Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)?

4.1.2 - Didja Get It Yet?

• Total voters

L&B

First Name
RL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MACH E California Route 1 2022
Country flag
Sorry, but how do you become an "EA participant"
Sorry if this is a little gratuitous - but I'm feeling bitter stuck on 3.5.4 as an EA participant, and I wonder just how bitter I should be...
Sorry, but how do you become an "EA participant"?
My California Route One was delivered in November 2022. Software 3.5.4 Updated Dec 6, 2022
Thanks!
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Our AT&T cell service is not great nor can I get line of sight to a cell tower, but updates have always pushed out successfully before, while the car was parked in the garage and with no other prep. The schedule of midnight assures that I'm not near the car with my key or phone. So that's why I'm scratching my head on why this one fails.
You should leave the car on for an hour before an update is scheduled. Your 12v is probably low.

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium RWD ER
Country flag
You should leave the car on for an hour before an update is scheduled. Your 12v is probably low.
The car is only six months old. It was plugged in last night and was charging when the update was attempted.

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I've got a late 2021 Job 2 GT. I updated all modules via FDRS about a month ago (about 13 modules) so I shouldn't have anything "stuck" at this point. Last week I received 4.1.1 OTA, but still waiting on 4.1.2

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Sorry, but how do you become an "EA participant"

Sorry, but how do you become an "EA participant"?
My California Route One was delivered in November 2022. Software 3.5.4 Updated Dec 6, 2022
Thanks!
https://www.earlyaccess.ford.com

I have applied for both my Lightning and MME but have only been approved for the Lightning after a month of waitlist.

Once you get approved, an email will show and you have to click to join.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Poll: Have you gotten OTA 4.1.2 (the UI refresh)? Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 10.17.14 AM

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The car is only six months old. It was plugged in last night and was charging when the update was attempted.
Make sure it is actively charging for at least two hours immediately preceding the scheduled update time. Modify your charge or update schedule so this can occur.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The 12v battery may not get charged while the car is plugged in unless it’s particularly low. Drive it as suggested and click on install now once parked. Also make sure your install schedule isn’t exactly midnight, there were issues in the past with that. 12:05 etc work fine.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Age doesn’t really have anything to do with 12v SoC. It’s always fluctuating between a low point and then the system recharges it from the high voltage battery. It’s normal and sometimes updates attempt when it is at the low point and turning it on will charge the 12v back up to the required SoC.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
I was stuck at 1.7.1 for months and my car took a two day trip to the dealership to get that one corrected.

Now I appear to be stuck at 3.5.4.2 for quite a while.

My Premium Extended Range Mach-E is a Feb, 2021 build and I am in EA.

I keep the car charged to 90% and my Wi-Fi reception to the car is excellent. All the settings for receiving OTA updates are correct.

I recently received a letter from Ford stating I need to get the heater software update done, but that it should come in via OTA. I live in south Florida, and really don't care about the heater. It has never been on in my Mach-E. But if it is supposed to go OTA, what is stopping it?

I really like this car, but Ford's OTA system is a mess.....

Jim

Last edited:

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium RWD ER
Country flag
So many different theories about what works! FWIW, my schedule has always been successful in the past, and Ford made two attempts this month on the schedule. What's really weird is the fail message from Ford says "help us install" but provides no information about how to do that!

LF-X

First Name
Lutz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR TP2
Occupation
IT project manager
Country flag
Mine had a 4 day trip to the dealer to get in on 1.7.1. :) Last week. Doesn't apear to do another update on it's own.