machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
No invite for me. I’ve been keeping a detailed log of issues, reporting them to dealership and to Ford Customer Service, even started surveys here to rank the popular new features. But nobody at Ford seems to care.
They care, however they don't like to interact with the public consumer.

Keep it up, it's not for nothing.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It does make you wonder what the criteria they have for getting selected is for these.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I called Ford Customer Service to ask about the program. They know nothing about it. Said “Marketing” would know. They transferred me to Marketing. Marketing hasn’t heard of it, either. I said “look, the program exists - it’s just not something you can access, so who can you transfer me to that might know about it?” The answer was literally nowhere. She had nowhere she could refer me to. They cannot transfer me to higher management. Best they can do is put my request into “the supervisor cue and get a call back within 48 hours.” But she warned me, “the supervisor is going to tell you the same thing.” I know better - I won’t even get a call back.

I’m disappointed in Ford. I don’t expect issues to be fixed overnight. I can be very patient, IF somebody would at least acknowledge that they are aware of the issue and working on it. But they won’t even do that. The Sync bugs, screen buzz, FordPass bugs…. crickets. This isn’t a $200 microwave. It’s a $60,000 car. And this is just disrespectful.

I had hoped that early access program might give me the ability to get my input to people who can actually make a difference, but I can’t even get an invite to that.

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It does make you wonder what the criteria they have for getting selected is for these.
Pretty sure the criteria are:
1. You weren’t able to get the OTAs
2 you can’t actually register because your account is hosed up with a mystery “edge”
?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ha-ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is “Never get involved in a land war in Asia,” but only slightly less well known is this... :)

1620846289527.png
Ok, call me stupid, butt I honestly don’t get the meme / cultural reference? Afghanistan?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ok, call me stupid, butt I honestly don’t get the meme / cultural reference? Afghanistan?
Apparently not a “Princess Bride” fan. I will excuse this as it’s a pretty niche cult classic. Others may be less forgiving.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
So, I got the invite, and about 4 hours later got a “successful OTA Update notification. Since I don’t know what was in the update, or if it was even related to the early access invitation, this may be pure wishful thinking on my part.

But after the update it get like the intelligent cruise control was MUCH less harsh when entering a slower speed zone. Going from a 55 MPH zone to a 45 MPH zone felt more like coasting to a lower speed than slamming on the brakes to slow down RIGHT NOW, as I’ve always felt it was trying to do.

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
I called Ford Customer Service to ask about the program. They know nothing about it. Said “Marketing” wouldn’t know. They transferred me to Marketing. Marketing hasn’t heard of it, either. I said “look, the program exists - it’s just not something you can access, so who can you transfer me to that might know about it?” The answer was literally nowhere. She had nowhere she could refer me to. They cannot transfer me to higher management. Best they can do is put my request into “the supervisor cue and get a call back within 48 hours.” But she warned me, “the supervisor is going to tell you the same thing.” I know better - I won’t even get a call back.

I’m disappointed in Ford. I don’t expect issues to be fixed overnight. I can be very patient, IF somebody would at least acknowledge that they are aware of the issue and working on it. But they won’t even do that. The Sync bugs, screen buzz, FordPass bugs…. crickets. This isn’t a $200 microwave. It’s a $60,000 car. And this is just disrespectful.

I had hoped that early access program might give me the ability to get my input to people who can actually make a difference, but I can’t even get an invite to that.
Well, not sure if this helps, but I also received in today's mail the JD Power survey (and payment of $1). I plan on answering the survey, but doing so when I have time to really think through how I want to respond. I suspect that based on numbers alone all Mach E buyers should get the opportunity to fill out this survey.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So, I got the invite, and about 4 hours later got a “successful OTA Update notification. Since I don’t know what was in the update, or if it was even related to the early access invitation, this may be pure wishful thinking on my part.

But after the update it get like the intelligent cruise control was MUCH less harsh when entering a slower speed zone. Going from a 55 MPH zone to a 45 MPH zone felt more like coasting to a lower speed than slamming on the brakes to slow down RIGHT NOW, as I’ve always felt it was trying to do.
I did get two OTAs today even though I wasn’t able to register. Not sure if OTAs and this are related ?‍♂

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I did get two OTAs today even though I wasn’t able to register. Not sure if OTAs and this are related ?‍♂
At this point, we know nothing. But good to know my OTA wasn’t related to my early access invite.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I think if you report a problem with the car, or the dealer, your out!
Well, I’ve never reported a problem to Ford (no “open tickets”) and I haven’t been to the dealer (yet - scheduled to go tomorrow.) I’m not positive, but I think that at least one person who successfully signed up did have issues?