Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Anyone adjusted theirs yet? I've got a solid finger gap on the driver's side and a 1/4 gap on the passenger side. I'll take to dealer to adjust if it's not immediately obvious how to do so.
Sponsored

HOFMACHFE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt 2017, Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Anyone adjusted theirs yet? I've got a solid finger gap on the driver's side and a 1/4 gap on the passenger side. I'll take to dealer to adjust if it's not immediately obvious how to do so.
When I took delivery of my MME FE it had the same problem. The back spoiler at top of hatch was also about 3/8" below roof. Dealer agreed to have local body shop realign hatch. Not a simple job as they had to shim the hinges and align everything. Looks much better.
I doubt dealer will be able to correct it unless they have body shop. It is a warranty issue and should not be misaligned.

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Jesus that was a time suck. Done now. The two attachment points with 4 12mm bolts had to be loosened, I had to push the hatch up and hold it tight to get the bolts to slide all the way back. Then there are 4 bumper stops, two on the sides and two on the bottom. All needed to be adjusted to tweak the hatch to get the lines perfect. It's still maybe 1mm off but good enough you can't visually see a difference without really staring at it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear hatch adjust left to right alignment 1634783274129

Last edited:

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Thanks for the tips. Mine is making an awful rubbing groan after it opens more the 30%, looks like its the rubber at the top inside spoiler rubbing into the opening. Hopefully adjusting the hinges up will not be as bad since the alignment seems pretty good everywhere else.

Jesus that was a time suck. Done now. The two attachment points with 4 12mm bolts had to be loosened, I had to push the hatch up and hold it tight to get the bolts to slide all the way back. Then there are 4 bumper stops, two on the sides and two on the bottom. All needed to be adjusted to tweak the hatch to get the lines perfect. It's still maybe 1mm off but good enough you can't visually see a difference without really staring at it.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear hatch adjust left to right alignment 1634783274129
Did you fix it all by yourself?

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Can you make a guide, or is it super obvious when I get up in there?
You can't miss it. Two hinges and 4 bolts. Make sure lift gate is all the way up, loosen bolts, push up/forward on hatch towards front of car all the way. Tighten and check fit...then slowly inch it back to find the best position. Lots of tightening and loosening. For me best fit was both sides almost all the way forward

Last edited:

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
You can't miss it. Two hinges and 4 bolts. Make sure lift gate is all the way up, loosen bolts, push up/forward on hatch towards front of car all the way. Tighten and check fit...then slowly inch it back to find the best position. Lots of tightening and loosening. For me best for was both sides almost all the way forward
I hope that mine is aligned right when I pick it up. I will push back on the dealer and ask them to fix it as a warranty issue. As others on the forum have expressed, dealers fixing issues sometimes span into days and weeks. I can always try to fix it at home, but only as a last choice. I expect some form of minimal service for the cost of a $70K car. Not trying to be a "Ken" and expecting perfection, just want some quality.

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I hope that mine is aligned right when I pick it up. I will push back on the dealer and ask them to fix it as a warranty issue. As others on the forum have expressed, dealers fixing issues sometimes span into days and weeks. I can always try to fix it at home, but only as a last choice. I expect some form of minimal service for the cost of a $70K car. Not trying to be a "Ken" and expecting perfection, just want some quality.
Totally get it but expectations and reality are different and the reality is it's probably going to be off and you can either let the dealer address it based on expectations and deal with it being half assed and take forever or take it on yourself even though you believe you shouldn't. That's more being a realist.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Mine was off. Dealer made an appointment for 8:00AM the next day. Called me at 9:30 to say it was ready. Includes transit time to and from body shop. Job was well done.

Not all dealers are the same.

Frenzyguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Mine is off, went to the dealer twice, first time they adjusted left to right alignement, but it fucked up the roof to spoiler alignement, took it back in, they sent it to the body shop, they aligned the roof back, but the left to right gap was fucked up again. Dunno what to do with this honestly.
Sponsored