DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Test drove and inspected my delivered vehicle today. Sad to say the panoramic roof on passenger side is more than a quarter inch higher than windshield, yet flush on driver side. Moderate wind noise at 55mph, excessive noise at 70mph.

Everything else was good. Service department said they are reporting it to Ford. Should I take delivery? Very concerned.

PXL_20210324_230108570.jpg

PXL_20210324_213607629.jpg

PXL_20210324_213624979.jpg

PXL_20210324_230116135.jpg

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I am thinking to fix that they will have to replace the windshield. I would get that in writing before I accept delivery. IF you refuse your wait was for nothing and they will just sell to someone else who will not notice. With all the previous questions about windshield/pano roof gap this is probably on Ford's hot list. ME thinks this should have been caught in QA at factory and re-done.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
On the + side your driver side alignment is a lot better than mine. Mine looks like your left side all the way across, looks like ford is going to have to reseat/install a few windshields. Easier than reinstalling the roof I would imagine (to correct the step-up.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Panoramic roof - Windshield misaligned! Untitled

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Are people getting these fixed? Mine is slightly misaligned (not nearly as bad as this) and I had read on here earlier that Ford had said to the service shops not to try to fix it.

OP
OP
DaveQ

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are people getting these fixed? Mine is slightly misaligned (not nearly as bad as this) and I had read on here earlier that Ford had said to the service shops not to try to fix it.
Not sure the status of this issue. Need to know that Ford will fix this in a timely manner. Thinking about abandoning order if I don't get some type of written guarantee. Again, where is the QC at the factory?

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Test drove and inspected my delivered vehicle today. Sad to say the panoramic roof on passenger side is more than a quarter inch higher than windshield, yet flush on driver side. Moderate wind noise at 55mph, excessive noise at 70mph.

Everything else was good. Service department said they are reporting it to Ford. Should I take delivery? Very concerned.

PXL_20210324_230108570.jpg

PXL_20210324_213607629.jpg

PXL_20210324_213624979.jpg

PXL_20210324_230116135.jpg
There is another lengthy thread about this very issue:
(1) Roof Wind Noise *Fixed* | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum - MachEforum.com

This, I believe, is positive proof that the roof should NOT protrude above the windshield - and any that do are DEFECTIVE. Take a look at that thread and you'll see many mentions of the noise problem and a few about the pano roof cracking because (being raised) it is susceptible to damage by small rock hits, etc.

I'm going to post your photos (thanks!) on that that thread and reference this one as well.

Personally, I would not take delivery. If Ford can't get the roof to align at the point of manufacture, I wouldn't have much faith in a Dealer (who's never worked on this brand new design) being able to 'fix' it. I think this warrants a recall.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
There is another lengthy thread about this very issue:
(1) Roof Wind Noise *Fixed* | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum - MachEforum.com

This, I believe, is positive proof that the roof should NOT protrude above the windshield - and any that do are DEFECTIVE. Take a look at that thread and you'll see many mentions of the noise problem and a few about the pano roof cracking because (being raised) it is susceptible to damage by small rock hits, etc.

I'm going to post your photos (thanks!) on that that thread and reference this one as well.

Personally, I would not take delivery. If Ford can't get the roof to align at the point of manufacture, I wouldn't have much faith in a Dealer (who's never worked on this brand new design) being able to 'fix' it. I think this warrants a recall.
This is incorrect.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I dunno. I’ve never taken delivery of a “perfect” vehicle. And I’ve owned Fords, Audis, Infinitis, and an awful Honda.

OP
OP
DaveQ

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Build date was 02/15/21

OP
OP
DaveQ

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: Ford dealer would not contract my car today due to this problem. They have calls into Ford trying to figure out what to do. Dealer looking for replacement around the southeast or may have to reorder, bummer. Good dealer looking out for me!

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
Update: Ford dealer would not contract my car today due to this problem. They have calls into Ford trying to figure out what to do. Dealer looking for replacement around the southeast or may have to reorder, bummer. Good dealer looking out for me!
Anything new to report? Did your dealer or Dearborn finally get you a resolution?
Sponsored