Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE, Impala, Santa Fe
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I haven't had a tire puncture in like 10 years. 4 months with my mach E and I just had my 3rd puncture. Unfortunately this one was at the edge of the tread. Anyone else? Am I just unlucky?
Sponsored

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I think it is the lbs per square inch force. Both of our Mach Es got one flat each. I had a nail on a tire once in my life and I was able to leave the car for half a day before driving it to a shop in the afternoon. For Mach E, I did not have a chance.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I got a similar puncture (shoulder of the tire) in my Fusion Energi a month into ownership. I hadn’t had a puncture in almost two decades prior. Got a couple more in the next couple of years. 7 years later, I got a screw in one of my MME’s tires a couple of months into ownership. I haven’t had another so far. So far? My MME has been mess prone to punctures. That doesn’t man anything really. I have just been lucky enough to not hit any debris since that first one. 🤷‍♂️🐩

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Nails don't discriminate, every tire is fine for them. From the pure probabilities, the narrower the tire the less likely to get punctured, so MME has a slight advantage with its 225mm tire.

Dad Bod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GTPE, 2016 Lexus CT200h
Country flag
Same here. 8 months in, I've had 1 tire repair and one replacement because it happened outside of the repairable area.

RedHookEnzo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pending 2023 California Route 1
Country flag
We put Pirelli Scorpions on our RX450h F Sport which is of similar behemoth weight and they’ve performed really well. No punctures and pretty good/even wear.

I had horrible luck with continentals back in the day with a few e46 BMW’s. Constant sidewall bubbles. I avoid them to this day

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

JoeyD

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium 4X
Occupation
School Bus Driver
Country flag
We put Pirelli Scorpions on our RX450h F Sport which is of similar behemoth weight and they’ve performed really well. No punctures and pretty good/even wear.

I had horrible luck with continentals back in the day with a few e46 BMW’s. Constant sidewall bubbles. I avoid them to this day
We also put Pirelli Scorpion's (Scorpion Zero All Season Plus) tires on our '21 Premium. Just a bit over 30K miles and so for have been flawless. They have at least another 15K miles left on them if not more.

TowPro

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150, 23 MME
Country flag
here is an "off the wall" idea (its true in FL at least). between the dot.gone days and around 2007 there was a real estate boom, many new homes were built. Now those homes are between 15 and 25+ years old and getting new roofs. In my little village (in Central FL) 45out of 50 homes have had roof's done on last 2 years. the roofers haul the old shingles in these dumpster looking trailer with stuff flying off the sides into the roadway.

(we will not go into the discussion on how my neighbors are getting the insurance company to pay for that old roof, crying "storm damage", but pretty soon nobody will be insuring homes (or cars) in FL I am fear)

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
I haven't had a tire puncture in like 10 years. 4 months with my mach E and I just had my 3rd puncture. Unfortunately this one was at the edge of the tread. Anyone else? Am I just unlucky?
i had two with a week of each other last summer, one while on a road trip. Not great.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
We've noticed the same thing. Two replaced and one patched tire on our 2021 Premium due to nails picked up. Can't remember ever having this previously. Ford's tirecare program took care of the most recent tire replacement which was just a week ago.

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
We've noticed the same thing. Two replaced and one patched tire on our 2021 Premium due to nails picked up. Can't remember ever having this previously. Ford's tirecare program took care of the most recent tire replacement which was just a week ago.
Where do I find out info about Ford's tire care program? I never seem to know any of this stuff :(

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
Where do I find out info about Ford's tire care program? I never seem to know any of this stuff :(
I received a message from Ford in November 2022 saying they were gifting it to early adopters. See attached.

Screenshot_20230720_145622_Email.jpg

steve.panse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
Now that you mention it, I had two punctures in 9000 miles on the stock Pirellis, whereas I’ve previously had only one in probably over 200,000 miles on other vehicles. I attributed it to bad luck, but maybe you’re on to something.