Redline Reviews on the Mach-E

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Woohoo! Was waiting for Sofyan to review this. That's a looong video. Gonna need my coffee first. Seems he was very excited to drive it, based on what he was posting on IG. Saw he was doing donuts in the snow with the Mach-E. Wonder if he will mention any comparisons to his Rav4 PRIME that he recently purchased. I know he's driven the VW ID4 as well.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This car is the exact configuration I ordered, including interior/exterior colors. I am really happy I went with the space gray interior, because the two-tone look is just so much more interesting than the all-black. And of course the Star White exterior looks great. I agree with the reviewer that Grabber Blue is bolder - but he doesn’t mention that’s only available on the more expensive, sold out First Editions and much more expensive GTs.

This build costs $56,600 - not the $55k he quoted. He also leans pretty heavily on the EPA numbers when comparing to the MY, which we know to not be an accurate comparison.

I chuckled that he experienced some first run glitches in the review, including spotty Ford Pass app, Apple CarPlay, and wireless charging.

He makes a few comparison’s to Tesla’s “Enhanced Autopilot.” Is that $10,000 add?If so, he might have noted that.

After the demonstration of how weak the MME’s Lane Keep Assist is, I am becoming more convinced that much stronger LKA will be the true benefit of the upcoming $600 “hands free driving” upgrade - hence the limitation to pre-mapped highways. I naively thought that LKA already worked well enough to reliably keep you in your lane, but that does not appear to be the case.

Last edited:

Clydesdale

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M Roadster. Chevy Tahoe. Tesla model3.
Country flag
This car is the exact configuration I ordered, including interior/exterior colors. I am really happy I went with the space gray interior, because the two-tone look is just so much more interesting than the all-black. And of course the Star White exterior looks great. I agree with the reviewer that Grabber Blue is bolder - but he doesn’t mention that’s only available on the more expensive, sold out First Editions and much more expensive GTs.

This build costs $56,600 - not the $55k he quoted. He also leans pretty heavily on the EPA numbers when comparing to the MY, which we know to not be an accurate comparison.

I chuckled that he experienced some first run glitches in the review, including spotty Ford Pass app, Apple CarPlay, and wireless charging.

He makes a few comparison’s to Tesla’s “Enhanced Autopilot.” Is that $10,000 add?If so, he might have noted that.

After the demonstration of how weak the MME’s Lane Keep Assist is, I am becoming more convinced that much stronger LKA will be the true benefit of the upcoming $600 “hands free driving” upgrade - hence the limitation to pre-mapped highways. I naively thought that LKA already worked well enough to reliably keep you in your lane, but that does not appear to be the case.
Yes, this is a good review.

Just FYI, the Enhanced Autopilot is included in the base price of the Teslas. It’s very similar in functionality of the current co-pilot. The $10k upgrade is the FSD, which adds some limited current functionality, and also some future functionality — of which we will not open that can of worms. ?
Sponsored