Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I think that where the confusion lies is the fact that Ford are launching the MME in multiple countries at the same time. As is the norm ALL cars have the same specs/tech. The issue is that what is standard and what are options are different everywhere. The US has Select, Premium, Cal. Route 1, First Edition and GT. UK, and I think most of Europe, at the moment anyway, have Mustang Mach e, which is RWD, Mustang AWD and First Edition. The first 2 versions come in SR and ER. Now in UK the SR RWD comes with just the basics. The ER RWD comes pretty much fully loaded. The SR AWD is the same as SR RWD EXCEPT it gets the better seats. The ER AWD gets everything. As it stands at the moment there are NO cost options. You get what is published. On mainland Europe they have the option of paying for tech pack on a particular version or not. Now to the initial payment. From what I have gathered on here from reading various comments it would seem that in the US you reserved a MME and paid $500 to Ford. When it comes to order you then deal with dealer who then may or may not need a deposit. Ford return your initial $500. Please forgive me if this incorrect. I am only going by my interpretation of what I read. In the UK we preordered our MME and paid a ÂŁ1000 deposit. We had to choose a specific dealer, not our preferred dealer. The MME can only be purchased through a Ford store. The deposit went to the dealer and not Ford, although my dealer didn't realise this. As far as I am aware the order confirmation is carried out online and not via dealer and Ford state that there is no further payment required at this stage. I can only assume that mainland Europe has their own system which is different again. Confused? I know I am. I like to think that IF I wanted to pull out I can do right up to signing on the dotted line and get my money back. Watch this space
The variations on order process in different countries are crazy, and in the void of solid info being available, all sorts of misconceptions are coming out amongst both dealers and customers.

For UK orders I was told that the deposit we paid (Ford passed the payment info from the online form to the dealer to process) was refundable up to just before actual delivery. Ironically I was only charged ÂŁ500 for a deposit not ÂŁ1000. I guess the deposit amount was left to the discretion of the dealer taking payment, but it highlights even more inconsistencies even within the same country!
Sponsored

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I’m going to be unashamedly
vulture like here, please forgive me...

If anyone else reading this is considering cancelling their FE reservation, I’m quite desperate to get my hands on one and would be willing to offer £500/$620US/€573/$874CA if we’re able to work together and get it transferred over to my order... I don’t even know if it is possible, but I’m exhausting every means necessary!

???

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
You could always try amending the email address on the order or the associated Ford account, but you’d need to get the dealership changed as well (unless you were prepared to travel to pick it up)

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
You could always try amending the email address on the order or the associated Ford account, but you’d need to get the dealership changed as well (unless you were prepared to travel to pick it up)
I’d travel... the further I travel, the further I get to travel back ?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I think contacting dealers now may be your best bet. When they start contacting customers to convert reservation to order and they have an FE customer no longer wanting to do so (which is probably likely given the current situation), that may be the best time to instead place the order for you if they know you're interested in picking up the empty slot.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I think contacting dealers now may be your best bet. When they start contacting customers to convert reservation to order and they have an FE customer no longer wanting to do so (which is probably likely given the current situation), that may be the best time to instead place the order for you if they know you're interested in picking up the empty slot.
I have tried, but they’re not open... at least my dealership isn’t. I’d probably need to contact all the UK dealerships, as I’ve no idea how many MMEs have been orders through my dealer. I might be the only one for all I know... or do you think they would have oversight of all other dealerships?

I have been speaking to the e-sales team who have been very helpful. They’ve said once all the stock cards are in, I’ll have an option to buy an FE of there are any cancelled orders... but I’m not sure how that would work, as I suspect the dealers will need to confirm orders before they create stock cards? And do we know if Ford will still produce the full 11k or 12k FEs if they get a bunch of cancelled orders, or will they just produce to order?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
And do we know if Ford will still produce the full 11k or 12k FEs if they get a bunch of cancelled orders, or will they just produce to order?
Where did you hear 11-12k? We've heard lots of guesses about the number but nothing definitive.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Where did you hear 11-12k? We've heard lots of guesses about the number but nothing definitive.
That seems high given that it appears approximately 15,000 will be GTs (based on Ford info that 30% of orders are for GT). If there were that many FEs, there would only be 23,000 of all non-FE or GT configurations.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
We are still a year away for GT production, so I hope they don't press for final GT orders this soon.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I heard that there was 1500 on its way across the pond. However my source didn't know/wouldn't say if that number was for ALL of Europe or just the UK. I tend to think the former. Would seem a lot for UK only. But having said that, I heard that my nominated dealer had had 40 reservations. Given that there are only about 30 Ford store dealers in the UK who can sell the MME then 1500 to the UK might not sound so large.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I heard that there was 1500 on its way across the pond. However my source didn't know/wouldn't say if that number was for ALL of Europe or just the UK. I tend to think the former. Would seem a lot for UK only. But having said that, I heard that my nominated dealer had had 40 reservations. Given that there are only about 30 Ford store dealers in the UK who can sell the MME then 1500 to the UK might not sound so large.
The number I heard was 3k FE units. Don’t know the NA/Euro split on that.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Honestly, no idea. I feel like I read it somewhere and I’ve never thought anything else. By the looks of everyone’s response, my eyes/memory have definitely deceived me! ?

So the reality is we don’t actually know how many they are making?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Honestly, no idea. I feel like I read it somewhere and I’ve never thought anything else. By the looks of everyone’s response, my eyes/memory have definitely deceived me! ?

So the reality is we don’t actually know how many they are making?
I would trust hybrid2bev's info on that
Sponsored