GT Cyber Orange
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I read here last week that some owners had it. I think it was very new builds. maybe I dreamed it.
The only posts I've seen are people asking 2022 owners with new updates to try it and them reporting back that it still doesn't cycle to OFF.

Gene Bank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I'm so confused. 2022 MME GT. I got a message today that my OTA update was successful. It now says that the car is up to date. However on the Ford App it still shows the recall and says that is incomplete. If I go to the Ford Sync screen it shows version 21297 Revision 253. I don't have the new games that people are talking about. Can someone set me straight as to what is happening to my MME? Thanks

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I'm so confused. 2022 MME GT. I got a message today that my OTA update was successful. It now says that the car is up to date. However on the Ford App it still shows the recall and says that is incomplete. If I go to the Ford Sync screen it shows version 21297 Revision 253. I don't have the new games that people are talking about. Can someone set me straight as to what is happening to my MME? Thanks
This (3.2.1) is not the recall update. That is a separate OTA that hasn't been released to 2022 vehicles yet. You will see a message mentioning the recall number 22S41 when it happens. Until you see that, you don't have the recall software (unless your dealer installed it).

"Your car is up to date" really means "You don't have any pending OTAs ready to install this moment" not that your car has all the latest software. They should really change that phrase to "No OTA updates currently available" because it keeps confusing people.

a4tech

First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '21
Country flag
Can anyone share VIN or check PTS to check it's MU5T-14G682-XX package name ?

Thanks !

Satisfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Out of curiosity, does this version of Alexa replace the short-press Ford Assistant or the long-press Siri/Google voice assistant on the steering wheel button, or is this an on-screen button only?
you can do what with long press? I really want that hardware button to get to Google bc Android auto works 2x better than the Ford assistant and Alexa

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
you can do what with long press? I really want that hardware button to get to Google bc Android auto works 2x better than the Ford assistant and Alexa
The voice assistant button on the steering wheel has two modes.

A short tap of the button launches the Ford Assistant, like saying ā€œOk, Fordā€ if you have the wake word turned on (which I donā€™t).

A long press of the button (think about a second) launches Siri if you have your iPhone connected by CarPlay or Bluetooth or Google Assistant if you have an Android phone connected.

As I drive, I use both.

::short tap:: ā€œSet temperature to low.ā€ (Ford)

::long tap:: ā€œTake me to work.ā€ (Siri via CarPlay)

Iā€™ll do the same to listen to XM radio with the short tap, or Iā€™ll do the long press to have Apple Music play something from my phone library.

I disable the wake word recognition because of too many accidental firings, and itā€˜s perfectly easy to just tap or press the button on the steering wheel.

rth314

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E X Premium RWD Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The voice assistant button on the steering wheel has two modes.

A short tap of the button launches the Ford Assistant, like saying ā€œOk, Fordā€ if you have the wake word turned on (which I donā€™t).

A long press of the button (think about a second) launches Siri if you have your iPhone connected by CarPlay or Bluetooth or Google Assistant if you have an Android phone connected.
But no one ever answered what happens with the voice assistant button if you enable Alexa, except for one person who hadn't actually tried it.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Sheesh. Where is Pole position and dig dug Mrs. Pac-Man and dungeons and dragons.

you can get into a month long dungeons and dragons game fast while theyā€™re repairing your high-voltage contactors maybe

seriously Ford stop with the games. Give us a blue cruise map. Is that too freaking much to ask?

errr how about RISK. I used to crush my sisters at that game.

Jes sayin. Ford. Grow upā€¦.

Satisfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
But no one ever answered what happens with the voice assistant button if you enable Alexa, except for one person who hadn't actually tried it.
I'm so glad I found out about the long press. makes me wonder what else I'm missing. tbh I think about 4-5 buttons in the car I still haven't tried yet. for those wondering I am able to use Google with the long press despite having Alexa enabled, maybe that's only when Android auto is active though.
Sponsored