Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I’ve had my Mustang two weeks now, i’ve charged on the super slow 120 V charger came with the car and I finally got my level two installed. I charged with that and today I finally decided at 50% to head down to the mall and try my free kilowatt hours for the first time at Electrify America and I just plugged it in it said it verified everything and it started charging and didn’t give me any trouble. Didn’t ask me for any money gave me a nice email receipt and am I correct and assuming what I’m gonna show you here is equal to like $15 if they charge $.36 a kilowatt hour.
Total kWh Used: 42.392 kWh @ 45 mins from 50% to 90%
I’m guessing at home since it’s five cents a kilowatt hour that would be about two dollars and some odd cents?
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It’s cute hearing people rave about P&C - and I agree it works great now.

But us grizzled veterans remember the early days LOL. Props to Ford for getting this figured out.

Glad Tesla is part of P&C. Now if I could just get ChargePoint and EVgo on board I could ditch the apps entirely!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I’ve had my Mustang two weeks now, i’ve charged on the super slow 120 V charger came with the car and I finally got my level two installed. I charged with that and today I finally decided at 50% to head down to the mall and try my free kilowatt hours for the first time at Electrify America and I just plugged it in it said it verified everything and it started charging and didn’t give me any trouble. Didn’t ask me for any money gave me a nice email receipt and am I correct and assuming what I’m gonna show you here is equal to like $15 if they charge $.36 a kilowatt hour.
Total kWh Used: 42.392 kWh @ 45 mins from 50% to 90%
I’m guessing at home since it’s five cents a kilowatt hour that would be about two dollars and some odd cents?
Depends on what your home rate is. Gotta check your monthly electric bill for that. Varies greatly around the country.

My home rate (in CO) is $0.10/kWh, so 42 kWh would be $4.20. Home rates are usually WAY cheaper than DCFC rates (they have to pay for all that expensive equipment, maintenance, land, etc.).

Testing out DCFC with your free kWh allotment is nice but typically you'd want to save the rest for a road trip where it's much more expensive to charge.

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Depends on what your home rate is. Gotta check your monthly electric bill for that. Varies greatly around the country.

My home rate (in CO) is $0.10/kWh, so 42 kWh would be $4.20. Home rates are usually WAY cheaper than DCFC rates (they have to pay for all that expensive equipment, maintenance, land, etc.).

Testing out DCFC with your free kWh allotment is nice but typically you'd want to save the rest for a road trip where it's much more expensive to charge.
Thank you for that my home rate is five cents and we don’t really go out of state anymore because the wife can’t travel very long so it’s all local so pretty much it’ll be kind of just burning it up because we’re not gonna go anywhere more than 40 miles from house
Thanks

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
I mostly charge at home and rarely drive far, but I went to an Electrify America station today, plugged in and walked away. Came back to >80% 45 minutes later. Not sure how many other cars do plug and charge now outside of Tesla, but this is an amazing feature we’ve had since day one and I just think it’s great
I’d buy a lotto ticket. First EA station in madera, CA today had to move the car twice. 3rd one worked. Had to stop again in Turlock and it was rated 10 on plug share. Guess what didn’t work and it was the only one available. Called and after 10 min on hold the lady said the station is offline she can’t fix it. Luckily someone just left so I was able to charge but for the life of me I don’t understand how EA is still in business. They have one job and they suck at it….rant over! I feel better 😂
Do love plug in charge, can’t wait for my Tesla adapter!

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve had it set up for 3 years. I confirmed it was all still good beforehand.

Others have reported that P&C on EA has stopped working for them when they got the update that enabled it on Tesla. Maybe I’ve been bit by the same bug.
Must make sure P&C is toggled on : vehicle-Charging-Blue Oval Charge Network- Plug&Charge toggle on, should also show EA & Tesla certificates! Bill P

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So my car got the latest update yesterday and I didn’t even start it at all. I think the only thing I did was wash it and clean the wheels. I mean, although I could hear the car making noises as I touch the car moved around cleaning it looks like it downloaded the latest updates, I’m sitting in the car with the car running waiting for it to download an update so I’m thinking now I don’t really need to do that that sound correct or is the protocol and let it down

IMG_7525.jpeg
Sponsored