Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
It’s not OEM but the trico blade comes with this adapter:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear wiper blade - longer replacement? 56680603-9CD1-456C-B72E-F0A4D724A78A

which you can slide the cover off to reveal it looking like this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear wiper blade - longer replacement? 06C0EFE8-D7F6-4948-B5E4-AD28D41E9638

It then snaps easily but securely to the cross pin on the underside of the wiper arm.
this photos shows the extra coverage. Could still be more but this was the longest rear wiper blade Advance Auto had.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear wiper blade - longer replacement? 79666118-4159-43D6-912E-2EE696ACDC2C

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I would like a longer blade too, to clear more of the top part of the window, as the OP notes.

Pull gently outward away from the center mounting post until the "click" (parallel to window), then pull down away from the arm. So, slide to click, then drop away, which might be a second click.

When I just put it back, I kind of got two snaps, first when I pushed it back up over the post (use a flashlight), and second, when I pushed it back towards the post to re-install.

Some Explorer rear blades were just the one down (away) slot click (without the MME first slide parallel to the window to the first click) which may be why some are breaking. Just pushing down, away, like the old Explorer snap lock, would break the plastic over the MME wiper slot and/or the pin and plastic of the arm.
ok, I appreciate the advice, and it might just be me, but I couldn't possibly follow these directions if my life depended on it. I tuned out before the end of the first sentence. press, pull forward, back, snap, center, reverse, rear, broken... ha.. I'll replace the whole arm. I broke the last one.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Slide outward in the same direction as the arm, then pull off.
No that I can follow.. I can't find a 14-15" Ford OEM blade though. Does the trico swipe below the bottom of the glass in the center? Seem like it might be too long on the inside,

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag

It then snaps easily but securely to the cross pin on the underside of the wiper arm.
this photos shows the extra coverage. Could still be more but this was the longest rear wiper blade Advance Auto had.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear wiper blade - longer replacement? 79666118-4159-43D6-912E-2EE696ACDC2C
What size is that one? Mine is 15" but is not as long to the outer edge as what you show in the picture. Maybe because I now have an explorer arm, I think it may sit lower to begin with. The dealer broke the ME one.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag

How were you able to remove the original blade?
No one else seems to have mastered it yet.
Were you less aggressive and more patient?
I hope it is not as difficult as others have described. This is, after all, routine owner maintenance.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I hope it is not as difficult as others have described. This is, after all, routine owner maintenance.
I think this seems to be the method:

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think this seems to be the method:

NO, that is how to break it. The old Explorer rear wiper blade just pulls off.

The MME original rear wiper has a horizontal slot AND a vertical slot, you first slide it outward in the direct of the wiper arm then pull it off.

The picture is not rotating, standby, I will go make a video.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear wiper blade - longer replacement? Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 3.39.21 PM

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
lift the arm a bit and pull the blade toward the right side of the vehicle until there is a snap. Then pull it toward the window until it clicks again. It takes some slow but strong force.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Thanks.
It appears that the aforementioned dealer was was clueless.
Starting with model year 2018, Ford changed the design of the wiper blade clip.
Should you try to remove the blade the old way you will break one or more parts (eg. the arm, etc.).
This link is a good video demonstration of the previous post by louibluey.
The Trico replacement blade has the older (Ford) clip.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
What are some good options for a longer blade with the proper clip? Or, does that old clip style (e.g. the Trico blade above) also work well enough with the existing arm?

Are there any similar rear window washer arms that do pivot out for window washing?
Sponsored