Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
I got a warning two weeks ago that my Pre-Collision Assist was not available randomly on my drive to work. The warning stayed on EVERY drive beeping at every start up and the Adaptive Cruise wasn’t working either. I made an appointment with the dealership and they are able to get me in on Wednesday. Then randomly yesterday the light went off and now I have a new (99% sure it’s new and not a newly found setting) blue bar on top of my car icon next to the speedometer that gets orange and red when I am close to other cars.

I was glad to see the warning light go off so I tried some cruise control today and it ISN’T slowing down when I reach slower traffic. My first thought was that I was on “regular” cruise control so I stopped and confirmed that I was indeed on adaptive. The next attempt was even worse. This time it DID slow me down with traffic but it was very jerky and almost “panic stoppy”, not the usual smooth transition I expect.

I will post back up after my appointment on Wednesday to see what is up, but was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Sounds like you may have been mid-update.

Deleted member 3569

I had serious warnings about this feature not working ....something akin to "Fatal Error".... but a re-flash of SOBDM, BECM, SOBDMB, PCM & ABS modules as part of TSB 21-2245 at dealership took care of this problem ... the kid at SunState Ford in Orlando was not only wonderful but knowledgeable and passionate ... he came out and explained to me in person everything in detail, the step by step procedure he has performed... all done in about 45 minutes. I was not only grateful .... but relieved that it was a software glitch and not some catastrophic component failure !!!
Sponsored