Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair. Mustang Mach E soon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would never consider extended warranty for this car as I have no intention of keeping past current warranty coverage. There will be way to many advancements in 3 years to even consider keeping longer than 3 years.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
I would never consider extended warranty for this car as I have no intention of keeping past current warranty coverage. There will be way to many advancements in 3 years to even consider keeping longer than 3 years.
Agreed. However. I’m likely to blow through the 30k miles in short order. I’m at 7700 now. I got the car July 3rd. With gas prices what they are. My wife has me driving us e everywhere.

scubauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e wanta be
Country flag
Is there a reason to buy an extended warranty before the manufacturers warranty expires? Does the price go up as the car gets older?

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wow...Maybe I am lucky or something. 8K on our MME and have had ZERO (0) NADA issues whatsoever. Probably the best vehicle I have ever owned.
Same. Zero issues. Car is as well built as my Audi Q5. Actually quieter.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Thanks for the review. I ordered through the Ford website and picked Landmark based on proximity and reviews. So far so good. The guy I’m working with has never been overly engaged or pushy which I appreciate, actually. Although, I wouldn’t mind a little more detail and info in his responses to my questions.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that my car is trouble free and that my purchase goes smoothly. My plan is to use the online checkout and hopefully sidestep the finance office as much as possible.

Edit to say sorry to hear about your experiences so far. I hope everything improves soon.
FWIW landmark has been a good experience for me. I had a TSB for sync done which went well. 4K miles so far. I’d like more frequent sw updates, but the car has great.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Is there a reason to buy an extended warranty before the manufacturers warranty expires? Does the price go up as the car gets older?
Possibly. My extended warranty includes replacement of a lost keyfob. I've already used that provision.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I just called ford and had them add ANOTHER problem to be looked at.
The front passenger door won't open unless I use the remote to unlock the car even with key in hand. The rest of the doors open when you hit the button and key is in hand.
Update: Lots of modules need to be updated (according to Ford) one of them is the passenger side door recognising the key/paak and won't unlock when pressed.. my complaint also about the backup camera is also an update.

However... Ford is not going to pay for a second key fob. lame.
My passenger door is doing the same thing, did they get yours fixed? What did they diagnose as the issue? I'm going in on Wednesday for the service recall, and this is on my list.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Yep, my front door stopped working too - with both, FOB and phone. I have to press rear door's button to open doors now. Wow... - pretty frustrating :(

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Yep, my front door stopped working too - with both, FOB and phone. I have to press rear door's button to open doors now. Wow... - pretty frustrating :(
This is a common problem with a SSM attached to it. A DIY fix is to disconnect the 12 volt battery which force resets the modules. Unfortunately that requires pulling the vanity cover behind the frunk, but it’s not so bad.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Here's the norm for the Ford warranties with ICE engines, and I suspect the same for the Mach-E.

- if you buy the extended warranty in the first 12 months / 12,000 miles, you pay $X,XXX.

- if you wait and buy it before the 36 month / 36,000 mile warranty ends, you pay $X,XXX + $100.

- if you wait and buy it before 41 months / 41,000 miles, you pay $X,XXX + $200250.

You can easily go to Flood Ford's site and validate this information (except it's not working right now). I went to Zeigler's site and found a 7 year / 150,000 miles with $200 deductible was $2,205, after 12 months it was $2,305, and after 36 months it was $2,405, so they're only adding $100, not $150, more on that final leg.

One benefit that is an option with extended warranties is a free loaner vehicle. This starts on day one of your ownership with the extended warranty, so all regular warranty claims get a free loaner car. Otherwise, you may, or may not, get a loaner vehicle from your dealer. I negotiate that benefit with the GM of my dealership.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
My passenger door is doing the same thing, did they get yours fixed? What did they diagnose as the issue? I'm going in on Wednesday for the service recall, and this is on my list.
Yes they did fix it, there was a TSB for it.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Yes they did fix it, there was a TSB for it.
Do you happen to recall any more information on that? The lady at my dealership doesn't seem to know what I'm talking about
Sponsored