PowerUp 5.1.1???

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Got it this afternoon, disturbingly...

Not disturbed to get the update itself, always glad to get updates (though they rarely fix any of the bugs I most often encounter). The disturbing part is that I was out at an appointment, and needed to get back in the car shortly for another appointment. As I waited to belatedly be seen at the 1st appointment, I got a FordPass alert informing me of the update. Glad it went through successfully, but if I'd actually gotten out of my appointment as scheduled, I'd have arrived back at my vehicle in the middle of the update, and who knows what would have happened if I got there and tried to open and start the car. I assume this was a "lock-out" update, which I'd have had no idea was happening, and might have panicked when I couldn't unlock the door!

And yes, since you're probably wondering, I dutifully have automatic updates turned on, and SCHEDULED FOR 1:00am...
I don't think you would have been stuck. I dropped off something at around 11:30 a.m. CDT and was inside for less than 5 minutes. By the time I came out to get in my car, the whole process was complete. I also had auto updates on for 1:00 a.m. This was also the first time an update happened when I was away from home.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I don't think you would have been stuck. I dropped off something at around 11:30 a.m. CDT and was inside for less than 5 minutes. By the time I came out to get in my car, the whole process was complete. I also had auto updates on for 1:00 a.m. This was also the first time an update happened when I was away from home.
Inhibit updates install according to schedule. Other updates install when received.

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select AWD DMG & '23 Premium RWD ER CG Mach E
Country flag
Huh, I didnā€™t expect that itā€™d install in a car that didnā€™t have the Ford Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0 hardware. Interesting. Maybe itā€™ll arrive in my GT-PE some time before 2030. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©
@HuntingPudel: I believe that the non-HF MME's are getting these BC 1.3 updates as well to improve their hands on capabilities as well (improved handling through curves, for example, is applicable to both hands free and hands on).

With regards to updating outside scheduled time, both of mine updated with 5.1.1 while my wife and I were shopping at different Walmart stores in our area. Maybe that is a new condition for getting the MME to update LOL.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Maybe that is a new condition for getting the MME to update LOL.
It was an inhibit update -one that prevents the car from being used- those will install when downloaded.

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select AWD DMG & '23 Premium RWD ER CG Mach E
Country flag
Fully aware that non-inhibit updates can download and install anytime. Just trying to insert some humor into conversation.

NYSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium AWD SR - Vapor Blue (STILL WAITING!)
Country flag
Got mine today.
March 2023 build

Exordium01

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
2023.3. Just got this today. Does that mean I also got all the intermediate updates I was missing?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone with a job 2, 2021 MME had This downloaded yet if not in the EAP?

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
I also received 5.1.1 yesterday on my '23 GT. Update installed when we were charging at the Tiffin Road Plaza on our way from Peoria to Cleveland.

dmac1418

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '23 Premium SR RWD
Country flag
2023 Premium got the update yesterday afternoon.

AtomicInternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Mach E Premium
Country flag
Went from 4.2.4 to 5.1.1 last night. I'm assuming it didn't do all updates in between as well.

Does this mean I'll go back to 4.2.5 sometime in the future? Anyone ever go backwards?
Sponsored