TowPro

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150, 23 MME
Country flag
why would any car company make your car automatically start the GPS to route you to where the car THINKS your going? What a PITA this one is.
I mean we are not even out of the driveway and it starts to route us to the grocery store. I mean its 5 miles away, why do I need a GPS to find it?
has anybody found any positive reason to waist time developing a feature to route you to your most used destination?
we bought the car in July, and out of the blue this crap started this week (after the update to add AM radio to a car that already had AM radio from the factory)
so this week we shut it off and saved her profile.
Than I drove the car one night (pressing 3 for my profile). Next morning she opens door, presses 1 for her profile, starts car and it starts routing her 5 miles up the street to grocery street. BUT predictive routing is already turned off in her profile.
Turns out PR was still enabled in my profile, and I was last person to drive car, but even tough she hit 1 for her profile, the car started PR. (we both have Phone as a key but it does not work with profiles on our car).

Next step is turn off navagation all together. where I live Ford nav is the worse. It will send me 20 miles out of the way down the turn pike, with a $9.00 toll just to save 2 minutes over taking the back roads. Sure I can change routing to shortest, but than it will start telling me to get of an exit and get back on the highway because its point 1 miles shorter. short of waiting for it to expire in 3 years, can I disable the ford nav? I really don't need to have it prep the batteries for charging as that all done in the garage anyway. if we really want to use GPS we now use google maps.
Sponsored

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
When mine gets switched back on by an update, it always tries to route me to places I've never been and have no interest in ever going to.

What I'd like to know is whether or not any of the people at Ford responsible for adding this feature (I assume it's in more than just the MME) actually have it turned on in their own cars.

helium89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forester
Country flag
We have automatic updates turned off, and predictive routing still keeps turning itself back on. It would seem that thereā€™s no escaping it. Yesterday, it started doing a fun new thing. When we started the car, it announced a delay due to traffic without actually starting a route.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It's a bug in the software, put in to annoy Canadians... šŸ¤£

Mine has never turned back on, not in the truck either.

OP
OP

TowPro

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150, 23 MME
Country flag
I would be happy to turn off the ford navigation all together. this was the final straw. can that be done (short of not renewing it when it expires)

AEGinMD

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Ice Blue Silver (Nov 2022)
Occupation
government bureaucrat
Country flag
We have automatic updates turned off, and predictive routing still keeps turning itself back on. It would seem that thereā€™s no escaping it. Yesterday, it started doing a fun new thing. When we started the car, it announced a delay due to traffic without actually starting a route.
Almost since I got it, my 2022 Premium occasionally announces a traffic delay thru Ford's nav system without being activated. I have always just chuckled & ignored it (& proceeded to use Google maps) -- never thought about predictive routing & self-activation until now! But now that I know there's something I can try & obsess about, I'm in...

Art

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retiref
Country flag
why would any car company make your car automatically start the GPS to route you to where the car THINKS your going? What a PITA this one is.
I mean we are not even out of the driveway and it starts to route us to the grocery store. I mean its 5 miles away, why do I need a GPS to find it?
has anybody found any positive reason to waist time developing a feature to route you to your most used destination?
we bought the car in July, and out of the blue this crap started this week (after the update to add AM radio to a car that already had AM radio from the factory)
so this week we shut it off and saved her profile.
Than I drove the car one night (pressing 3 for my profile). Next morning she opens door, presses 1 for her profile, starts car and it starts routing her 5 miles up the street to grocery street. BUT predictive routing is already turned off in her profile.
Turns out PR was still enabled in my profile, and I was last person to drive car, but even tough she hit 1 for her profile, the car started PR. (we both have Phone as a key but it does not work with profiles on our car).

Next step is turn off navagation all together. where I live Ford nav is the worse. It will send me 20 miles out of the way down the turn pike, with a $9.00 toll just to save 2 minutes over taking the back roads. Sure I can change routing to shortest, but than it will start telling me to get of an exit and get back on the highway because its point 1 miles shorter. short of waiting for it to expire in 3 years, can I disable the ford nav? I really don't need to have it prep the batteries for charging as that all done in the garage anyway. if we really want to use GPS we now use google maps.
I used the GPS once on a long trip, but otherwise it's in carplay using waze and listening to an audio book.
I sometimes open Waze and not supply a destination. In that manner I get the warnings that are sometimes useful.

sdoo25

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE
Country flag
I'm pretty sure you can set options in the Ford nav to avoid tolls, etc. and still use the fastest route. That may help on your example if you ever wanted to use the Ford nav.

OP
OP

TowPro

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150, 23 MME
Country flag
it Happened again today. I used google maps to drive up the FL turnpike and 75 (and blue cruse worked a total if 5 minutes on the 35 miles I spend on these roads). We got to our destination (Don Garlits museum to see a waist of time RV show). On way out we started car, and it wants to route us to the publix right down the street from our house (50 miles away) Both profiles are set with predictive routing off. Wife now hates the car. what do I do next?

helium89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forester
Country flag
it Happened again today. I used google maps to drive up the FL turnpike and 75 (and blue cruse worked a total if 5 minutes on the 35 miles I spend on these roads). We got to our destination (Don Garlits museum to see a waist of time RV show). On way out we started car, and it wants to route us to the publix right down the street from our house (50 miles away) Both profiles are set with predictive routing off. Wife now hates the car. what do I do next?
Did you check whether or not predictive routing turned itself back on? Ours turns itself back on every so often. Usually we go a few months without fighting with it, but sometimes it only stays off for a week or two. I have no idea what makes it turn back on. We thought that the OTA updates were reenabling it, but it turns itself on even when automatic updates are disabled.

If your wife is particularly sensitive to annoying software bugs, then she is probably going to keep hating the car. Ford did really well on some aspects of the car, but the software situation is a raging dumpster fire. If used prices hadnā€™t taken such a dive, we would have ditched the car a while ago. Weā€™ll probably try to replace it with a less annoying EV, but, honestly, I would rather buy an ICE car from a company that at least pretends to care about the customer experience than keep dealing with Ford.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Wait till you hop in the car with your wife and the damned thing spouts ā€œ27 minutes to The Cheetah Lounge. Traffic is light.ā€ šŸ˜‚

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I only use the Ford nav. It occasionally makes a suggestion about where I'm going, and it's a fun game to see how ridiculous it is.

I drive the same route at the same time 4 days a week. I can't even begin to figure out how it chooses where ro suggest.

OP
OP

TowPro

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150, 23 MME
Country flag
This problem started with the update that added AM radio to our radio that ALREADY HAD AM RADIO. good job ford. remind me how do I reboot the sync system?

Flint302

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2016 Audi A3
Occupation
Retired government
Country flag
Wait, you mean to tell me this Ford nav app is actually a subscription that needs to be renewed? Seriously... Why would I ever do that when Waze, Google, and Apple maps are exponentially superior--and free?

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
This just randomly turned on again, where is the option to turn it off?

Also if I were to get something like the FDRS software and necessary tools, can I permanently turn things like this off?
Sponsored