A76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD Extended Range MME Premium
Country flag
I have been looking for ways to really make my Infinite Blue Metallic color pop and I think this side marker tint did a good job of taking the 'edge' off of the bright orange but still allowed for the marker to work as needed.

I got this tint from Lamin-X where it was pre-cut and it was installed in 10 minutes including removing bubbles and ensuring the film was smooth all around.

Some before and after photos:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Quick little mod - Tinted Side Markers Before Closer

Ford Mustang Mach-E Quick little mod - Tinted Side Markers After Closer

Ford Mustang Mach-E Quick little mod - Tinted Side Markers Before

Ford Mustang Mach-E Quick little mod - Tinted Side Markers After Close

If interested, there's a 20% discount using my referral link: http://laminx.refr.cc/tomf

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Ah, nice. I had a Civic Si which had similarly loud orange markers. There was an aftermarket clear cover and orange LED that was easy enough to swap out. Would love to do something similar to the Mach-E, but tinting would surely help in the short-term.

OP
OP
A76marine

A76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah, nice. I had a Civic Si which had similarly loud orange markers. There was an aftermarket clear cover and orange LED that was easy enough to swap out. Would love to do something similar to the Mach-E, but tinting would surely help in the short-term.

They do offer a couple levels of tint, I went with the lesser amount. Blacked out wouldn't have worked with the IBM in my opinion.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yeah, white would actually be nice because it would match the tail lights.

I am not sure I can tint those here, given how the cops in my town just love to issue "fix-it" tickets. I probably won't tint them whenever I get my MME. Looks great on @A76marine car.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
So searching by model on their site has Mustang but no Mach E

Edit: Nevermind, they're all grouped together. That'll make some people irritated

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dark blue car at night in the rain with blacked out tail lights and side markers. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I have been looking for ways to really make my Infinite Blue Metallic color pop and I think this side marker tint did a good job of taking the 'edge' off of the bright orange but still allowed for the marker to work as needed.

I got this tint from Lamin-X where it was pre-cut and it was installed in 10 minutes including removing bubbles and ensuring the film was smooth all around.

Some before and after photos:

If interested, there's a 20% discount using my referral link: http://laminx.refr.cc/tomf
Looks good! Have you tested the reflectors to be sure they still work as intended? Any significant difference noticed in the amount of light reflected back?

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
Dark blue car at night in the rain with blacked out tail lights and side markers. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.
I've never once noticed a car at night due to reflectors. Don't see a huge advantage of having them. It might help some in very certain conditions but I have never noticed them. Ic it must be a new thing cars must have. I can say the ones on gmc trucks look terrible.

I like the smoked look! I hope they blend on the cyber Orange color

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I've never once noticed a car at night due to reflectors. Don't see a huge advantage of having them. It might help some in very certain conditions but I have never noticed them. Ic it must be a new thing cars must have. I can say the ones on gmc trucks look terrible.

I like the smoked look! I hope they blend on the cyber Orange color
Yeah, I had tinted reflectors and tails on my last car and never got in an accident. That car was charcoal grey. I just ordered a full set (markers and tail lights) for my Cyber Orange GT coming in. I went with "Gunsmoke" which is their 'medium' tint. I've used Lamin-X before. It's quality vinyl and doesn't really impede light that much

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
Yeah, I had tinted reflectors and tails on my last car and never got in an accident. That car was charcoal grey. I just ordered a full set (markers and tail lights) for my Cyber Orange GT coming in. I went with "Gunsmoke" which is their 'medium' tint. I've used Lamin-X before. It's quality vinyl and doesn't really impede light that much
So what did u get side marker kit, tail light kit,rear market kit ?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
OP
OP
A76marine

A76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks good! Have you tested the reflectors to be sure they still work as intended? Any significant difference noticed in the amount of light reflected back?
I did, I tried to capture it on camera but wasn't coming through correctly.

I'll try a video next.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I always buy my tinting for the lights/reflectors from Anchor Room. They don't have individual items you can purchase like Dave listed above. You have to buy the entire kit which covers every light/reflector on the exterior and it costs $67 so not too bad. I used the tints for the four wheel arch reflectors, rear bumper reflectors, third brake light and reverse light. I did not use the front head light and rear tail light tints because I like that clear look and sent them to another forum member that wanted to use those on his car.

http://www.anchor-room.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1031&search=mach+e

Ford Mustang Mach-E Quick little mod - Tinted Side Markers NZ7_5412D

Ford Mustang Mach-E Quick little mod - Tinted Side Markers NZ7_6442D