.

That said, I still walk around with a key in my bag.
I am sure you mean your man bag. Or is it a European Carry All? ?

I even stopped hiding my Fob in my car.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
It depends on what youā€™re talking about. Opening the doors, or starting the car.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I'm not sure if this is anyone else's experience, but for me it works very well almost every time, but it's slow..
I have to walk up to my car and push the button , then wait 15 seconds the push again and it opens.

Very consistent, works every time, but slow. Is it like this for anyone else?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I'm not sure if this is anyone else's experience, but for me it works very well almost every time, but it's slow..
I have to walk up to my car and push the button , then wait 15 seconds the push again and it opens.

Very consistent, works every time, but slow. Is it like this for anyone else?
Oh there's so many jokes you set me up for and half of them are inappropriate so I'll just answer your question...

I don't have any issue with how fast it responds although in my testing this was the response when I hid the persistent notification and had battery restrictions in place.
Sponsored