Rear wiper blade - longer replacement?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So I bought this exact blade. Easy install. Drove in the rain today and the top 3 inches of the area being wiped by the blade was not being cleaned. Appears the blade is not being pressed down hard enough against the rear windshield to be effective. Have you noticed this??? Very noticeable from inside the car.
I did some more testing while driving around so I could use a lot more washer fluid. You're right that there's a section of the arc that doesn't seem to be completely wiped by the blade. For me, it's about 3/4 of the way up above the arm pivot point. It wipes fine above and below this point, but there was still fluid left in this section.

So I tried another 15" blade to see if it was any better. This one is actually much closer in design to the original blade, just longer. I did the same tests and don't see any missed spots anymore. This one appears to be the way to go.

Trico 15-G
Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear wiper blade - longer replacement? 1617996320094

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear wiper blade - longer replacement? 1617996363301

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I did some more testing while driving around so I could use a lot more washer fluid. You're right that there's a section of the arc that doesn't seem to be completely wiped by the blade. For me, it's about 3/4 of the way up above the arm pivot point. It wipes fine above and below this point, but there was still fluid left in this section.

So I tried another 15" blade to see if it was any better. This one is actually much closer in design to the original blade, just longer. I did the same tests and don't see any missed spots anymore. This one appears to be the way to go.

Trico 15-G

I will have to try it. Thanks

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Trico 15-G
1617996320094.png

1617996363301.png
Ordered one, if nothing else, will have the next replacement ready to go.
TRICO Exact Fit 15-G Rear Beam Wiper Blade - 15"
I did notice a missed patch at first with windshield washer, but it seemed to go away, maybe as the blade started to conform to the window (the 55-150). Also, have not tried to use it in actual rain yet.

Reactions: UW2

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Trico 15-G

Just a quick update. We finally got rain today, so I was able to really test the Trico 15-G blade. I can confirm that it clears the full arc of travel with no missed spots. It's orders of magnitude better than the little OEM blade, but I kinda want to see if an even longer one is available that will work. Maybe 16"? I'll check around.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Swapped our trico 15’s for the 15-G. Definitely a better wipe but now my wife says “it doesn’t look like it reaches any more than the blade it came with.” If anyone finds a 16-G, let me know.
She never cared about length this much in the past or we wouldn’t even be married.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Swapped our trico 15’s for the 15-G. Definitely a better wipe but now my wife says “it doesn’t look like it reaches any more than the blade it came with.” If anyone finds a 16-G, let me know.
She never cared about length this much in the past or we wouldn’t even be married.
Is the OEM still on her car? It really is a drastic difference, but another inch would probably be better. I’ve been looking, but I don’t think they make a 16-G. There are other 16” blades, but they don’t look like they’d fit.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Is the OEM still on her car? It really is a drastic difference, but another inch would probably be better. I’ve been looking, but I don’t think they make a 16-G. There are other 16” blades, but they don’t look like they’d fit.
Both cars have gone from OEM to trico 15 to trico 15-g. I think she’s forgotten how what the OEM one was and has therefore lost her frame of reference. I don’t remember where I put the OEM blades to show her the difference. I’ll go look around the garage and see if I still have them.

ComputeAllTheThings

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
What about shifting the bracket/mount point in the wiper to make it offset by a couple inches?

ComputeAllTheThings

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
On the blade itself, the mountpoint is just crimped on, right? I need to go check, but if that could be easily shifted/slid towards one end and recrimped? Probably too much effort when it looks like a 16-G might also fit.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Any tips for sliding the existing blade off? I saw the video on page 2 where you pull firmly to the right, but my blade didn't budge and I didn't want to force it.

Are you supposed to have the assembly raised off the glass?
Sponsored