Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e, Kia Telluride
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The first night I had my MME, I was going to back out of my drive away and I noticed two people standing directly behind me. Like maybe 3 feet from the back of my car. The sensors never alerted me to the fact that there was someone standing directly behind the car. Had I only relied on them, I would have run them over. This has bothered me, so today, I did a test with my wife walking behind the car and the rear sensors dangerously insensitive. The sensors didn't detect her until she was practically touching the car. She tried walking by on the side walk. The sensors didn't detect her walking by until she had almost passed the car. I don't know that I've ever heard it ding that a car is coming.

I looked for a setting to increase the sensitivity but I can't find one. My 2018 Equinox that I just got rid had no issues with this. My wife's Kia Telluride is overly sensitive and it will alert to any and all things in it's proximity. Is this just how this car is or does it need to go into the shop?
Sponsored

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
The first night I had my MME, I was going to back out of my drive away and I noticed two people standing directly behind me. Like maybe 3 feet from the back of my car. The sensors never alerted me to the fact that there was someone standing directly behind the car. Had I only relied on them, I would have run them over. This has bothered me, so today, I did a test with my wife walking behind the car and the rear sensors dangerously insensitive. The sensors didn't detect her until she was practically touching the car. She tried walking by on the side walk. The sensors didn't detect her walking by until she had almost passed the car. I don't know that I've ever heard it ding that a car is coming.

I looked for a setting to increase the sensitivity but I can't find one. My 2018 Equinox that I just got rid had no issues with this. My wife's Kia Telluride is overly sensitive and it will alert to any and all things in it's proximity. Is this just how this car is or does it need to go into the shop?
I'd check with the dealer. I know on mine they are sensitive. I was slowly backing out of the garage and my wife checked to see what I was doing. She stepped in my path and the car braked and sounded the brake assist alarm.

OP
OP

6AM

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'd check with the dealer. I know on mine they are sensitive. I was slowly backing out of the garage and my wife checked to see what I was doing. She stepped in my path and the car braked and sounded the brake assist alarm.
Hmmm... I'm thinking about resetting the whole thing since I can't get PAAK working at all, either.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Hmmm... I'm thinking about resetting the whole thing since I can't get PAAK working at all, either.
There's a recall out for PAAK. Take the car to the dealer and get the recall/updates done as well as having them look at the backup sensor. @Mach-E VLOG is correct, mine is quite sensitive as well, have yours checked out.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
There's a recall out for PAAK. Take the car to the dealer and get the recall/updates done as well as having them look at the backup sensor. @Mach-E VLOG is correct, mine is quite sensitive as well, have yours checked out.
Likewise. Mine is so sensitive, it actually brakes for me when there's nothing there some times. Too sensitive.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’ll fourth that my backup sensors don’t like anything crossing into their path, whether a pedestrian passing close behind me in a parking lot or a car coming up from pretty far away on the other side of the road as I back out of my driveway.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
My car auto braked today because there was a bucket in my garage. It was against the part of the wall between the two garage doors. It’s been there for 2 days. Today, my car decided the bucket was in danger and while it didn’t warn me with a chime before hand, it did autobrake for me. I went from slowly backing into the garage to a dead stop so fast my head snapped backward and hit the seat headrest. I don’t know if my angle of approach was different or the bucket moved, but the car was all about protecting the $2.99 harbor freight bucket.

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
My car auto braked today because there was a bucket in my garage. It was against the part of the wall between the two garage doors. It’s been there for 2 days. Today, my car decided the bucket was in danger and while it didn’t warn me with a chime before hand, it did autobrake for me. I went from slowly backing into the garage to a dead stop so fast my head snapped backward and hit the seat headrest. I don’t know if my angle of approach was different or the bucket moved, but the car was all about protecting the $2.99 harbor freight bucket.
This has happened a couple of times for me when backing into my garage. I think it gets fooled by the shadow at the threshold of the garage sometimes, but definitely experienced the head-snapping stop. I sometimes turn off the park assist so that I won't get whiplash.

OP
OP

6AM

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I wonder if this auto-stop thing is a Premium trim only thing. I have a Select with the Comfort/Appearance package.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Is there a difference between how it responds to an object that is stationary in the path versus a moving object?

I would think if it is a stationary object it may not respond until there are proximity sensors (like parking in a tight space) where as if it senses someone or something crossing into the path it might respond differently.

Do you have settings for cross traffic alert and reverse brake assist?

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I wonder if this auto-stop thing is a Premium trim only thing. I have a Select with the Comfort/Appearance package.
I too have a Select w/com. appear. pkg and if my old memory is working correctly I have had the auto-stop happen to me as well.....

OP
OP

6AM

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Is there a difference between how it responds to an object that is stationary in the path versus a moving object?

I would think if it is a stationary object it may not respond until there are proximity sensors (like parking in a tight space) where as if it senses someone or something crossing into the path it might respond differently.

Do you have settings for cross traffic alert and reverse brake assist?
It's weird. If I had my wife walk behind the car on the sidewalk, it didn't notice her unless she was practically touching the bumper. Some kids were riding bikes in the street and the car alerted with a cross traffic alert. It makes no sense to me.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
It's weird. If I had my wife walk behind the car on the sidewalk, it didn't notice her unless she was practically touching the bumper. Some kids were riding bikes in the street and the car alerted with a cross traffic alert. It makes no sense to me.
Part of it is based on speed. According to the owners manual the cross traffic alert doesn't work below 4 mph (of the crossing object)

Not sure if this is a limitation of the design or by design. My guess is, at slower speeds they hope a normal driver would notice it in time.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I have lilies growing outside of my garage and some are trying to get on the path of my car. The car is overly protective, braking mercilessly whenever it sees a flower I'm trying to run over.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
The first night I had my MME, I was going to back out of my drive away and I noticed two people standing directly behind me. Like maybe 3 feet from the back of my car. The sensors never alerted me to the fact that there was someone standing directly behind the car. Had I only relied on them, I would have run them over.
I wonder if you run over a pedestrian in an electric car, will you be charged with battery?
Sponsored