Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
The Mach E will have 370 miles WLTP range. What do you think that will translate to in EPA range? Here is the chart listing the different manufacturers WLTP to EPA:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range Speculation! WLTP vs EPA 1602859844674
Sponsored

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I think it's 379 now??

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
Which trim are we talking about?

I'll go for about 320 WLTP and 270 EPA for the extended range, based only on zhackwyatt's post of real world observations, and my assumption that what they're displaying at dealerships is pretty close to production.

* It's an extended range AWD premium, showing 268 miles of range.

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Honestly, with how much disappointment has been expressed here since last thursday, let's just tone down the hyperbole a bit and hope they simply hit their targets.
Yeah - people will be and should happy with announced ranges - plus minus 10 miles wont make a difference in real life unless its the last few miles to a charger :)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yeah - people will be and should happy with announced ranges - plus minus 10 miles wont make a difference in real life unless its the last few miles to a charger :)
I was gonna be happy with 150 range, before Mach-E details were announced. I just hope Ford is able to deliver the estimated 230 mile range on the model I ordered since now I'm looking forward to it. :)

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
A direct comparison between the EPA combined range and WLTP range isn't that useful if you're more interested in freeway driving. For this purpose the more significant number is the EPA Highway number. The chart is quite instructive in this regard. If there is a big divergence and the WLTP overstates the EPA range, then, as with the Taycan, the EPA combined number is a good approximation of freeway driving. If it strongly resembles the EPA Combined number as with the Teslas, then the EPA combined number is going to overstate the range in freeway driving.

All this is saying of course is (1) the EPA Highway number will better predict freeway range than the EPA City number; and (2) the WLTP number will look more like the EPA City number than the EPA Highway number.

The problem is that we won't know how the EPA combined number compares to the WTLP number until the EPA numbers are release, and when they are released we can directly compare the City and Highway MPGe numbers which will tell us what we want to know. Basically pay less attention to the Combined number and focus on the Highway number,

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Honestly, with how much disappointment has been expressed here since last thursday, let's just tone down the hyperbole a bit and hope they simply hit their targets.
Personally, I don’t think hitting the targets is going to be an issue. If there’s a miss, I’d bet it’s on the high side.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mark360

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
What disappointment?
Sponsored