Plug and Charge Working!! (was avoid plug and charge for now)

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I just went into FP and saw that at some point P&C was disabled, and now I can’t re-enable it. It just “Loading”s for about 5mins before giving up. Time to place another call to the Mach E Helpdesk.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plug and Charge Working!! (was avoid plug and charge for now) 3D830317-7D23-402C-BE02-72AEE2093093
Sponsored

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I cannot get the fast charger to work at all. Keep getting this blinking light wherever I go

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plug and Charge Working!! (was avoid plug and charge for now) 3D830317-7D23-402C-BE02-72AEE2093093
Not sure if this was coincidence or not when I was trying to charge the other day, I kept getting that same fault until I turned of the the accessory mode in the car. The car was “off” but I had the accessories on. As soon as I turned it off I could charge.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
Not sure if this was coincidence or not when I was trying to charge the other day, I kept getting that same fault until I turned of the the accessory mode in the car. The car was “off” but I had the accessories on. As soon as I turned it off I could charge.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it and see what happens

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mirak, mine loaded.
I got it reenabled by walking down and turning my car on first, then enabling in app. So if anyone else has this problem, I guess try that.

CaPhil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e Premium SR, Star White
Occupation
Retired engineer
Country flag
I got it reenabled by walking down and turning my car on first, then enabling in app. So if anyone else has this problem, I guess try that.
I had been trying to turn off Plug and Charge and had the same problem you had turning yours on. I got in my car and turned it on and Plug and Charge turned off right away. So, it appears being in the car with the car on does indeed help.

Last edited:

westcoastg8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Std Range
Country flag
I cannot get the fast charger to work at all. Keep getting this blinking light wherever I go

I had this issue last week while on a trip to Palm Desert. I tried multiple charges at an EA charge station and then one at an EVGO station and all resulted in immediate faults or faults after only a couple of minutes. Thought maybe the heat was an issue so I returned early in the AM when it wasn't hot out and was seeing the same result. I am also getting the HEV and Drive-Train alerts in the Fordpass app and have an appointment at the dealer for tomorrow morning.

Interestingly enough, I had fast-charged successfully at an EA charger near my home prior to the trip to Palm Desert and went again today to see if it still would successfully charge and it did. From what I recall the EA chargers in the desert were 150kW and the EVGO one was 50kW. The one that successfully charged today is also 150kW.

Hopefully with the upcoming dealer visit, someone can clear up why I had faults because otherwise I'll be very wary of taking it out on another road trip.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
I had this issue last week while on a trip to Palm Desert. I tried multiple charges at an EA charge station and then one at an EVGO station and all resulted in immediate faults or faults after only a couple of minutes. Thought maybe the heat was an issue so I returned early in the AM when it wasn't hot out and was seeing the same result. I am also getting the HEV and Drive-Train alerts in the Fordpass app and have an appointment at the dealer for tomorrow morning.

Interestingly enough, I had fast-charged successfully at an EA charger near my home prior to the trip to Palm Desert and went again today to see if it still would successfully charge and it did. From what I recall the EA chargers in the desert were 150kW and the EVGO one was 50kW. The one that successfully charged today is also 150kW.

Hopefully with the upcoming dealer visit, someone can clear up why I had faults because otherwise I'll be very wary of taking it out on another road trip.
If you don't mind sharing your info from the dealer I would appreciate it!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve got 500kWh to burn so I decided to drive over the nearest (only) EA station in town and test out Plug & Charge. Summary: It didn’t work. Details....

Decided to start at 150kW charger. Pulled in and turned off the car. Got out and shut my door. Opened my FordPass app to double-check that P&C is activated. It is. I plug in. Over the course of about one minute, I get “Connecting to vehicle” then “payment authorized” then “initiating charging” - it works!!! No it doesn’t. The next message is “Charging start error.”

So I unplug and try the other plug. This time I get “connecting to vehicle” and then it takes me right to the screen to enter payment. So that didn’t work. Tried it a third time. Same result.

So then I move over to a 350kw charger. Same result.

So then I move back to another 150kw charger. Same result.

I give up. Now I open up the FP app to initiate the charge there. That works, but even then there are a couple issues....

First, it is really hard to tell which charger to initiate. Here is my screen....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plug and Charge Working!! (was avoid plug and charge for now) 7E6D035C-1BB4-4E8C-BC64-23B75976F464

And here is what the charger looks like....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plug and Charge Working!! (was avoid plug and charge for now) 1E9F53FC-8396-43F3-A38F-10E5A9672B4D

So, using the number at the top of the station, I’ve got it narrowed down to two. But the app doesn’t distinguish between Plug 1 and Plug 2 at the charger. I choose the first one hoping that is Plug 1, and I’m right. So maybe that’s the rule. But maybe FordPass ought to be clearer.

Also the the 100169-01 charger is the 350kw plugs but FordPass says they’re 150kw.

Next issue: the charge is working, but it looks like I’m being billed! There’s a price that is increasing while I charge. I call EA and they verify that I’m using my free kWh - but it will always look like Im being billed. So that makes zero sense.

Third issue: I take a little walk and open the FP app to check on my charging status. There is no charging status. Are you freaking kidding me Ford?! Why does the FordPass App SUCK SO BAD?!?!

At least with the EA app I can monitor my charging through the app. But I have to pay if I use the EA app.

So anyway, I finally got to use some free kWh, but Plug & Charge SUCKS and the FordPass app SUCKS.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very happy to report that Plug & Charge worked for me today for first time! I only tested for a couple minutes. Took about 60 seconds from plug in to starting the charge.

One small bug at the end: when I stopped the session on the charger, my charge port started flashing red and I got charge station fault message on driver screen. Still - PROGRESS!

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I decided to try plug and charge this morning for the second time in a couple months. The first time was not successful. Today, I pulled up, pulled the lead and plugged it in. Within a minute the P&G was successful. Currently at an EA DC charger in Queens Mall. It is a 150kW and charging at a rate of:

80kW at 11%
110kW at 17%
119kW at 20%
115kW at 25%
114kW at 30%
77kW at 80%

GOM range is 303 miles. FYI, I have a First Edition

I started with 8% battery at 9:27am. Right now, it estimates I should reach 80% by 10:08am for 41 min charging. Not bad for me being a newbie but I am confident Ford will change this charge curve and we should bring it down to 30 min.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plug and Charge Working!! (was avoid plug and charge for now) image

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plug and Charge Working!! (was avoid plug and charge for now) image

image.jpg

Last edited:

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve got 500kWh to burn so I decided to drive over the nearest (only) EA station in town and test out Plug & Charge. Summary: It didn’t work. Details.... <...snip...>
I also have 500kWh available, and after reading through this thread, I really have only one question:
Is Plug & Charge only supposed to work with Electrify America stations? (Answer is probably yes.)

So I took a look all over NH and VT, and guess what? No EA stations at all! There is one "Coming Soon" at the Mall of NH in Manchester, NH, and there is one "Coming Soon" at Wal Mart in Lebanon, NH. That's it.

Given that the whole Plug & Charge thing works only with EA stations, and there are none of those in all of NH and VT, it appears that I don't have to worry about that for now.

There *are* EVGo stations around. Does anyone know if they allow one to use their personal credit card, or will I have to eventually be carrying a half dozen account cards around for the different types of stations!

Thanks in advance, for any suggestions/advice you may have!

smp

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I also have 500kWh available, and after reading through this thread, I really have only one question:
Is Plug & Charge only supposed to work with Electrify America stations? (Answer is probably yes.)

So I took a look all over NH and VT, and guess what? No EA stations at all! There is one "Coming Soon" at the Mall of NH in Manchester, NH, and there is one "Coming Soon" at Wal Mart in Lebanon, NH. That's it.

Given that the whole Plug & Charge thing works only with EA stations, and there are none of those in all of NH and VT, it appears that I don't have to worry about that for now.

There *are* EVGo stations around. Does anyone know if they allow one to use their personal credit card, or will I have to eventually be carrying a half dozen account cards around for the different types of stations!

Thanks in advance, for any suggestions/advice you may have!

smp
Plug and Charge is also supposed to work at some Greenlots stations too, but you won’t find any of those in VT or NH either. The free electricity that came with the car can only be used at Electrify America.

For EVgo, you’ll want to use their app. It’s free and will give you a cheaper rate.

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For EVgo, you’ll want to use their app. It’s free and will give you a cheaper rate.
Thanks for verifying that, General.

smp
Sponsored