Reiko

Reiko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Welcome to Mach-e world and nice to see another on the Colorado roads. I will be the one in Space White who waves at you. Love the color of your car.... looks great!
I almost got the space white so I could drive around a little mini space shuttle, but that night pony package looked to damn good with the blue. 😊
Sponsored

OP
OP
Reiko

Reiko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Welcome! Fantastic looking car!

(Isn't Dream Chaser a Sierra Aerospace project without NASA involvement?)
When I was working DC it was under the NASA commercial crew program. Sadly we lost out to SpaceX and Boeing. It got some new life under commercial cargo program though.

OP
OP
Reiko

Reiko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Hey, I recognize that Space Shuttle! (I never got to go in one though 😢)
I got to go in every day I worked there and absolutely loved every minute. A true childhood dream come true. Broke my heart when they were retired and I was laid off. There has never been anything like it.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Yet I still have trouble screwing in a light bulb 😉
It's harder these days as getting the Wi and Fi going the same direction takes talent.
Welcome, nice car and fun times.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Rocket Man

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No worries!

Nothing to great compared to the real experts that taught me. I pulled a 7:57 in a ZL1 1LE and a 7:44 in the Z06. I’m still proud though. 😊
Damn, impressive. How many laps till you sort of knew which way the course went? I assume you knew Jim Mero?

OP
OP
Reiko

Reiko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Damn, impressive. How many laps till you sort of knew which way the course went? I assume you knew Jim Mero?
Months of simulation on iracing to prep for
It, then a dozen laps in person on the modified Suzuki swift. Still damn near killed myself on a few turns in that. Finally all clicked together though after some practice laps in each car. Butt feel is everything.

OP
OP
Reiko

Reiko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Months of simulation on iracing to prep for
It, then a dozen laps in person on the modified Suzuki swift. Still damn near killed myself on a few turns in that. Finally all clicked together though after some practice laps in each car. Butt feel is everything.
Met Jim a couple times, but he was usually very busy. My main mentors were Shaun Bailey and Bill Wise. They have so many talented drivers though, I had plenty to learn from them all.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
There's a million opinions about the car on this forum. I'm not sure I care for more of those so, let's get to the real question:

Out of all the aliens you've met, who's your favorite?
Nice to see you back Todd! :)

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Welcome! Beyond jealous. My daughter was recently in Coco Beach with her swim team and went to Kennedy Space Center. I said "wait until you see that Saturn 5...". She was blown away. I showed her this post and her comment was "Slay Queen!" which is about as high a compliment as you can get from a Gen Z these days :cool:

Needless to say both my daughters - also in science programmes - are seriously impressed.

Enjoy the car!

OP
OP
Reiko

Reiko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Welcome! Beyond jealous. My daughter was recently in Coco Beach with her swim team and went to Kennedy Space Center. I said "wait until you see that Saturn 5...". She was blown away. I showed her this post and her comment was "Slay Queen!" which is about as high a compliment as you can get from a Gen Z these days :cool:

Needless to say both my daughters - also in science programmes - are seriously impressed.

Enjoy the car!
I shall “slay” for them! 😂

Feel free to DM me sometime, happy to encourage the kids in any way I can. 😊

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
It’s surprising how composed it is with all that weight. It does get out of shape after a certain point, but active handling has sorted it out so far. 😂

areacode413

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
When your 23 reaches its charging target,if the charging status indicator blinks blue it’s bugged and requires a trip to the dealer to fix for now. It should turn white and not pulse blue.

z28power

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE Vapor Mist Blue
I'm in good company, car twin! I just got my Vapor Mist Blue GTPE with Night Pony Package delivered on Friday. I've been finding reasons to go out and drive every day since. It's amazing! Waiting to do my ceramic this weekend before I post pics, the ones I have are just mediocre with half the car in a tree shadow when it was delivered into the driveway.
Sponsored