Possible to transfer an order to another person?

lindseybp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Country flag
I have an existing order for a 22 premium at a local dealer. After placing the order I was able to find a dealer ordered ME which is arriving in about a week. So I will not need the 22 premium order. Anyone know if it's possible to transfer the order to someone else who might want it or would the dealer be forced to cancel the order?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The dealer will keep the order.
You cannot transfer the order to anyone. Price Protection is lost.
The dealer will get the order in, and sell it to someone else, for more money.

Your deposit may be refundable, refer back to what it says, it varies by dealer.

OP
OP

lindseybp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Country flag
I know the deposit is refundable but was hoping to pass along the order to another forum member. Oh well...

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I know the deposit is refundable but was hoping to pass along the order to another forum member. Oh well...
I mean, shoot, if you can afford it, wait it out and see about still buying it and checking used prices lol. With the price increase coming up, you might come out ahead if you can double dip tax credits and sell it at the price you paid, which would then be lower than MSRP of new ones!

OP
OP

lindseybp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Country flag
Hmmmm...never thought of that....

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
If you can swing the financing or have the cash you can sell the car in a couple days and make 5 to 10 grand even to someone like Carvana. If you take the time to sell it to an enthusiast to the auto trader you can probably do even better.

Unless you think extending the credit is a bad idea or simply can't do it I would absolutely take possession and Mine it for some đź’°

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I mean, shoot, if you can afford it, wait it out and see about still buying it and checking used prices lol. With the price increase coming up, you might come out ahead if you can double dip tax credits and sell it at the price you paid, which would then be lower than MSRP of new ones!
This is what I’m hoping to do with mine. I bought a 21 off a lot and will have it for about 6 months when my order comes in. It wasn’t my original plan and I originally kept my orders just to see when they would get a production date. Now I figure I can maybe come out ahead with 2 tax credits, get close to what I paid for the 21 and basically get to drive a car for free for 6 months.

mep1952

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium space white rr drive, extended range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have an existing order for a 22 premium at a local dealer. After placing the order I was able to find a dealer ordered ME which is arriving in about a week. So I will not need the 22 premium order. Anyone know if it's possible to transfer the order to someone else who might want it or would the dealer be forced to cancel the order?
I was at my dealers last Thursday hitting him up regarding price protection. He said if I decided not to take delivery of my order the dealer would probably give $1500. to $2000. I'm sure they would them mark it for 10,000.+ You might consider selling your order back to the dealer, you might be able to make a few bucks.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe just keep the order for yourself then go to the dealership with the new buyer once the car arrives.
Price protection won’t apply to another person.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have no issues with anyone making money off of their orders. I would not advertise it myself as you can not legally get the IRS tax credit if your intention is to resell (at least that is my understanding.) Finally I find it interesting that people recommend making a buck off of their orders but perhaps frown on ADM. I have no issue with either myself; although, would not chose to purchase a car with ADM (generally speaking - I can imagine some situations where I might)

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I tried to take over an order from a forum member here back in Oct/Nov and the dealer outright said there will be markup ($5K). They technically owned the order and was unwilling to let me buy it at MSRP.

If the dealer sells Mach-E's at MSRP.. I'm sure it is possible.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was at my dealers last Thursday hitting him up regarding price protection. He said if I decided not to take delivery of my order the dealer would probably give $1500. to $2000. I'm sure they would them mark it for 10,000.+ You might consider selling your order back to the dealer, you might be able to make a few bucks.
You can make more money selling the current Mach-E you have, and taking the new order.

- The new order has a much higher MSRP for most people, and they are price protected.
- The original vehicle was bought with no intention of reselling, and time has passed, so no IRS issue.
- With several price increases on the 2022s, that raises the resale of the 2021s.
- With companies like Carvana, you can lock in a price for a period of time. When I sold my Fusion Energi, they locked me for 30 days when I created an account, vs. 7 days when I didn't. One forum member said they didn't do that on the Mach-E for them, haven't tried it yet. But, with that locked in price, you know what you're going to get. Then you try and sell it other ways during the lock period. Worse case, you go back for another lock. We spent several months on the Fusion because we had to buy out the lease, get the revised title, then had to travel out of town. No problem with "renewing" the offer later, of course prices fluctuate.

Today, for a Premium AWD ER, getting close to $60,000 in a private sale is very likely. Yes, there will be some capital gains involved.

I would never sell my order back to the dealer, because they've acknowledged they are going to charge someone ADM. I won't encourage that.

As to floating the 2nd loan, many of us got a preapproval from Ford Credit for a huge sum while owning the current Mach-E. They love people having loans on multiple Fords. It's a non-issue if you can afford a $60,000 car.
Sponsored