Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Delta4x4 / a German offroader aftermarket part company will develop an Liftkit for the Mach-E!
What about for lowering? I think I might prefer it lowered than lifted.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Keep in mind that changing the static height of a vehicle that is not suspended on live axles (i.e. has independent suspension) will change the static alignment of the wheels. Highly recommended to check/redo the static alignment once your springs are in place.

Additionally, changing the static ride height more than a little may require relocating the suspension pickup points, as the operating angle of the control arms will be outside of design tolerance. This would also require relocating the steering rack to maintain the proper tie rod to control arm relationship.

Just guessing by looking at pictures (I probably won't see my MME until September or later), increasing the loaded spring height by 3/4" probably won't take you out of the static design window. Increasing your loaded spring height can be accomplished in one of several ways. You could go with a higher spring rate with the same free length, the same spring rate with a longer free length, or a softer spring with a longer still free length. Decades ago there used to be companies who could shorten or lengthen an existing spring and re-temper it. I have been out of the loop on this kind of modification for a while, so I'm not sure if there are companies that still do that (I am assuming that liability issues killed a lot of those companies).

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
What about for lowering? I think I might prefer it lowered than lifted.
The route that you take depends on whether you want to stiffen your spring rate or leave it where it is and by how much you want to lower the vehicle. Most aftermarket spring companies will offer a lowering spring that has a much higher than stock rate spring, which leads to a harsher ride and can lead to the tire not being able to maintain contact during rapid undulation. I went through several sets of springs on one of my older cars trying to find just the right combination, but the aftermarket eluded me. I ended up junkyarding springs with the same diameter, similar free winding angle, and slightly larger wire diameter, then cutting them to the proper length to get the rate that I wanted.

MSP Mach E

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2013 Brammo Empulse R
Country flag
I just saw this feed so I thought I would chime in...

The MOST Important thing to consider when modifying the height with either a lift or lowering kit, or even a wheel diameter change is the ADAS Features on the vehicle. If you raise your vehicle 2 inches or worse lower it, your ADAS sensors are not looking at the target field they were programed to search. That can be anything from cars, pedestrians, to other objects like bicyclists.

ADAS Calibrations are relatively new and the industry is growing rapidly. If you make a height mod, or pull any body panel that has an ADAS feature on it to do work on it (paint, wrap, etc), you will most likely want to check and see if you will need to recalibrate the vehicle.

If you do need to recalibrate your Mustang, go to a collision repair center or dedicated calibration center. You can also go to the dealer, but it will take longer, cost you more, and in some cases not be done correctly. Body type repairs and calibrations are not what dealers are designed to do.

Just so you know I am not making this up, I own a software company serving the collision industry where we focus on pulling the ADAS features off cars an identifying the calibration required based on the repairs to the vehicle. The Mustang is LOADED with ADAS features and any tweaks to the parameters in which the vehicle was designed to operate or the areas of the car that contain the ADAS features, will require re-calibrations. SAFETY FIRST...

note: I have not looked up the repair procedures on the Mustang yet (I know, stupid since I own one), but I will try to get them this week and report back on what the calibration procedures include.

Last edited:

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I just saw this feed so I thought I would chime in...

The MOST Important thing to consider when modifying the height with either a lift or lowering kit, or even a wheel diameter change is the ADAS Features on the vehicle. If you raise your vehicle 2 inches or worse lower it, your ADAS sensors are not looking at the target field they were programed to search. That can be anything from cars, pedestrians, to other objects like bicyclists.

ADAS Calibrations are relatively new and the industry is growing rapidly. If you make a height mod, or pull any body panel that has an ADAS feature on it to do work on it (paint, wrap, etc), you will most likely want to check and see if you will need to recalibrate the vehicle.
Thanks for the heads up - this will be my first vehicle with any advanced sensing features like this so they aren’t really at the top of my mind.

I’d love any additional info on calibration - unfortunately it sounds expensive... Hopefully over time there will be some acceptable DIY methods like we have for TPMS.

I suspect that a lot of people will go for a minor lowering - 0.75-1.00” just for the look. I doubt many people will actually lift it, though a few nuts will probably go for it. The most I might actually try would be to go with a larger diameter for my winter tires (drop to 18” wheel, increase tire diameter), after I get the car and can take some measurements on fender wall and lip clearance, but the total change will probably be less than 0.6”.

Shogga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Kuga
Country flag
Update:
+35mm liftkit will drop roundabout July from Delta4x4 www.instagram.com/delta4x4.electric/
www.instagram.com/delta4x4/
www.delta4x4.com
with for example 265/60R18 tires you'll receive +5.75cm ground clearance!

roundabout -35mm liftkit will be developed from Loder1899
www.instagram.com/loder1899/
www.loder1899.com

First real world pictures and offroadshots of the lifted Version will drop roundabout mid June!

I´,m the photographer at both Companies and can provide up to date information if you need some more information :)
Also if you got wishes like wide body kits for the Mach-E or spoilers or Roofracks or something else which doesn't exist so far - feel free to write it down here or send an DM to one of the Instagram Accounts.
We´ll check if that is possible then :)

and @MSP Mach E - true! safety first!! thank you for providing all those Information

lifted.jpg

lowered.jpg

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Update:
+35mm liftkit will drop roundabout July from Delta4x4 www.instagram.com/delta4x4.electric/
www.instagram.com/delta4x4/
www.delta4x4.com
with for example 265/60R18 tires you'll receive +5.75cm ground clearance!

roundabout -35mm liftkit will be developed from Loder1899
www.instagram.com/loder1899/
www.loder1899.com

First real world pictures and offroadshots of the lifted Version will drop roundabout mid June!

I´,m the photographer at both Companies and can provide up to date information if you need some more information :)
Also if you got wishes like wide body kits for the Mach-E or spoilers or Roofracks or something else which doesn't exist so far - feel free to write it down here or send an DM to one of the Instagram Accounts.
We´ll check if that is possible then :)

and @MSP Mach E - true! safety first!! thank you for providing all those Information

Ford Mustang Mach-E Raising / lowering the Mach-E clearance lowered

Ford Mustang Mach-E Raising / lowering the Mach-E clearance lowered
Is the second picture with it lowered? Or did they announce if there will be a lower kit?

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Also, yes I'm interested in spoiler and body kits. But mostly spoilers and lower kits are the 2 I'm trying to do.

Shogga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Kuga
Country flag
Is the second picture with it lowered? Or did they announce if there will be a lower kit?
if you hover over the picture you see the Name of the picture.
In theory those 3 are
- stock
- +35mm (compared to stock)
- -35mm (compared to stock)

I'll add soon realistic size tires on the lowered and the lifted version to see the final height and the final fit of the lowered version :)

stock_.jpg

lifted.jpg

lowered.jpg

Silver Lake

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250 , Honda Crosstour, Rapid Red AWD ER 7/15/21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone had any experience with the SPACCER?
Their web site says:
Ford Mustang
We offer lift kits for all models from Ford:
Vehicle heightening kit for more ground clearance. A SPACCER®-heightening set consists of two SPACCERs. One for the left and one for the right wheel of each axle. The patented SPACCER® can be stacked on top of each other and thus allow a step-by-step raising of 12mm (1 set = 2 SPACCER®) / 24mm (2 set = 4 SPACCERs) / 36mm (3 set = 6 SPACCERs) / 48mm (4 set = 8 SPACCERs). The SPACCER® are black anodized and thus blend in visually discreetly with the strut/spring. Quality Made in Germany.

I really need about one inch more to get in and out of my driveway in the winter.

Silver Lake

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Shogga,
Any news on the Delta lift kit?

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Has anyone had any experience with the SPACCER?
Their web site says:
Ford Mustang
We offer lift kits for all models from Ford:
Vehicle heightening kit for more ground clearance. A SPACCER®-heightening set consists of two SPACCERs. One for the left and one for the right wheel of each axle. The patented SPACCER® can be stacked on top of each other and thus allow a step-by-step raising of 12mm (1 set = 2 SPACCER®) / 24mm (2 set = 4 SPACCERs) / 36mm (3 set = 6 SPACCERs) / 48mm (4 set = 8 SPACCERs). The SPACCER® are black anodized and thus blend in visually discreetly with the strut/spring. Quality Made in Germany.

I really need about one inch more to get in and out of my driveway in the winter.
Hi, I’m wondering if you ever pulled the trigger on the SPACCER kits? I have experience with similar lift as I did a body lift on my Nissan Frontier, which is the same as what the SPACCER is doing. My experience was good, but it was also a body on frame truck. So not sure if it would produce the same results.

I have a very similar situation to you. I live at the end of a 1/4 mile gravel driveway and frequently go mountain biking which often involves dirt roads. I’m a little concerned with the ride height being so low and would definitely prefer ~7-8” of clearance. I will probably go to a machine shop to get the spacer made from a solid block of aluminum with studs like I had on the frontier.. seems safer and better design to me. It’s easy enough to install and remove also. Jack up the corner and remove a few bolts and slide in/out the spacer. I don’t own a Mach-E yet, but as long as the dealer doesn’t sell the vehicle before I get up there next week I should have one next Tuesday to start tinkering with!

Not sure I understand why everyone is now buying an SUV to use as a sports car.. and wish it didn’t reduce the utility so much to accommodate that trend, but that’s where the market took us! Can’t wait until the Lightning comes out to allow me to have the vehicle type I was really looking for!

Silver Lake

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi, I’m wondering if you ever pulled the trigger on the SPACCER kits? I have experience with similar lift as I did a body lift on my Nissan Frontier, which is the same as what the SPACCER is doing. My experience was good, but it was also a body on frame truck. So not sure if it would produce the same results.

I have a very similar situation to you. I live at the end of a 1/4 mile gravel driveway and frequently go mountain biking which often involves dirt roads. I’m a little concerned with the ride height being so low and would definitely prefer ~7-8” of clearance. I will probably go to a machine shop to get the spacer made from a solid block of aluminum with studs like I had on the frontier.. seems safer and better design to me. It’s easy enough to install and remove also. Jack up the corner and remove a few bolts and slide in/out the spacer. I don’t own a Mach-E yet, but as long as the dealer doesn’t sell the vehicle before I get up there next week I should have one next Tuesday to start tinkering with!

Not sure I understand why everyone is now buying an SUV to use as a sports car.. and wish it didn’t reduce the utility so much to accommodate that trend, but that’s where the market took us! Can’t wait until the Lightning comes out to allow me to have the vehicle type I was really looking for!
Sponsored