OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Just wait. Nothing I've tried has ended up being a permanent fix.
Unfortunately that’s the same for me.

Even stranger? I had a phone call connect to TWO phones at once today.

My wife following me in her car calls me.

The Mach E shows her phone dialing out to call my phone. When I answer it’s a loud feedback loop like when you put a microphone in front of a speaker.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
It's been months since my car selected Guest rather than my profile.... Until today. I suppose the Guest hadn't been feeling the love and needed a bit of attention. Happily I was able to select my profile while driving and it switched to it just fine.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Unfortunately that’s the same for me.

Even stranger? I had a phone call connect to TWO phones at once today.

My wife following me in her car calls me.

The Mach E shows her phone dialing out to call my phone. When I answer it’s a loud feedback loop like when you put a microphone in front of a speaker.
Same for me.
I had to delete my wife and kids phones from the car because it kept connecting when they were driving next to me. Very annoying. For all of us.

Car still works of course, but is now much less convenient for some users. I don't understand how Ford software people thinks this is an improvement. ???

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The whole situation is pretty frustrating. No communication from Ford or any kind of acknowledgment that they've regressed the software. Ford reps on this forum indicate they've never heard of it by offering to help random people with the issues when there's clearly nothing they can do. No idea when (or even if) it might be fixed. No method to rollback. No workaround that sticks.

I hate to say it, but I've kind of stopped recommending this car to friends when they ask about it. I really like the car in most ways, but I find this (and Carplay problems with multiple phones, and the headlight knob that mysteriously turns our headlights on at various times) to be so maddening that I wouldn't want my friends to deal with it. I tell them it's a great car with basic and unreliable software. Probably best to wait, and hopefully it'll "get there" at some point. Then I stand outside the car door for 10 seconds before PAAK works so I can show them the interior. <end-rant>

Last edited:

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same for me.
I had to delete my wife and kids phones from the car because it kept connecting when they were driving next to me. Very annoying. For all of us.

Car still works of course, but is now much less convenient for some users. I don't understand how Ford software people thinks this is an improvement. ???
I’m not sure who programmed the car to even make this possible.

What this car DESPERATELY needs is a “default” setting……… for everything.

Why does it have to try to be smart to recognize and pick profiles, phones, settings, what shows up on the screen???

I should be able to just tell the car to go to the same settings….. every time…….. unless I manually select something different.

Not many people share a car evenly with other drivers. It’s driver 1 95% of the time….. then a guest the other 5.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The whole situation is pretty frustrating. No communication from Ford or any kind of acknowledgment that they've regressed the software. Ford reps on this forum indicate they've never heard of it by offering to help random people with the issues when there's clearly nothing they can do. No idea when (or even if) it might be fixed. No method to rollback. No workaround that sticks.

I hate to say it, but I've kind of stopped recommending this car to friends when they ask about it. I really like the car in most ways, but I find this (and Carplay problems with multiple phones, and the headlight knob that mysteriously turns our headlights on at various times) to be so maddening that I wouldn't want my friends to deal with it. I tell them it's a great car with basic and unreliable software. Probably best to wait, and hopefully it'll "get there" at some point. Then I stand outside the car door for 10 seconds before PAAK works so I can show them the interior. <end-rant>
I still have folks ask me how I like the car. I say it is a great car let down by crappy software. But still a great car and would buy it again if given the choice.

I feel like that is a fair and honest evaluation.

I am picking up my Rivian soon. I bet the software in that thing is just as flaky. I am not expecting it to be a huge improvement but it will be interesting to see if I can live with it like I have with the Mach-E.

Through all the software glitches and dozens of updates and other annoying issues.....the car always works and once I am driving, it does just fine. It is the strangest mix of unreliable dependability that I have ever experienced. :)

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I still have folks ask me how I like the car. I say it is a great car let down by crappy software. But still a great car and would buy it again if given the choice.

I feel like that is a fair and honest evaluation.

I am picking up my Rivian soon. I bet the software in that thing is just as flaky. I am not expecting it to be a huge improvement but it will be interesting to see if I can live with it like I have with the Mach-E.

Through all the software glitches and dozens of updates and other annoying issues.....the car always works and once I am driving, it does just fine. It is the strangest mix of unreliable dependability that I have ever experienced. :)
That's fair. I haven't been stranded, and at worst I had to use the door code and passcode one time, but that worked nicely and it gave me some confidence in those backup systems. However the daily software reliability issues have a way of putting me in a bad mood and souring my feelings about the car. It's different for everyone. I work in software engineering, so my expectations might be different and I can't help but be frustrated by decisions that I'm sure are happening behind the scenes.

I'm super jealous of your Rivian! If I could rewind a couple of years, I would have preordered. By all accounts it's an amazing truck.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I am picking up my Rivian soon. I bet the software in that thing is just as flaky.
I am also a Rivian fan. As you probably know, it has a serious vampire drain issue. I have not ordered one yet, and now that issue is making me think twice if I want to or not. Losing 2-4 kWh a day is a huge problem IMO. What happens when you leave your car at the airport for four days? Will it be charged enough to get you home? Or will it die in the parking lot? Tesla has had the same issue, but I think they have improved it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I’m not sure who programmed the car to even make this possible.

What this car DESPERATELY needs is a “default” setting……… for everything.

Why does it have to try to be smart to recognize and pick profiles, phones, settings, what shows up on the screen???

I should be able to just tell the car to go to the same settings….. every time…….. unless I manually select something different.

Not many people share a car evenly with other drivers. It’s driver 1 95% of the time….. then a guest the other 5.
Sounds like turning off profiles will get you what you want.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds like turning off profiles will get you what you want.
Will it? I honestly haven’t tried that.

What I want-

When I get in the car, it goes to my seat position, all my radio presets are there, my last used mode is there (engage, 1PD off etc) it connects to my phone for CarPlay and phone calls, and when I get out, it does easy exit.

Then when my wife gets in the car and drives, she can hit a button that goes to all her settings.

Will turning off profiles allow this, or will I always be stuck with guest (which doesn’t seem to allow all those settings)?

Sounds what I really want is for profiles to work! But if turning them off yields the results I like for now…. I’m game.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

What I want-

When I get in the car, it goes to my seat position, all my radio presets are there, my last used mode is there (engage, 1PD off etc) it connects to my phone for CarPlay and phone calls, and when I get out, it does easy exit.

Then when my wife gets in the car and drives, she can hit a button that goes to all her settings.

Will turning off profiles allow this, or will I always be stuck with guest (which doesn’t seem to allow all those settings)?
Turning off profiles will make it so that all of your settings are there all the time. But it will mean that your wife's settings will be there none of the time.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Turning off profiles will make it so that all of your settings are there all the time. But it will mean that your wife's settings will be there none of the time.
Dang, but honestly I may go that route because it’s better than the profile mess going on now.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag

What I want-

Sounds what I really want is for profiles to work! But if turning them off yields the results I like for now…. I’m game.
I just want profiles to work... we are coming up on a year that this has been a known issue... maybe the bubble the devs live in means they don't know about it... but shesh... this is what OTA is for.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just want profiles to work... we are coming up on a year that this has been a known issue... maybe the bubble the devs live in means they don't know about it... but shesh... this is what OTA is for.
Update-

Not sure why I didn’t think of this temporary workaround before-

I set all guest settings the same as my profile setttings.

That way if it’s guest or me…… doesn’t matter.

Doesn’t help my wife if she drives, but at least it will work most of the time.
Sponsored