Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For six months we have been quite happy with our MME 4X, PAAK performance not withstanding. We plug in every night and charge to 90%. Our range at 90% charge level has been in the 270 mile range. Suddenly, Sunday our range was 233 and has remained in that area since. Has anyone had this experience? Any ideas?
We were really pleased with what our range looked like until now.
Sponsored

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
What are you getting at 100%? Curious what others are reporting. For the past month I've been at 303 miles / 487 km.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
For six months we have been quite happy with our MME 4X, PAAK performance not withstanding. We plug in every night and charge to 90%. Our range at 90% charge level has been in the 270 mile range. Suddenly, Sunday our range was 233 and has remained in that area since. Has anyone had this experience? Any ideas?
Mine did a similar thing last week, but I ignore the displayed range like others have posted.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ulate-how-far-your-mach-e-can-really-go.6104/

If you're miles per kWh usage rate has not changed in the past week then your actual range you can travel has not changed either.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Ours dropped a little after doing a road trip but it still showed almost 300 miles after a 100% charge last week. Our actual range has been pretty close to the EPA estimate of 270 with a mixture of city and highway driving.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
What everyone else said in this thread is spot on. Also, did you just happen to have a very spirited, high-speed, long drive before it dropped? It might have seen you zooming around as "well, I guess THIS is how they're driving now" and punished the GOM number to reflect the absolute fun you were having in your MME.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
What everyone else said in this thread is spot on. Also, did you just happen to have a very spirited, high-speed, long drive before it dropped? It might have seen you zooming around as "well, I guess THIS is how they're driving now" and punished the GOM number to reflect the absolute fun you were having in your MME.
Road trips will do this, so will some updates via PowerUp or at a dealer if they reset the range data. Remember, this is just the guess-o-meter talking.

OP
OP

Beachcats

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks to everyone for the responses. Unfortunately, largely because of COVID-19, we only do local driving and we have not been "zooming around". We really look forward to some day trips and road trips. We were so happy with our earlier range figures which extrapolated to 300+ mile range on a full charge. We have not charged to 100%.

I already have a service appt tomorrow so I'll see what my dealer says.

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What are you getting at 100%? Curious what others are reporting. For the past month I've been at 303 miles / 487 km.
Charging to 100% consistently is bad. Google lithium ion batteries. RTFM, it says only charge to 90% most of the time.

The Guess O' Meter is just that...just like on an ICE vehicle. If it says you have 30 mi of "gas" left, don't listen to it. Know that 10% of a 10 gallon tank is 1 gallon, and if you're currently only getting like 15mpg because you're going uphill, you're not making it 30 miles. If you have about 20kwh left in your battery, and you're currently getting 3.2 mi/kwh ... The GOM is just a tool to help you ESTIMATE things.

Last point...the phrase "Your mileage may vary"

OP
OP

Beachcats

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks to everyone for the responses. Unfortunately, largely because of COVID-19, we only do local driving and we have not been "zooming around". We really look forward to some day trips and road trips. We were so happy with our earlier range figures which extrapolated to 300+ mile range on a full charge. We have not charged to 100%.

I already have a service appt tomorrow so I'll see what my dealer says.
I feel my dealer is trying. They do the updates that Ford tells them to do. They even made a second fob for me since PAAK doesn't work. Sadly, after their service, our PAAK still only works about 10% of the time. The diminished range? They just said it was within specs. We're monitoring and tracking the range data closely.

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
it's okay to charge to 100% if you have a big day and top off just before you leave. that last part is the key. but for every day "not gonna need the entire tank" going to 90 is fine.

some Li cork sniffers (i mean that in the best possible way) will only charge to 60 in fear their battery will lose capacity quicker. seems like fulgercarb to me, but to each their own.

but i was going to echo what @Trede posted about ICE cars. my car doesn't achieve near the rating, and never has. nor any other i've ever owned.

it's going to change based on how it's being driven, and those changes will arrive in bumps up or down. just use it as a gage and not an absolute.

stratigary

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Country flag
Mine did the exact same thing 2 weeks ago. I plugged it in when I got home and charged to 90% before I went to bed and it said the range was about 275ish. Right before I went to bed my wife mentioned having to drive quite a bit tomorrow so I told the app to charge it to 100%. When she got in the car the next day the car was charged to 100% but only had a range of 255miles.

Since that time the range has been around 250 for 90% charge so I think its coming back slightly. As a note, I have updates set to happen early Saturday mornings and this range decrease happened Saturday night.

OP
OP

Beachcats

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine did the exact same thing 2 weeks ago. I plugged it in when I got home and charged to 90% before I went to bed and it said the range was about 275ish. Right before I went to bed my wife mentioned having to drive quite a bit tomorrow so I told the app to charge it to 100%. When she got in the car the next day the car was charged to 100% but only had a range of 255miles.

Since that time the range has been around 250 for 90% charge so I think its coming back slightly. As a note, I have updates set to happen early Saturday mornings and this range decrease happened Saturday night.
Mine is averaging in the mid to high 260s which I know they will say "within specs" but my concern is what happened after about five months of showing a range around 300 miles it dropped to about 250 and that was after a day when my charger light, which had always been blue, alternated frequently during the day between blue and orange. What happened that day...

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Mine is averaging in the mid to high 260s which I know they will say "within specs" but my concern is what happened after about five months of showing a range around 300 miles it dropped to about 250 and that was after a day when my charger light, which had always been blue, alternated frequently during the day between blue and orange. What happened that day...
The estimated range (guess-o-meter) is highly inaccurate and overly conservative, although colder weather does reduce battery efficiency - however a little cooler won't do much. It is meaningless that your GOM dropped the projected range; it is likely as a result of the GOM overcompensating for slightly cooler weather. Your car is not broken; it will go further than the GOM says.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ulate-how-far-your-mach-e-can-really-go.6104/

Dylancch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
ith what our ra
233 is probably more realistic, as long as your percent per trip doesnt change than dont worry about it. im guessing the car updated mine changes from day to day, depending on weather.
Sponsored