Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My price had increased from Ford prior to the build. My dealer said the same thing that they don't control the price hike and they might not be Able to give me the xplan price. When I went to get the car however, the finance guy was trying to ask for the higher price. I asked for the general manager, he came in and said they can give it to me for the price from October Of last year and that they will just get the money back from Ford. So they obviously do get the money back from Ford but are covering them selves just Incase.
Sponsored

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My suggestion is research your dealership that you ordered from on here and see if they are one of the bad dealerships with ADM, PP rejects, sold someone elses car, etc...

Since you ordered recently, there is no price to even protect right?

Prices haven't changed for 2022 since you ordered I assume since order books are closed. Unless you get a 2023 which probably won't happen if you're scheduled already, I think you're worrying about something that probably won't affect you.

Bad dealerships will just do any/everything to screw you over, but good dealerships will do everything good and anyone ordering from those dealerships are worried about nothing since they'll just do it the way that they've always been.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Price protection is up to the dealer and they can chose to do anything they want. Ford has nothing to do with price protection. I hope you work with your dealer to get price protection.
Not correct.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
@AKgrampy , I hope they do the same this time.

I hope it’s clear, both from all of the posts here and from the quotes from my own experience today, that the word quoted from Ford is in conflict with the word quoted from the dealer.

When we’re talking expected $5k+ price increase (varying on model, but mine is a GTPE) then delays threatening a $7,500 tax rebate (down to $3,750), well, we’ve now increased the cost of purchase by $8,750-$12,500, give or take.
That’s buy or don’t buy money.
Price protection is not a standard policy of Ford. In each case of price increase Ford decides whether or not it would provide price protection.
If it decides that the price protection is provided then it is still not an automatic process and dealer has to do some actions to provide it to you. Ford can't force the dealer to do that and the dealer can refuse giving you any price protection.

And if the dealer decides to provide the protection to you he can do it two ways
1. Sell you the car for the original price but pay to ford the new price and wait for the refund from Ford.
2. Sell you the car for the new price and file for price protection. When the dealer gets a refund - he just forwards it to you.
Sponsored