Tarynem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium (pending)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Do an appraisal with Carmax. You don't even have to go into the store to get the quote. I took pictures of my 2012 Acura TL with over 130k miles on it this week. Sent it in, and they're giving me $6200. I'm not sure how much longer I'll have to wait for my MME to be delivered, so I bought my 2nd choice car and will just swap it for the MME if I like it better when it comes. I'd say take advantage of the market for used cars at the moment. If you're used to a certain technological sophistication and aren't happy with it, then get what you want.
Sponsored

meshejo

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e premium
Occupation
finance
Country flag
I've tried for almost nine months to let my appreciation for the hardware outweigh my crushing disappointment and frustration with the software. I have failed. I'm going to sell it. Not being a follower of "the marketplace", I'm curious ...

Premium AWD ER, 7800 miles. What kind of resale price should I be looking for?
I am close to being with you as I know the folks at the Enterprise rental agency so well I am invited to Thanksgiving there. My MSRP was 48110, a month ago Carmax offered 48000

timunger0222

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium RWD
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Hey JimHill; I am in the same boat with you. I'm have had mine for 8 months. And now, with the 3rd recall.; I'm out. I wanted to support ford, and I not Tesla, but the software is without doubt completely unacceptable. And yes, I have have multiple dealership software updates, and still, I can not take the pup in the car, nor can I leave the husband in the car, without setting off the motion alarm. I have tried every which way to deactivate it including putting tape over the sensor. I have talked with the dealership three times about it, with nothing more than we will update the software. It simply diminishes the enjoyment of the car. Motion sensors are not the only problem we have had, many many problems with PhoneAsAKey, and many problems with profile mismatch and many problems with settings getting forgotten. The list goes on and on....And I remain confident that for WILL eventually get it all sorted out. I just am impatient.....moving on.

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Hey JimHill; I am in the same boat with you. I'm have had mine for 8 months. And now, with the 3rd recall.; I'm out. I wanted to support ford, and I not Tesla, but the software is without doubt completely unacceptable. And yes, I have have multiple dealership software updates, and still, I can not take the pup in the car, nor can I leave the husband in the car, without setting off the motion alarm. I have tried every which way to deactivate it including putting tape over the sensor. I have talked with the dealership three times about it, with nothing more than we will update the software. It simply diminishes the enjoyment of the car. Motion sensors are not the only problem we have had, many many problems with PhoneAsAKey, and many problems with profile mismatch and many problems with settings getting forgotten. The list goes on and on....And I remain confident that for WILL eventually get it all sorted out. I just am impatient.....moving on.
Sell while you can. I sold mine for a hefty profit. Don't list it on here because people just give you a hard time that you aren't selling it under MSRP to them because there's no tax credit. I tried Vroom and Carmax and Carmax came in $1500 more than Vroom. Vroom has a bad reputation, so I was glad to avoid them and get more.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Sell while you can. I sold mine for a hefty profit. Don't list it on here because people just give you a hard time that you aren't selling it under MSRP to them because there's no tax credit. I tried Vroom and Carmax and Carmax came in $1500 more than Vroom. Vroom has a bad reputation, so I was glad to avoid them and get more.
A couple of points.

First, "sell while you can" implies urgency. Two reasons to wait. One, there MAY be a tax credit for buyers of used vehicles in 2022. Second, prices in the future MAY rise. We sold our 2018 Fusion Energi in October, after getting prices all summer, and just before we did the price went up 15% overnight.

Second, check every possible service you can. CarMax would have required us to drive 260 miles roundtrip. They offered us $24,600 on 10/16, up from $20,600 on 9/19. Vroom was very low. Carvana offered us $22,xxx all summer long, went up and down (actually dropped to $21,xxx as I recall). Resigned to that, I checked once more and they offered $25,296! Then, the night prior to pickup, the price went up $250 more and I asked them to match it and they did...

So, waiting may be good. Or not.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
A couple of points.

First, "sell while you can" implies urgency. Two reasons to wait. One, there MAY be a tax credit for buyers of used vehicles in 2022.
Proposed rules for used EV tax credits are ridiculous. EV must be over 2 years old, under $25K, and the buyer needs an under $75K AGI. The only EVs that qualify are old Leafs, Bolts, Fiats, and eight year old Teslas.

What I've learnt is EVs are teething. You can't be happy with something you don't trust (i.e my old ID.4 with it's electrical problems) and so selling it will provide a massive relief. While I do notice profile issues with the Mach-E and can imagine it frustrating folks with multiple drivers... but in my case it doesn't apply.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Thanks, I hadn't read the proposed rules, just that used vehicles were in there. We won't be selling until Feb at the earliest (when our ordered Mach-E arrives).

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Carmax near Portland, OR offered me $55,000 for my Mach Premium E ER AWD with 6000 miles on it last month. That is about $1500 less than I paid, but I would still be keeping the Tax Credit, so I would have come out money ahead but I love the car too much to give it up.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
Gonna throw my guys in here, they bought my XC40 which enabled me to get the MME.

If it wasn't for Ford Credit not playing ball with anyone, I would've sold it today to get a Polestar2 lease, which would have been cheaper with the $7,500 baked into the lease at 60k MSRP.

Today I was offered $57,000 for my AWD Premium from GiveMeTheVin.com but Ford Credit meant a huge nyet.

It's a shame because the dealer told me I would be able to get the tax credit with a RCL, only to find out here I couldn't.

With 3 recalls I kind of wanted to get out now and into a Polestar 2, kind of disappointed. The XC40 which it shares the same... almost everything as / architecture was a solid vehicle. I don't have months to get this thing fixed with an Escape rental or something. Not worth the lease price monthly.

If you want to get out, the time is now, as they wanted me to drop it off this week.

Original MSRP for this was 51k.
Sponsored