Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I haven't read a single thing about roofs flying off, only that the seals aren't great and some cracked. This isn't the only outlet to say this either. My wife called me after hearing it on WTOP (a local news radio here) that said the same thing

Tarynem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium (pending)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I haven't read a single thing about roofs flying off, only that the seals aren't great and some cracked. This isn't the only outlet to say this either. My wife called me after hearing it on WTOP (a local news radio here) that said the same thing
I also heard this on WTOP yesterday afternoon. I'm in Maryland. They also said there haven't been any accidents or instances where thats happened...but yeah, definitely sensationalized.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
It's not trying to help anyone, but, Ford came out with this car, bragged about it's quality, how it's better than some other company, and now in typical Ford fashion, we have a world-wide recall on the car.

Ford, your words, cook them, and savor the taste as you eat them.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
It's not trying to help anyone, but, Ford came out with this car, bragged about it's quality, how it's better than some other company, and now in typical Ford fashion, we have a world-wide recall on the car.

Ford, your words, cook them, and savor the taste as you eat them.
If I had a dollar for every Mach-E roof that came off, I'd have... well... zero dollars.

Scrannel

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Diesel. Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Screenwriter
Country flag
Guys and Gals -- Tesla gets hit by this wacko crap all the time. (flying frunk lids for a while!) There is this herd out there, that truly hates anything different, that truly believes the mantra from the movie "Network":

'We know things are bad – worse than bad. They’re crazy. It’s like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don’t go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is: ‘Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone.’

You E-Stang owners are just getting started in that world!

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are no roofs falling off, the Mach-E is better built, has better range, is more affordable, has more room and Faster than the Tesla Model Y. Thats why they are upset.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
FWIW, here's the Car and Driver report of the recall. The punchline for current owners and those taking delivery soon is:

• The windshield recall applies to 17,692 Mustang Mach-E vehicles built between February 24, 2020, and June 18, 2021; the sunroof recall impacts 13,544 units built during the same dates.

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
tesla is in no position to throw stones. it's just a click bait story, like 99% of all stories in 2021.
rear windows on Y's and 3's were exploding for no reason a while back. many model 3's came with cracked roof glass, etc.
Sponsored