PAAK issues

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
PAAK works great. Until it doesn’t. It’s better than it was three years ago. But it isn’t nearly as reliable as the fob, and never will be. I put up with the mediocrity because I don’t like carrying keys. Your mileage may vary. That about sums it up.
Sponsored

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
PAAK works great. Until it doesn’t. It’s better than it was three years ago. But it isn’t nearly as reliable as the fob, and never will be. I put up with the mediocrity because I don’t like carrying keys. Your mileage may vary. That about sums it up.
PAAK was really good for me for 2 years up until a few weeks ago. I think it was actually an apple update that broke it. I did the latest a few days ago hoping they fixed what was broke but it didn’t. If I reboot my phone it works for only for a little while.

Xweb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium eAWD
Country flag
I also had PAAK issues yesterday, 3/23/24. Restarting Bluetooth on my Android phone fixed it but it was the first time PAAK failed in quite some time.

CTZ

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
My failed today for some reason. I was going to wipe the phone from PAAK but a phone restart solved the issue quickly. Good thing there's a manual door code and start password just in case.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
PAAK is like a beautiful woman. Sometimes it’s great. Sometimes it goes a little crazy. And you’ve gotta decide if it’s worth putting up with.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
It's March Madness for PaaK. Mine's been asking up this month too. But as of this past weekend it's finally stabilized again. Also, the car lost my backup passcode and I set it up again then it lost it again and I set it up yet again and it now seems to be sticking. I'm on Android 14 beta, FP5 beta, 6.14.0 Powerup.

I also discovered over the weekend that my MME wifi wasn't listing any networks. The list of wifi networks was just empty. I disabled and re-enabled wifi and it would just never list the networks. I ended up disconnecting the MME 12V battery for 1 minute and after the car came back up, wifi works again.

It's unclear to me if the 12V reset was specifically related to improved PaaK function...but it didn't hurt.

Just sharing in case it helps anyone.
Sponsored