Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rapid Red MME GT (Non-PE), '16 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
so not too happy about this...

1634067190267.png

its always had a date on it and now for some reason doesnt... so I called the dealer.

anyone able to decipher what I was told? I was told its at ramp 5J in EM?.. also gave me some random number.. 701797?
I'm pretty sure EM is in Mexico.

*edit

That exact ramp is where my car was on 9/27, and it arrived to Kansas City on 10/8.

*another edit

My car had a ship date of 9/21, 6 days before being located on that ramp.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag

1634067190267.png

its always had a date on it and now for some reason doesnt... so I called the dealer.

anyone able to decipher what I was told? I was told its at ramp 5J in EM?.. also gave me some random number.. 701797?
Mine shows the same TBD, but down lower where it shows the VIN, it has the same date

mac123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT, 05Lexus GX470, Model Y,R1S (order)
Country flag
I can get BNSF updates with the railcar number by calling:

800-235-2352 and at the prompts doing:
Press 1
Say BNSF
Say Rail car number, in my case 314344
Say Done
Listen to status update
Lucky you! That's the CSX number I've been calling, and they have an old status for me, which says released by the customer at El Mirage Arizona on nov 9th. My car number is BSNF 301133. Looks like CSX has no visibility to the train that's carrying my car

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Lucky you! That's the CSX number I've been calling, and they have an old status for me, which says released by the customer at El Mirage Arizona on nov 9th. My car number is BSNF 301133. Looks like CSX has no visibility to the train that's carrying my car
lol not so lucky because mine went into a black hole with no updates since the 8th. I just saw you'd said BNSF and thought I'd relay that. Didn't know you already had the stale info

mac123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

1634067190267.png

Have the dealer send you a screen shot of the vehicle Visibility report. That should have a railcar number, which you can then use to call the CSX customer service number to track.

mac123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

1634067190267.png

Use this tool to track https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/details It looks like the ford software engineers broke the UX on shop.ford.com I see TBD on dealer delivery screen too.

OP
OP
jdunc87

jdunc87

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT PE, 20 Mustang GT 401A PP1, 21 F150
Occupation
make stuff go faster
Country flag
Have the dealer send you a screen shot of the vehicle Visibility report. That should have a railcar number, which you can then use to call the CSX customer service number to track.
i think that is the 701797 number...

OP
OP
jdunc87

jdunc87

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
make stuff go faster
Country flag
You need a 4 letter prefix too. Mine is BNSF. Others have TTGX.
They were quite busy, they've got a major event going on. I guess for now I will deal with that info. He seemed pretty sure of it showing up on the 22nd as it states. 10 days from today.

mac123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Pallsapp info 1634070853667

Here's the latest on my car. Arrived at Barstow CA this morning at 3 AM. I hope its not stuck here for days before its shipped up north to the bay area.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
So my car -- after being held for 5 days in Wellington, KS and then having the train take another siesta for about 12 hours in Clovis, NM -- has been on the move for almost 24 hours and has made progress to somewhere in Arizona. Unfortunately, the text to speech computer voice that speaks the actual location on the phone is so bad at the name that I can't figure out what town it is saying. Nothing close matches in Google Maps.

Oh well in any case looks definite to get to Richmond by Friday -- even if the train takes another break before getting out here.

@mac123 its interesting that your end dates is after mine yet your train is clearly about a day or so ahead. Seems normal sometimes for these trains to stop for a little bit, either to take on (or detach) other cars, or because the engines need to be checked or for refueling (I've done a little Googling since my kid was asking questions about how they refuel these, and whether the engineers have a bed to sleep in the engine, etc!). So I'm sure your train will continue on from Barstow soon!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Pallsapp info 1634070853667

Here's the latest on my car. Arrived at Barstow CA this morning at 3 AM. I hope its not stuck here for days before its shipped up north to the bay area.
If it spends too long in Barstow, it might get loaded with meth

OP
OP
jdunc87

jdunc87

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
make stuff go faster
Country flag
So my car -- after being held for 5 days in Wellington, KS and then having the train take another siesta for about 12 hours in Clovis, NM -- has been on the move for almost 24 hours and has made progress to somewhere in Arizona. Unfortunately, the text to speech computer voice that speaks the actual location on the phone is so bad at the name that I can't figure out what town it is saying. Nothing close matches in Google Maps.

Oh well in any case looks definite to get to Richmond by Friday -- even if the train takes another break before getting out here.

@mac123 its interesting that your end dates is after mine yet your train is clearly about a day or so ahead. Seems normal sometimes for these trains to stop for a little bit, either to take on (or detach) other cars, or because the engines need to be checked or for refueling (I've done a little Googling since my kid was asking questions about how they refuel these, and whether the engineers have a bed to sleep in the engine, etc!). So I'm sure your train will continue on from Barstow soon!

i just realized your profile pic and it 100 percent cracked me up. Glad we can find humor in all of this

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
i just realized your profile pic and it 100 percent cracked me up. Glad we can find humor in all of this
My railcar is also cyber orange!

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If it spends too long in Barstow, it might get loaded with meth
As long as the train engineers don't sample the stash.... Cars or any other cargo
Sponsored