First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Hi all,

I just leased the Mach-E premium extended range in December and pre collision assist is enabled with sensitivity set to high but I don't think it's working. There is no audible alert like I had in my last car (Chevy Bolt) I went to the dealer and one person said that if I use 1 pedal drive it may not go off because my foot is off the accelerator . I'm not sure this is true because I'm pretty sure I was accelerating. I tested this without 1 pedal drive and still nothing. I don't want to test this too often because I don't want to risk an accident. My Chevy Bolt did the alert regularly because that was also set to high and it seemed to go off even if there wasn't much risk of collision. When I back out of a space the alerts go off for cars and pedestrians. If someone has a video demonstration of this in action that would be helpful when I go back to the dealer.

Thanks,
Chris
Sponsored

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
It goes off for me when the car ahead is making a right turn and I’m slowing down just enough to let the car clear the road. But to the car it seems like a collision is about to happen because of the speed differential.

I use 1-pedal

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The dealer has no idea what they’re talking about (surprise!).
Mine is set to normal, and it triggers about once a week when I’m bearing down on someone slowing for a turn. Even if I’m already slowing using 1PD.
Sponsored