Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
I'm trying to activate Plug and Charge on my account. Yesterday I went to the website and activated the trial for Plug and Charge on my account. It walked me through a few screens and added my credit card. After that it sounded like I was done but now I have nothing. Plug and charge doesn't appear at all under my connected services (where it originally appeared with an activate trial button) and when I click in the app it gives me a banner that Blue Oval Charge Network service not found and if I click into Plug and Charge it just tells me I need an active subscription. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
In my case it got stuck in “ Pending Activation “ state and I had to delete and start over to get it working. Good luck!

OP
OP
Dustus

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
In my case it got stuck in “ Pending Activation “ state and I had to delete and start over to get it working. Good luck!
I guess that is why I was worried. I don't even see a Pending Activation. When I look at my account it's like the service doesn't even exist. I'll wait it out today and see what happens. I contacted Ford through chat but just got bounced to a few different departments and was finally told I had to call the Marketing department on the phone which seemed odd. I haven't called them yet.

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had a similar problem. When you signed up for your My Ford Vehicle website account, did you use a username or your e-mail. I originally used a username. The website would not allow me to sign up for plug and charge. After several calls to the help line receiving cryptic responses, I realized they wanted me to change my website sign-in from a username to the e-mail that I gave my dealer. It was easy to do in the Member Account/Sign-In Menu. After doing so, I could sign up and use plug and charge. Give it a try.

OP
OP
Dustus

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Had a similar problem. When you signed up for your My Ford Vehicle website account, did you use a username or your e-mail. I originally used a username. The website would not allow me to sign up for plug and charge. After several calls to the help line receiving cryptic responses, I realized they wanted me to change my website sign-in from a username to the e-mail that I gave my dealer. It was easy to do in the Member Account/Sign-In Menu. After doing so, I could sign up and use plug and charge. Give it a try.

I am signed up with an email address so that shouldn't be an issue. Talked to their support for a while on the phone and they didn't know what was going on. They escalated it to IT support to figure it out. Waiting to hear back. In the mean time I'm guess I'm paying the full .43 per kwh to EA this weekend on my trip.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
My experience was that anything Ford Connected Services related took at least 24, if not 48 hours to become active. Go figure.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My new car activated same day as purchase, in fact before I picked up the car.
Sponsored