Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wow...took this video for me to realize there was an embossed mustang on the underside of the hood (or is it called a frunk cover?). Never realized that before ... guess I need to look up more.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Fun video to watch Rob. Some members mentioned a few places you missed and I have a couple more. Both headlamps and the rear underbody cover (yes you have to get down on your knees to see that one). When I had my Premium I counted 21 ponies. The GT has 20. If you have the Ford all weather cargo mat, you can add one more.

Edit: I should mention that I am counting the two that show up on each display when you get in and start the car.

Last edited:

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Haha, nothing better than people telling the company that designed and developed the product line what does or doesn't belong in that line. Like if someone says you don't "look like a David" or something, but yet that is your name so...

If Ford, or any automaker, decided to not reimagine their biggest nameplates they would go out of business. The Explorer would still be a tip over prone, uncomfortable vehicle for families. The F-150 would could 8 MPG and also be about as comfortable on long drives as a tractor.

But the Explorer is a comfortable family hauler and after the architecture revision to rear drive is decent enough for the off-roading you would do in a $50k vehicle. The F-150 has a hybrid, twin turbo variant that gets fuel mileage the original F-100 could only dream of and the towing numbers to go with it.

So the Mach-E has a battery instead of a V8, it would still walk all over the first Gen Mustang in almost every category, potentially even range based on the fuel tank sizes and fuel economy of the time. :)

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OK you have convinced me. Now tell me where on the outside it says it's a Ford..... (hint - only one place counts).

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
OK you have convinced me. Now tell me where on the outside it says it's a Ford..... (hint - only one place counts).
Ha, not sure the one place but top center of the windshield is the most obvious I can think of. Less obvious is driver side bottom of the windshield.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Ha, not sure the one place but top center of the windshield is the most obvious I can think of. Less obvious is driver side bottom of the windshield.
There are also two spots in the back of the car. But you’ll need magnifying glasses to se the Ford Logo.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
This is too funny. I just drove to a town in the George mountains called Blue Ridge, from the atlanta suburbs. At every stop I was answering questions about it from intrigued walkers. One lady asked me "what year is this?". I said 2022. She looked very confused for a few seconds. I said "it's an electric Mustang". She replied "fully electric?". She thought it as a 2023 ICE first model or something. And most people don't even immediately notice it's 4-door because of the lack of handles. Another one asked "is this a mustang?". I gotta tell you, everyone loved it, especially the cyber orange, which doesn't even try to be discrete, if you know what I mean. Of course, no dcfc within 70 miles. I think I just saw one tesla in more than 3 hours.
So many untapped markets. This car appeals to people, way more than other EVs, way more than teslas. The haters soften once they see it.

Last edited: