Rear ended ($4k in damages) Emergency Brake Assist

Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I was rear ended leaving an event last month. The driver hit and run me but I found him thru his license plate. He and his 3 occupants lied that I left the scene and I went in reverse when everyone was leaving the congested garage. Is there any software diagnostics that would show emergency brake assist is on and prove I did not reverse. The adjusters canā€™t make a decision and said he said she said. I feel his insurance should be liable for damaging my MME.
Sponsored

areacode413

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Do you have comprehensive? Ya it sucks if your rates go up if you were not at fault. I miss the days of 500 dollar bumper replacements. Tell you what has a great bumper. Jeep wranglers. They actually work and prevent major repairs.

AtomicInternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Mach E Premium
Country flag
Post in your event space asking for witnesses. Those are better than car software logs. Your insurance or police should know a way to get the impact information from your car, also go to your dealer. I don't know how long that info hangs around in your car.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I was rear ended leaving an event last month. The driver hit and run me but I found him thru his license plate. He and his 3 occupants lied that I left the scene and I went in reverse when everyone was leaving the congested garage. Is there any software diagnostics that would show emergency brake assist is on and prove I did not reverse. The adjusters canā€™t make a decision and said he said she said. I feel his insurance should be liable for damaging my MME.
Unless the accident involved a fatality, no one will dig that deeply into it.

The only way to prove fault and ā€œwho leftā€ would have been a police report.

If you get into a hit and run, make sure to stay put, wait for the police to show up and fill out a report. Use that for your insurance company to go after the other persons insurance.

I have been there unfortunately. But in my situation the person who left had no insurance and I had to pay my deductible anyways.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Collision Science do a kit to enable downloading the crash data which, importantly includes the last 5 seconds pre-crash data showing transmission selection, throttle position, brake pedal operation amongst other channels of data at either half second or 0.2 second intervals in that 5 seconds pre-crash period which ought to prove exactly what you were doing in that 5 seconds pre-crash.

Alternatively, get a collision investigator to do this for you.

If you were closer Iā€™d do it for you at cost price for the data.

OP
OP

Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
They told me to fill out report online. I also called 911. Cops wonā€™t come out for private property.

If you get into a hit and run, make sure to stay put, wait for the police to show up and fill out a report. Use that for your insurance company to go after the other persons insurance.

I have been there unfortunately. But in my situation the person who left had no insurance and I had to pay my deductible anyways.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
They told me to fill out report online. I also called 911. Cops wonā€™t come out for private property.
Weird. Itā€™s different in Florida. They come to every accident, private property or not.

You can try to file a claim against their insurance.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Weird. Itā€™s different in Florida. They come to every accident, private property or not.

Yeah, a lot of localities in California wonā€™t send a cop for property damage. I had to go to the police station to get a report when my front bumper got vandalized. On the bright side, a lot of cops got to look at my car close-up and they learned that my front license plate wrap is legal. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Exactly. If youā€™re ever struck, move the vehicle to the side of the road, if possible and if on a major highway. Otherwise, turn off the vehicle, set the brake, and call 911 to get the police there for a report. Take photographs with your phone and exchange details with the other party (assuming theyā€™re still there). Also, many places have security cameras now. A buddy of mine was hit by a BMW that flew through a stop sign without slowing. BMW driver claimed he came to a complete stop, then proceeded slowly through the intersection and that my buddy drove through without looking. Conveniently, this happened where there was a business right at the intersection that had a ton of security cameras. The cops knew the owner well (lots of accidents) so they went and asked the owners if they could review the footage. Needless to say, after looking at the footage, they were not happy with the BMW driver (do NOT blatantly lie to the police).

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
The driver hit and run me but I found him thru his license plate.
Will he be going to jail? If you promptly filed your online report and he had to be hunted down with a plate number, it should be clear who was guilty of leaving the scene.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Itā€™s unfortunate, but in this day and age, a dashcam is a must. It should be built into the car like Teslas

OP
OP

Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag

I had uninsured driver hit me when I was young in FL and cops only came out because he didnā€™t exchange info. In both accidents my car had more damage than the careless driver.

OP
OP

Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Will he be going to jail? If you promptly filed your online report and he had to be hunted down with a plate number, it should be clear who was guilty of leaving the scene.
I called 911 immediately and filed report the same hour. He didnā€™t go to jail and lied and said I left scene and put my car in reverse.

Efthreeoh

First Name
IKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fordson
Occupation
Millionaire
Ask the landlord of the parking garage if they have a camera at the exit location. If they do, the footage may be stored on their cloud server.
Sponsored