TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@dbsb3233, this doesn't sound right to me. I wonder if your dealer is up to shenanigans? What did Ford MME helpline say when you asked them?
I haven't yet. Like I said above, I'll give them the courtesy of a day or two to respond. If they don't to my satisfaction, I'm calling Ford. I just wanted to check here today to see if anyone was getting the same thing (which by now they're clearly not).

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I haven't yet. Like I said above, I'll give them the courtesy of a day or two to respond. If they don't to my satisfaction, I'm calling Ford. I just wanted to check here today to see if anyone was getting the same thing (which by now they're clearly not).
Go get 'em! I'm not happy with what your dealer is trying to get away with.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I can imagine a scenario like:

Boss: we have all these reservations, we need to get them converted to orders! (Meaning call people and close the deal)

New guy: okay, sure thing boss (thinking, oh I'll just click the button, this job is going to be easy!)

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
They could have clicking through to see how it works but then went one click too far. That’s assUming that it was their first time.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Drop an email to an executive explaining just how annoying (etc) this is:

Frederiek Toney
Vice President Customer Service
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

William Clay Ford Jr.
Executive Chairman
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
(313) 322-3000
[email protected]

Mary Culler, Chief of Staff. [email protected]

Chief Executive
James P. Hackett
President and CEO
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
(313) 322-3000
[email protected]

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They could have clicking through to see how it works but then went one click too far. That’s assUming that it was their first time.
I had a similar thought too. This whole reservation thing it all new to them too, so I could see some confusion and mistakes.

However, their response kinda undercuts that.

Their very first response when I contacted them was that they thought customers bought the Mach-e directly from Ford, and the dealer was just the pickup point.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Drop an email to an executive explaining just how annoying (etc) this is:
After I get it sorted out, I may pass on the experience as feedback to help them improve the process. It's not to that point yet though.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I had a similar thought too. This whole reservation thing it all new to them too, so I could see some confusion and mistakes.

However, their response kinda undercuts that.

Their very first response when I contacted them was that they thought customers bought the Mach-e directly from Ford, and the dealer was just the pickup point.
Well,
On the bright side, since you didn't submit the order request yourself....you aren't bound to all the disclaimers that we had to agree to. There were several pages of stuff to read and agree to before we were allowed to submit our order request. If the dealer clicked away on their side then I presume your exposure is very limited....if any.

Check and see if Ford refunds your reservation deposit. It takes a couple of days usually....

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well,
On the bright side, since you didn't submit the order request yourself....you aren't bound to all the disclaimers that we had to agree to. There were several pages of stuff to read and agree to before we were allowed to submit our order request. If the dealer clicked away on their side then I presume your exposure is very limited....if any.

Check and see if Ford refunds your reservation deposit. It takes a couple of days usually....
Yep, I've been checking my credit card account all day for a refund from Ford. And of course there was no deposit to the dealer (unless they somehow are able to redirect the Ford deposit, which is contrary to Ford's terms).

I think the only thing I could realistically lose is my reservation spot. But I'm confident Ford would straighten it out if it comes to that.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I just checked my reservation for a Select, and the description now says "In store order" with an order date of 7/15/2020, and my former reservation number as the order number. As an aside, my sales guy called me this morning when I was in the shower and I never got around to calling him back today. Definitely gonna call him tomorrow!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Reservation Automatically Converted to Order Overnight screenshot

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I would be extremely miffed if a dealer deiced to suddenly turn my reservation into an order long before I wanted to. I hope it all gets sorted for you. I can forgive the teething issues at the start of the process but that was weeks ago.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just checked my reservation for a Select, and the description now says "In store order" with an order date of 7/15/2020, and my former reservation number as the order number. As an aside, my sales guy called me this morning when I was in the shower and I never got around to calling him back today. Definitely gonna call him tomorrow!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Reservation Automatically Converted to Order Overnight screenshot
So the same thing happened to you? Maybe it is something top-down from Ford then. Yours shows 7/15 as the order date. Did you get an email from Ford? I got one today (20th) while my Ford account page shows order placed the 18th.

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Your dealer is bullshitting. Can you post a screenshot of the email? Which dealer? Name and shame.

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
That's what I was worried about too. Or being vague and hiding any add-on price details initially, just hoping the reservation holder converts to an order where the dealer then controls the car. And then play their pricing games when the car arrives, hoping the buyer either gives in or walks away, where they then have the car to sell to someone with $5k-$10k ADM.

That's why I'm insisting on all dealer communications be by email, so I have a written record. And I'm trying to get them nailed down on all pricing aspects before placing the order. Or at least that was the plan before they latched onto my res and converted it to an order. I didn't even know they could do that. Kind of annoyed Ford's online system allows a dealer to hijack our reservations.

So far I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm dubious of the "Ford Corporate" explanation and fear it's just a ploy to gain control of the vehicle. If I don't get good answers in the next few days, I'll call Ford and ask it get converted back to reservation status (if that's even possible).
Yes please call Ford corporate, I don't trust your dealer.
Sponsored