Caulk-E

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Taking delivery of a second Mach-E in a few weeks. My original Mach-E only has 1 Key Fob. My new Mach-E will have 2. My son and my wife will be sharing the original Mach-E. Does anybody know if the dealership can take one of the Key Fobs from my new Mach-E and reprogram it for my original Mach-E?
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
They can, but you should probably keep 2 keys for the 2nd car and just buy one off of an online retailer for your dealer to connect to your 1st car. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Buy a spare fob on Ebay. As low as $30. For the programming, the dealer will have to do it if you only have 1. You should have 2 or 3 per car. With 3 if you lose one, you can reprogram another yourself, if you have 2 remaining, Saving the dealer programming expense again. I paid $130 for dealer programming but used FordPass points.

OP
OP
Caulk-E

Caulk-E

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Buy a spare fob on Ebay. As low as $30. For the programming, the dealer will have to do it if you only have 1. You should have 2 or 3 per car. With 3 if you lose one, you can reprogram another yourself, if you have 2 remaining, Saving the dealer programming expense again. I paid $130 for dealer programming but used FordPass points.
I’ve reviewed the procedure to program a third FOB when you have two original keys (procedure below). My question is what if the FOB is already programmed? The instructions say new unprogrammed fob. Can I follow this procedure to program an already programmed FOB?

90845011-DC88-48DC-9631-B5A6CDA9845A.jpeg

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I am pretty sure it reprograms it to your car. I have not done my third for mine yet, but will soon, it was on my first.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I’ve reviewed the procedure to program a third FOB when you have two original keys (procedure below). My question is what if the FOB is already programmed? The instructions say new unprogrammed fob. Can I follow this procedure to program an already programmed FOB?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Reprogramming Key Fob from another Mach-E 90845011-DC88-48DC-9631-B5A6CDA9845A
When you teach a vehicle to recognize a key, the old vehicle will continue to recognize that key unless you also clear the programming on the old vehicle.

I think you need a dealer involved, with special Ford locksmith licensing processes involved, in order to add the second key to a vehicle with only one key, or to erase a key from a vehicle.

If you skip the erasure step, then your one key will remote lock/unlock both vehicles.

So unless you desire that outcome (it could be cool?), it's probably less expensive, less hassle, and less time for you to buy a new key to pair to the vehicle that currently has only one key.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
When you teach a vehicle to recognize a key, the old vehicle will continue to recognize that key unless you also clear the programming on the old vehicle.

I think you need a dealer involved, with special Ford locksmith licensing processes involved, in order to add the second key to a vehicle with only one key, or to erase a key from a vehicle.

If you skip the erasure step, then your one key will remote lock/unlock both vehicles.

So unless you desire that outcome (it could be cool?), it's probably less expensive, less hassle, and less time for you to buy a new key to pair to the vehicle that currently has only one key.
One fob to rule them all!!!

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
It will not do that at all. If you take a FOB programmed to vehicle 1, and program it to vehicle 2, it will no longer work on vehicle 1. There is a 2-way keying process that happens when you program a FOB. I have tried this with a 2017 Explorer and a 2015 F150. After I was done, I had three FOBs on the F150 and 1 FOB on the Explorer. I have nothing to prove that this has changed for newer vehicles except that these vehicles and the Mach E share the same generation of FOBs. That leads me to believe that the FOB communication/programming is identical, and you will end up with the same outcome as me.

Debangor

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Taking delivery of a second Mach-E in a few weeks. My original Mach-E only has 1 Key Fob. My new Mach-E will have 2. My son and my wife will be sharing the original Mach-E. Does anybody know if the dealership can take one of the Key Fobs from my new Mach-E and reprogram it for my original Mach-E?
If you have a job 1 Mach-E that came with just 1 fob, you can get a free fob from a Ford Dealer. I am not sure of what date range the car had to be produced in, but my MME was produced in December 2020 and I got my free fob last week.

tylerkamp12

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT, 2009 Ford F-250
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Reprogramming Key Fob from another Mach-E 90845011-DC88-48DC-9631-B5A6CDA9845A
I tried all the above several times without success….what am I doing wrong?

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I tried all the above several times without success….what am I doing wrong?
This is a silly question, but does your new remote have a battery in it? I ordered a Lightning fob so that I could a remote frunk release, and it shipped without a battery. To be fair, when I went back to the listing, next to battery size, it says: CR2450 (sold separately). I was just so excited to see it in stock that I missed it at first.

After the battery installed, it took me 2 tries to get my remote programmed. Not sure what I did wrong the first time. After the second try, I got a "Key Programmed Successfully" message, or something similar, on instrument panel. I think someone here posted that they had trouble programming a key while charging.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
This is a silly question, but does your new remote have a battery in it? I ordered a Lightning fob so that I could a remote frunk release, and it shipped without a battery. To be fair, when I went back to the listing, next to battery size, it says: CR2450 (sold separately). I was just so excited to see it in stock that I missed it at first.

After the battery installed, it took me 2 tries to get my remote programmed. Not sure what I did wrong the first time. After the second try, I got a "Key Programmed Successfully" message, or something similar, on instrument panel. I think someone here posted that they had trouble programming a key while charging.
I am not able to get my 3rd FOB programmed either. The battery is fine.
Not sure what I am doing wrong.
I disconnected from charger and followed instructions several times.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I am not able to get my 3rd FOB programmed either. The battery is fine.
Not sure what I am doing wrong.
I disconnected from charger and followed instructions several times.
Try going through the process faster.