First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
Hi all,

As posted by me in other relevant threads, Ford Netherlands urged me to sign the final purchase agreement this week with no
resolutive conditions regarding range specifications or delivery date (must be before 1/1/2021 due to tax regulations in The Netherlands).

Also, as the test drives are not possible for the coming weeks/months, this means that I have to sign for a car based on visuals only.

That's why I have formally cancelled my First Editon reservation today. My dissapointment towards Ford NL encourages me to look for another EV.

Shame!

I wish you all the best here and hope you will get your Mach E's on time and according to your expectations.

Ciao!
Marc.
Sponsored

Deleted member 367

Hi all,

As posted by me in other relevant threads, Ford Netherlands urged me to sign the final purchase agreement this week with no
resolutive conditions regarding range specifications or delivery date (must be before 1/1/2021 due to tax regulations in The Netherlands).

Also, as the test drives are not possible for the coming weeks/months, this means that I have to sign for a car based on visuals only.

That's why I have formally cancelled my First Editon reservation today. My dissapointment towards Ford NL encourages me to look for another EV.

Shame!

I wish you all the best here and hope you will get your Mach E's on time and according to your expectations.

Ciao!
Marc.
Hi Marc, I cancelled my reservation over a month ago for very similar reasons. I wish everyone else well but I'll not be among them at this time.

Bye, CAGrant

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I am sorry to hear that you have cancelled your order. I do understand your thought process. I was in a similar situation with a Peugeot e2008 I had on order. I did at least managed to drive a petrol version so was a bit more comfortable with it. However, the spec that I ordered was not, as it turned out, available so I cancelled and went for the MME instead Although I haven't driven the car I did get to look at it up close and personal. I managed to sit in it, adjust the driving position and test the rear seats. Overall I was very impressed with it. As soon as I saw it in the flesh I new I had made the right decision. Even my wife agreed. I have been a Ford man for the last 40 years or so and have yet to 'drive' a dodgy one. I don't see why this one is going to be any different. Although I have a diesel at the moment I have driven an E-Niro and a Peugeot e-208, both of which had less power than the MME but were still very good. I assume that it is a Ford NL thing getting you to commit now. I don't understand why they are doing it this early. I would imagine that if all your dealers are doing this with no get out clause then there will be an awful lot more cancellations. And then all those cars that were going to go to the Netherlands will go elsewhere. Perhaps they might change some of them to RHD. Good luck on your future purchase

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Hi Marc, I cancelled my reservation over a month ago for very similar reasons. I wish everyone else well but I'll not be among them at this time.

Bye, CAGrant
You had a dealer trying to force you to buy now?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is unfortunate. But it sounds like pretty much everyone that plans to follow through with their reservation and convert it to an order will face the same timing issue -- having to do it before any demos are available for test drive. In the US, it sounds like we're looking at late June for orders (so far), while the demos probably won't arrive before Sept-Oct.

The key is what sort of commitment the order agreement carries. If there's any non-refundable deposit involved, I'm out. (I'm leaning toward being out anyway, and looping around to buying a 2021 or 2022 off the lot next year. But anything non-refundable is an automatic deal-breaker.)

It's also unfortunate that tax laws artificially force us into decisions that are contrary to what we feel is most logical for us. The tax timing issues can suck. My state tax credit drops another $1500 after 2020 (from $4000 to $2500).

Last edited:
Reactions: UW2

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Hi all,

Shame!

Ciao!
Marc.
I would like to understand if this is a Ford Netherlands thing or a Ford Netherlands dealer thing?

Seems nuts to me they wouldn't push back the tax thing a year do to the coronavirus.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Seems nuts to me they wouldn't push back the tax thing a year do to the coronavirus.
And that could still be possible. That's probably not the highest priority for governments right now, but I could see that possibly later in the year. Of course, governments are also going to be bleeding money this year with soaring debt and decimated tax revenues, so maybe not.

JSAlexVa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
I cancelled mine a few days ago. I decided to buy a used Model 3 from Tesla, with the full self driving package, and wait for the Mach E, XC-40, Polestar 2, and Model Y to prove themselves. I’ll keep monitoring this board to see how the vehicle behaves once it is out and about. I’ll use the Model 3 to transition and to set the bar.

The supercharger network was another factor, especially at places I normally drive to. Tesla just installed a brand new V3 station (6 stalls) over by my beach condo....next to a 2 stall 50Kw ChargePoint.....Electrify America nowhere to be found. At this price point, I don’t want to worry about charging when I go to my beach destinations......one has a 110 outlet.....no outlets in the other one (condo building).

But looking forward to reading about the future Mach E experience here.

Deleted member 367

You had a dealer trying to force you to buy now?
No. My "dealer" doesn't even know who I am. It was the knawing discomfort with the frequent "happy PR" releases, etc etc, coupled with the lack of key statistics that flashed red in my head.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
This is unfortunate. But it sounds like pretty much everyone that plans to follow through with their reservation and convert it to an order will face the same timing issue -- having to do it before any demos are available for test drive. In the US, it sounds like we're looking at late June for orders (so far), while the demos probably won't arrive before Sept-Oct.

The key is what sort of commitment the order agreement carries. If there's any non-refundable deposit involved, I'm out. (I'm leaning toward being out anyway, and looping around to buying a 2021 or 2022 off the lot next year. But anything non-refundable is an automatic deal-breaker.)

It's also unfortunate that tax laws artificially force us into decisions that are contrary to what we feel is most logical for us. The tax timing issues can suck. My state tax credit drops another $1500 after 2020 (from $4000 to $2500).
But surely that was always the case. I always understood that we would have to confirm our order before test drives. On everything that I have read it said that the confirm order stage would be spring 2020 (May). Here in UK in the summer we are due to apply for finance with deliveries in the Autumn. When I went to a MME event the Ford guy giving a presentation produced a spread sheet with timings. This was, May - confirm order, Sept/Oct - demos and FE arrive and Nov/Dec - next phase of deliveries. Apart from the timings ( possibly) going south a bit there isn't any shift in this process. UK website states that at the confirm order stage no more money will be needed. Good enough for me.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
But surely that was always the case. I always understood that we would have to confirm our order before test drives. On everything that I have read it said that the confirm order stage would be spring 2020 (May). Here in UK in the summer we are due to apply for finance with deliveries in the Autumn. When I went to a MME event the Ford guy giving a presentation produced a spread sheet with timings. This was, May - confirm order, Sept/Oct - demos and FE arrive and Nov/Dec - next phase of deliveries. Apart from the timings ( possibly) going south a bit there isn't any shift in this process. UK website states that at the confirm order stage no more money will be needed. Good enough for me.
Everything you said is absolutely true here in the states as well - except one: when asked directly about the refund-ability (and requirement) of order deposits placed with dealers this spring Ford execs stated that "the agreements are between the dealers and customers, and Ford has nothing to do with that". Time will tell how reasonable dealers are going to be about that, but it is clear that in the Netherlands they are not.

PSaulet

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw Amarok, Tesla M3, Caterham, Annulé Mach e
Country flag
Same in France and it must be similar all over Europe, we can retract until the choice of financing without charge ... Of course on this date no test possible, it's a bet on the future but I think I can bet in a more secure way with Ford than it had to be with Tesla in its time, the pioneers also playing heads or tails !!!!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Everything you said is absolutely true here in the states as well - except one: when asked directly about the refund-ability (and requirement) of order deposits placed with dealers this spring Ford execs stated that "the agreements are between the dealers and customers, and Ford has nothing to do with that". Time will tell how reasonable dealers are going to be about that, but it is clear that in the Netherlands they are not.
I suppose we will just have to wait and see when the time comes to 'sign on the dotted line'.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
But surely that was always the case. I always understood that we would have to confirm our order before test drives.
Agreed. The timeline might be pushed back a little further now but orders before demos was always the assumption (for the reservation holders). What was more murky is whether the order will require a deposit and whether it's fully refundable. That's still a key item that looks like it may vary from country to country and even dealer to dealer.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Agreed. The timeline might be pushed back a little further now but orders before demos was always the assumption (for the reservation holders). What was more murky is whether the order will require a deposit and whether it's fully refundable. That's still a key item that looks like it may vary from country to country and even dealer to dealer.
I think that where the confusion lies is the fact that Ford are launching the MME in multiple countries at the same time. As is the norm ALL cars have the same specs/tech. The issue is that what is standard and what are options are different everywhere. The US has Select, Premium, Cal. Route 1, First Edition and GT. UK, and I think most of Europe, at the moment anyway, have Mustang Mach e, which is RWD, Mustang AWD and First Edition. The first 2 versions come in SR and ER. Now in UK the SR RWD comes with just the basics. The ER RWD comes pretty much fully loaded. The SR AWD is the same as SR RWD EXCEPT it gets the better seats. The ER AWD gets everything. As it stands at the moment there are NO cost options. You get what is published. On mainland Europe they have the option of paying for tech pack on a particular version or not. Now to the initial payment. From what I have gathered on here from reading various comments it would seem that in the US you reserved a MME and paid $500 to Ford. When it comes to order you then deal with dealer who then may or may not need a deposit. Ford return your initial $500. Please forgive me if this incorrect. I am only going by my interpretation of what I read. In the UK we preordered our MME and paid a £1000 deposit. We had to choose a specific dealer, not our preferred dealer. The MME can only be purchased through a Ford store. The deposit went to the dealer and not Ford, although my dealer didn't realise this. As far as I am aware the order confirmation is carried out online and not via dealer and Ford state that there is no further payment required at this stage. I can only assume that mainland Europe has their own system which is different again. Confused? I know I am. I like to think that IF I wanted to pull out I can do right up to signing on the dotted line and get my money back. Watch this space
Sponsored