Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Don't think VA deliveries will be trucked from KC. Most seem to be going from KC to Norfolk Southern to rail over here. That follows my dealers past experiences from Mexico - Was told they would rail into Norfolk Southern in Winston-Salem, NC then truck up to Virginia for dealer delivery.

Obviously things change though, so maybe they will truck some from KC over here.
I think you're right. Mine took a Norfolk-Southern train to Delaware and back to KC.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hi @methorian , I'm in Fairfax. I don't know the route the train is taking to the east coast or which terminal they will use to transfer to the truck for deliveries to the DC area. I'll keep an eye on Palsapp to see when/where it will make the final leg to the dealership.
Fairfax-bound cars should take the train to the Port Wilmington (DE) like mine did. Methorian's should head to Winston-Salem.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I think you're right. Mine took a Norfolk-Southern train to Delaware and back to KC.
With all this movement, I wish the cars were better covered. The wraps are only in a few places. I have seen other brands have their entire cars wrapped to prevent damage.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
? Just generated my PIN today, getting the insurance lined up so it's ready to go.
Because you are the most informed on financing/leasing in the forum, please let us know which way you ended up going. Thanks...

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Because you are the most informed on financing/leasing in the forum, please let us know which way you ended up going. Thanks...
don't you know? his A-Plan PIN means he gets the car for 95% off.

(this is not true)

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
With all this movement, I wish the cars were better covered. The wraps are only in a few places. I have seen other brands have their entire cars wrapped to prevent damage.
Well when your car is that fragile that it needs to be wrapped, makes you wonder how thick the paint is!!!
MachE is like, "I don't need no stinkin wrap!" I'm built Ford Tough!!!! ;)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I understand your point. But I think part of the full wrap shipment for new vehicles is for show. To make the customers think "These puppies are really protected." I'm going to go with "Ford has been building and shipping cars for over a century. They know how to do this."

Now if you'll excuse me I have several gallons of Infinite blue paint to order. ;)

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Hi. It looks like my FE was just moved from the KC Speedway (where it had arrived on 1-15-2021) to Norfolk Southern in Birmingham, MO. Mine was one of the cars apparently parked at the Speedway for the QC check. For those curious, I found this on the Palsapp tracker. Then I checked the tracker on this forum which now shows an ETA for delivery of 2-19-2021.
Anyone feel like we are in a giant Monopoly game? OP gets his "Get Out of Jail" card while those of us who were coasting around the board having avoided the original delay email, got a "Go Directly to Jail" delay email for the first time TODAY.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Anyone feel like we are in a giant Monopoly game? OP gets his "Get Out of Jail" card while those of us who were coasting around the board having avoided the original delay email, got a "Go Directly to Jail" delay email for the first time TODAY.
My cars are released from jail finally. Heading to the halfway house on the railroad. Should be home about this time next month if I am lucky.

One more step closer....

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Congrats @hybrid2bev! You should be driving it in a matter of days! Mine was released from jail today as well. Now to see how long it takes to come back east.
My Mach-E just arrived at the dealer 30 minutes ago.... need to call my salesman and let him know!

Last edited:

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
Mine just moved up from March 27th to Feb 25th!

ETA End Date2021-02-25

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
My Mach-E just arrived at the dealer 30 minutes ago.... need to call my saleman and let him know!
Congrats! Out of curiousity - what was your ETA via Ford Order Tracking?
Sponsored